Sign in to follow this  
nath (formally nin)

Cyclingtips - The bike lane

Anybody else watch the Bike lane on cyclingtips?

I quite enjoy it and really enjoy Scott McGrory's input for some experienced input and a balanced view without any ego, hopefully he sticks around in this commentary gig for a while. Strange for a cyclist! :shutup:

http://cyclingtips.c...ta-to-burritos/

Edited by nath (formally nin)

Jack Bobridge not happy about Scott McGrory's comments. Jack Bobridge@JackBobridge 9h

Good to see @ScottMcGrory backing Aussie athletes on his talk show.... Not!!!! #whatajoke

What did Scott say that got jacky so bent out of shape?

What did Scott say that got jacky so bent out of shape?

gave him a ribbing for not stepping up

From memory it wasn't that much of a ribbing, didn't he also say something about another aussie in the latest one? Can't remember who, but again it wasn't a big spray, just saying it's time he stepped up. Was it Lloyd? So maybe Jack was defending the other guy...?

The frustrating thing about Jack Bobby is that he has so much potential which, for whatever reason, he hasn't made the most of. DIdn't he come top 5 in the world TT a few years back? WR 4000m pursuit. Not sure what he was up to in the Giro, but he was pretty close to slowest in the ITT. Hopefully he gets his stuff together soon otherwise it might be all over for him. I know he's only young though.

But I agree, the Bike Lane is great!

• Like 1

Should add that this is way better than Cycling Central but I hope it doesn't replace it. As much as I find it really hard to watch Anthony Tan and Al Hinds who never tell us anything we didn't already know, and Tan reports like he's trying to win a Walkley with every piece, I do like the varied mix of cycling stuff they show. I did prefer it when it was just Tomolaris though. (I never thought I would write that!)

The frustrating thing about Jack Bobby is that he has so much potential which, for whatever reason, he hasn't made the most of.

Maybe it's the same reason Brad McGee didn't reach his potential as a pro.

Clean?

Bobridge's woes aren't as a result of being clean. If he can ride a 4:10 IP he should still make some impact in the peloton, even if he was the only clean rider.

More likely his issues are that

A ) He's got rheumatoid arthritis, and

B ) he was rumoured to be a bit of a pisshead for a while when he first went pro

Whether he still has the desire after all he achieved on the track and whether his body will permit him to do the required training will determine whether he breaks through or not.

• Like 1