Rog

Australia Ironman - Official race day thread with athlete tracker link

I would be thinking if challenge Forster goes ahead wtc might show this race a bit more live with Kona slots

A lot of toss are doing cairns this year. If you can get the 76 ? Port mc locals on board, would be awesome......

I have a genius double header idea for next year for team toss, but have to get two tri clubs on board first, if I can pull it off, it will be good.

Sorry OL but I couldn't resist grabbing that line from you.....obviously a TOSS'er and if you do pull it off it will be good. Mate...it is always good isn't it? :smartarse: I am a local Port guy and not a club member (Miners knows who I am)....and we may have had more locals racing but I know not all are members.

Sorry Miners but at this stage I don't see the benefit to me.....and I certainly am not wearing the current outfit. I'd pay good money for a good one and go for TOSS or PIS before Port's.

Sorry OL but I couldn't resist grabbing that line from you.....obviously a TOSS'er and if you do pull it off it will be good. Mate...it is always good isn't it? :smartarse: I am a local Port guy and not a club member (Miners knows who I am)....and we may have had more locals racing but I know not all are members.

Sorry Miners but at this stage I don't see the benefit to me.....and I certainly am not wearing the current outfit. I'd pay good money for a good one and go for TOSS or PIS before Port's.

Oh yeah mate - totally understand. The local Club thing is a very different type of social racing and different environment to the IM scene. We know it's not for everyone. Some of my closest local tri mates are not Club members too. It's just great to see so many locals out there racing, no matter whether they're in the Club or not.

Congrats on your own time on Sunday by the way!

Was that the IM Asia Pacific CEO congratulating people at the finish line around the 13-14hr mark?

Someone in a green hat (I think)? He came up and shook my hand and said congratulations (just after the 12hr mark) - it took a while for the brain to register that he wasn't in a volunteer shirt and was probably someone important.

As a 'loner' it was great to see such large clubs with all their support - and supporting us loners as well and not just their club members, really fantastic, and contributed to an awesome atmosphere.

That was him TenPints, I remember the green hat now!!

I second that about the support out there. I was running along thinking to myself that there's no way I'd still be out there shouting at competitors after that long :shy:

not a scoop. Just what I was hearing. people change their minds.

I hear IP is going to enter Melbourne in the next few years.

Mate that would be a scoop :-)

LOL

Cheers

Ip