Road Runner

KUOTA KALIBUR TRIATHLON TT CARBON BIKE

Kuota Kalibur

Very good condition.

The ultimate weapon in the fight against time, its ground-up design combines aerodynamics and comfort for maximum sustained effort. At just 1.0kg, it thrives on more than just flat land. An additional benefit is the 76 and 78 degree offsets so you can find your happy place and break your personal best with an optimized bike fit or steep angled position. With a better postion in place it is inevitable that you will ride faster. With greater speeds every riders requires greater stability which is why Kuotas front-end features a 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" Head Tube for exceptional stability and control.

Product Options

This bike was used to win the Hawaiin Ironman twice and also set the current bike course record .

Available for inspection within Perth metro area

I can post - courier the bike interstate at buyers expense.

Please see ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121113414343

Key Features

• High Modulas Carbon Fibre

• Dura Ace Group Set
  • Profile Carbon X1.5 Aero bar
  • Mavic Ksyrium ES Wheels
  • Ceramic Bottom Bracket
  • Look KEO carbon Ti peddals
  • Rear dual water bottle cage holder

• Size:LARGE. I am 6ft and this bike fits very well

SEATPOST

Two seat post will be supplied. One for 76 and the other 78 degree seat angles

FORK

Carbon

WEAVE

HEADSET

1-1/8” • 1-1/8”

REAR HANGER

Interchangeable

GEOMETRY

Triathlon - Time Trail

Please see ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121113414343

Hi There,

I was the winner of this bike on eBay.

You took my money happily and advertised the bike on Gumtree the same day for twice as much marked 'urgent sale' http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/girrawheen/bicycles/kuota-kalibur-carbon-triathlon-time-trial-bike/1020421215

A week later you refunded my money saying you had found a large crack on the frame and would not like to send it to me in that condition.

I am not saying this is not true BUT I email (twice) back asking for photos of the damage and you don't reply. I ring your number and you hang up each time. I just think its a bit rich to advertise here linking to eBay and then not go through with the sale.

I note you have more items up for sale and I think it fair to point this out to other users of this forum.

Edited by proctor

:jerry: That is poor form if that was the case. Will be interested to read the response.

Happy to be told otherwise, but for me Transition is a forum of discussion and varying opinions with lots of strong objective views (everyone is entitled to there opinion) but, I would have thought overall that when it comes to Tri-Trade it would be all trust and the real deal.

I am sure this avenue of selling buying goods is a successful and trustworthy one. I know I would have no hesitation in buying stuff here...... Hope it stays that way!!!

Happy to be told otherwise, but for me Transition is a forum of discussion and varying opinions with lots of strong objective views (everyone is entitled to there opinion) but, I would have thought overall that when it comes to Tri-Trade it would be all trust and the real deal.

I am sure this avenue of selling buying goods is a successful and trustworthy one. I know I would have no hesitation in buying stuff here...... Hope it stays that way!!!

IMO the problem stems from allowing folks to sign up, post endless items here without ever contributing to the main forum. It does nothing but benefit the poster and takes away from the feeling that you are dealing with a 'regular'.

We've had similar issues on my golf forum from time to time. Not every transaction will go 'smoothly'. They've just introduced a 150 post minimum to post in the trade section, and obvious post boosting doesn't count.

It's also one of the reasons why I personally am not a fan of advertising ebay auctions here. Tritrade should be for trannies to offer gear to other trannies first, before moving off to ebay where it's open to the world. Tritrade has more of a mate giving mates the option first, not the option to get into a bidding war with others.

Just my thoughts! I have no issues with someone offering here with a comment saying listed here first, but it's off to the bay in a week if no interest.

The person above me is a very intelligent individual.

Also has impeccable personal grooming and smells like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies :)

Silence from Raod Runner - Seems to have beep beeped and taken off = A'hole.

I have had about 6 tri trade buys - 2 of them were crap results and I was ripped off ..buyer beware I guess

Really? If that's the case you really should post your experience so other people know who they are dealing with.

I've bought / sold a few bits and pieces in here, including a fairly expensive bike and it's always been easy and pleasant.

Most times I'd post stuff without even checking if it's been paid, I always found it a lot easier than dealing with people on eBay.

Edited by Rog
  • Like 1

Crap situation.

Hopefully threads like this will help us self-regulate..

