Sign in to follow this  
Blobby

IM Melbourne - 4 entries available for sale

Hi,

At the IM Melbourne 2013 race my Scout group (1st Chelsea Heights) volunteered and ran two aid stations. The organisers have arranged for 4 entries to be made available with the proceeds to go to our scout group.

If anyone is interested in an entry, and has not already entered please PM me and I will arrange them for you. The cost of each entry is $800.

Regards

Stephen White

Hmm, I didn't think you were allowed to on-sell these 'free' entries but i could be incorrect.

Edited by swanny

Swanny, it has the blessing of the race organisers. I would personally have used it for myself and buddies, but had already entered myself. I was worried a few people may think it was a con, and have explicitly got the organisers approval.

Regards

Stephen

• Like 1

Sounds good Blobby. My club is going to draw out names from the aid station volunteers at an upcoming club function. We wanted to make it like a roll-down and keep the entries within the club and hopefully to a volunteer. Good luck with the sale, don't believe you will have any problems selling them either.

PM sent too. Put one on hold for a slimmer, trained up, well prepared, 2002 version peepee.

• Like 1

What a fantastic idea. Does anyone know if they do the same at other IM's?

There are always lots of fantastic volunteers as IMWA, Hopefully the clubs that provide the vollies get some sort of reward.

Good to see the kids can get a benefit for the work they put in on race day. I know at Port the kids at all the aid stations did an awesome job.

I wonder if you could have gotten more by auctioning the entries ;)

Sounds good Blobby. My club is going to draw out names from the aid station volunteers at an upcoming club function.

Ditto for our preso night. We have one draw for actual volunteers and one for all interested club members - if you are a member and you were a volly you get two shots.

• Like 1