Sign in to follow this  
rohan

Two BAYS TRAIL RUN (10th Edition) 28KM/56KM (VIC) Jan 12th 2014

January 12th 2014

Two Bays Trail Run

DISTANCES: 28km & 56km

TIME: 7am for 28km 7:10am for 56km

Who'dathunkit? 2014 brings up the 10th Two Bays Trail Run. (Or the fourth official one with all permits). Great holiday vibe and excellent course between Dromana on the Port Phillip Bay side and Cape Schanck on the Bass Strait side. That's a 28km crossing (or 56km double crossing) of the Mornington Peninsula… and not at the skinny bit! A little hill followed by bushland, rural and coastal views, topped off by enthusiastic helpers and the best course marking in the trail running universe.

Entries probably open on July 12th... but don't hold us to that.

Edited by rohan
  • Like 2

If there's any other Trannies that are keen on doing this event then now's the time to get your entries in (there were 900 entrants as of the 23rd November).

Congrats on the website and race info Rohan. It sounds like a really good fun but challenging event. Nice shirts, and a great finishers medal.

I especially like the fact that you can enter either the 28 or 56km event, and then swap events later if you need to.

I've been wanting to do this event for a while now, and after reading about it on your website I have decided that this is the year!

Only doing the 28k but am really looking forward to it :smile1:.

Yes over 900.

Join the facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/146129888792978

It tends to be most up to date with course conditions, banter, logistics.

There's a few trannies / lapsed trannies in the entrant pool.

Changing between events, while possible, it's nicest if you can get that sorted as early as possible.

And it's not "only" the 28 if you smash it out.

Edited by rohan

Thanks Rohan.

I have no intentions of swapping events, I just like the fact that you give people the option if the need arises.

Although I won't have any problems covering the 28km's, I don't exactly think I'll be 'smashing it' :smile1:.

(Also - PM sent on another matter).

Edited by Go Easy

TWO BAYS TRAIL RUN NOW FULL.

Two Bays Trail Run has a cap of 1000 entrants for the 2014 event.
All available entrant spaces have been taken.

Normally there are some withdrawals from existing entrants.
In the spirit of allowing as many runners as possible to participate in the event there will be a Second Chance entry process in place to allow available places to be filled.
This is not a waitlist service.
If you are interested in being notified of a Second Chance Entry, please e-mail info@twobaystrailrun.com with Second Chance Entry in the subject line.
E-mails will not be replied to to confirm receipt, read receipt confirmations will be accepted if included.
Those seeking to participate in the Second Chance Entry are advised to read, understand and accept the terms and conditions of this offer.

SECOND CHANCE ENTRY CONDITIONS

The terms and conditions of the Second Chance Entries are as follows:
1. Entries will be open on specified dates (advised via e-mail as they become available), they will remain open until we have received all available entries on a first in first secured basis.

2. Only entries that meet the qualifications below will be accepted for entry, there is no flexibility or correspondence, IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE STANDARDS, DO NOT ENTER. If you enter and your entry is not accepted you will have your entry refunded less a $15- processing fee.

Two Bays Trail Run 2012 and 2013, within 4hrs for 28km or 8hrs for 56km
a Half Marathon in 2013 completed under 2h15m for 28km or Marathon under 4h45m for 56km
Trail Run of 20km or more finishing in first 80% of the field for 28km, or 35km or more for 56km finishing in first 70% of field.

3. Second Chance entries are not a waitlist service, this is the method used to allow all available places in the event to be filled for event day. Only those that have expressed interest in entering the event after entries closed will be offered the opportunity to fill a Second Chance entry spot. If not all available spots are filled Big Long Run Pty Ltd reserves the right to offer the available places via open communication via social media, e-mail, online board or any other method deemed available to attract entrants.

Fantastic event Rohan, well done!

There was 18 of us on the bus that made the 7 hour trip each way to have a crack at this event, and it was well worth it.

It was great weather for a really well marked trail run over a fantastic course in a beautiful part of the world. Friendly and helpful volunteers, a superb young race caller, and one of the best post race massages I've ever had. I reckon you guys pretty much nailed it!

PS - It was great catching up with a couple of other trannies there as well - I don't get out much anymore!

Another great race Rohan ! I loved it second tiem round even though I suffered badly on the last 5k.

Congrats to CEM who won the 29k males race. Also, Campbells brother who came third in the 56k race.

Any trannies who have thought about doing this run should get down here next year. The trail is fantastic and its a great challenge.

• Like 1

And TheAntiSport did a big day out organising people and infrastructure through the Rosebud street section. Thankyou!!

• Like 2