I would imagine that unless Road Runner get on here and clears this up, every time he advertises, someone will hop on and warn others.

However... I guess we can't stop him/her setting up a new ID..

That's where the post count minimum comes in. If someone is participating in the general discussions then it tends to give them more credibility when it comes to the trading forum (plus they'll be less likely to want to be trashed out for a bad trade experience). I mean, if a first time poster advertised something and roxii listed the same thing, who would you buy from? But if they at least have a certain number of posts, you can go and read them, and try and get a sense of what the seller is like.

I've only had a few purchases here, but all have been good. Saying that, I think all have been from Roxii :)

In the end, sadly, it is a buyer beware system. There's no ratings, no purchase/seller history. And even though ebay has that people still get caught there. The site has no responsibility as it's just a courtesy offered to the members if they want to use it.

Edited by goughy

I found a bike on here for a mate once. Was advertized as one size and when it arrived it was a size smaller. Had to pay freight interstate to get it here but it was totally useless to us once it arrived.

When we approached the seller he was good enough to take the bike back, however would only pay half of the freight for the return and was giving us attitude about that. My mate was down about $100.

I won't buy anything of any value off here unless the seller is someone I have seen post a fair bit, and they are OK.

In this case the seller was one of those Tri Trade only trannies.

Best things about tri trade in the old days was as a newbie then if someone jumped on selling xyz for $200, someone who actually was an old hand on the site and new a bit would jump on and say, mate you can buy them at abc for $150 brand new, better get your price down if you're serious. It offended a few people here out to flog their stuff but it was for the better of the community IMO.

(It did get out of hand a few times with people trying to sell certain types of wheels and Tony and a few others lambasting the seller for repeating the claims on the manufacturer, which they believed rightly or wrongly to be incorrect.)

Hopefully sellers will get the message to be upfront and not try any dodgy stuff and we see a return of this example of looking out for each other.

I found a bike on here for a mate once. Was advertized as one size and when it arrived it was a size smaller. Had to pay freight interstate to get it here but it was totally useless to us once it arrived.

When we approached the seller he was good enough to take the bike back, however would only pay half of the freight for the return and was giving us attitude about that. My mate was down about $100.

I won't buy anything of any value off here unless the seller is someone I have seen post a fair bit, and they are OK.

In this case the seller was one of those Tri Trade only trannies.

Name and shame

Name and shame

I could, but I won't. I don't think they were purposely being deceptive, just had NFI what they were selling.

Not forking out freight for their mistake was poor form though.

We've had similar issues on my golf forum from time to time. Not every transaction will go 'smoothly'. They've just introduced a 150 post minimum to post in the trade section, and obvious post boosting doesn't count.

It's also one of the reasons why I personally am not a fan of advertising ebay auctions here. Tritrade should be for trannies to offer gear to other trannies first, before moving off to ebay where it's open to the world. Tritrade has more of a mate giving mates the option first, not the option to get into a bidding war with others.

Just my thoughts! I have no issues with someone offering here with a comment saying listed here first, but it's off to the bay in a week if no interest.

Totally agree with all of this

Espually with the minimum post count to post In tri trade

No eBay links either

Cheers

Ip

Having said that you can get stung by trannies with big post counts and a semi regular contribution to tri chat

I bought a SRM of a regular poster , in which he said it would fit a X model bike but when we got it it certainly didn't

When questioned about this after payment was made the seller said no it won't fit an X model bike, that's why I sold it WTF

Seller was asked to take it back but they wouldn't so now I'm stuck with a $750 bit of kit that's totally useless to me

I wouldn't do this to fellow trannies and I do not expect that to be done to me as a regular to this site

So always beware ( it is still the Internet and you may get stooged)

I have sold and bought many other things in tri trade all with great results

Cheers

Ip

" I found a bike on here for a mate once. Was advertized as one size and when it arrived it was a size smaller. Had to pay freight interstate to get it here but it was totally useless to us once it arrived.

In this case the seller was one of those Tri Trade only trannies."

Speedy steve understand the hole picture I told your mate the bike was to small for him and it had 165 cranks and the size.

He was insistant that a third part said it was fine for him. I have texts of this as well if you want to see more detail. So before you slander anyone on a forum on things and conversations on a sale you where not privy to dont post. I can also go into detail and show you texts from your mate and how I was treated when by his suprise the bike didnt fit after he was told it wouldnt.Against advice I took the bike back as I felt bad for your mate. If he got out of it for $100 he should think himself lucky that it was an honest person and not a prick that sold him the bike. I might bill you or him for all the missing parts from the bike.when it was sent back as well as the crushed forks due to not being packed properly. So before you think of posting anything like this again maybe understand the complete picture.

Quick I have nothing to hide and no shame in this dealing so pull your head in.

As your proceeding post indicated It was an misunderstanding on what I had advertised

I have bought and sold hundreds of bike, wheels etc over the years. Sold a 12 week old colnago cx1 recently with full SRAM red for 2700. The bike had honestly done less than 500km. The buyer got upset cause he found the putty under the bb for the quarq magnet and wanted his money back. fFS it was a 6k bike like new. There are as many bad buyers as sellers out there IMO.

• Like 1

" I found a bike on here for a mate once. Was advertized as one size and when it arrived it was a size smaller. Had to pay freight interstate to get it here but it was totally useless to us once it arrived.

In this case the seller was one of those Tri Trade only trannies."

Speedy steve understand the hole picture I told your mate the bike was to small for him and it had 165 cranks and the size.

He was insistant that a third part said it was fine for him. I have texts of this as well if you want to see more detail. So before you slander anyone on a forum on things and conversations on a sale you where not privy to dont post. I can also go into detail and show you texts from your mate and how I was treated when by his suprise the bike didnt fit after he was told it wouldnt.Against advice I took the bike back as I felt bad for your mate. If he got out of it for $100 he should think himself lucky that it was an honest person and not a prick that sold him the bike. I might bill you or him for all the missing parts from the bike.when it was sent back as well as the crushed forks due to not being packed properly. So before you think of posting anything like this again maybe understand the complete picture.

Quick I have nothing to hide and no shame in this dealing so pull your head in.

As your proceeding post indicated It was an misunderstanding on what I had advertised

Hold on a minute Sister :smile1:

I didn't name anyone

I think you may have just slandered yourself.

BTW we bought the size you advertized elsewhere and it fits great. Thought you might like to know.

Hi

Thankyou for your comments

As I clearly stated in my response the bike frame had a crack near the bottom bracket and was not safe. I did not see this crack until I started to pack the bike for shipping.

I provided a fully and immediate refund via PayPal. At no stage did you ever lose any money.

As you may have noticed I have sold over 70 items and have had positive feedback for all these sale becuase I always aim to sell items that are safe and as described in my add.

Have a wonderful day.

RR

Road Runner you have not addressed the claim that you sold the same bike on Gumtree. Ignoring that will do nothing to enhance your reputation.

Edited by Mjainoz

Nor did you answer any of my emails or provide the pictures I requested. You also hung up on me when I called you. I didn't loose money but you had my cash for a few weeks while you were 'delayed with work' and I later saw that the bike was listed on gumtree starting on the same day the eBay auction finished. As a buyer you have not treated me well, that is my issue.

Hi All

Thanks for your comments.

Just to clairfy, after checking my PayPal account funds were recieved on the Monday and a refund issued from my PayPal account within 7 days not a number of weeks.

I have often placed adds on the site for a number of years and never had any negative feedback.

My ebay record (until this transaction) has been 100% positive.

After showing my bike to Carbonworks it was going to cost over $350 to repair (which is almost half the bikes value). As such I havn't sold the bike because it is faulty and not safe.

I dont recall getting lots of phone calls or any message on my mobile phone about the issue.

My historical record until now has been excellent. It jusy as shame after providing a response, advsing of the issue and not sending you a faulty frame I now have negative feedback on my profile.

I've just sold two pairs of bike shoes via this forum. Ask the buyer if he is happy. I clearly showed any defects, cracks and scratches so everybody could see what they were buying.

Have a nice day.

RR

• Like 1

Road Runner you have not addressed the claim that you sold the same bike on Gumtree. Ignoring that will do nothing to enhance your reputation.

? beep beep ??

Or a photo being googled

I've got a photo of a cracked Kota kalibur if Mr BEEP BEEP wants one

PM me and send me $100 and I've pass it on

Gotta be cheaper than smashing a great bike to get out of a sticky situation

Cheers

Ip