AP

Who is using a power meter to pace Port Mac

I weigh 76kg. Shit roads at port are reflective of average speed. Look across the board not many rode sub 5.15

Rebel your IF and TSS don't make sense(an IF of 1.3 for over 5 hours is not possible), have you got your FTP set in whatever tool is calculating your IF?

Also, I weigh 77kg, and did 5:14 with 215ap/234np to your 254ap/265np... Have you been fitted to your bike in an aero position? Clearly it is a powerful one... Were you wearing a parachute?

Lostkiwi

Was 81kg at pm and 78 at nz. Suspect Im not very aero. Had a bike fit done between the 2 but broke aero bar arm rest at 120km so had to sit up from there. Held same power on first and third 45km into breeze but speed dropped by 3km/hr - wind? Less people? Less aero? Or dodgy power meter?

But shouldn't my AP & NP be accurate?

I didn't calibrate on race day but do before all rides bar races when it's in T1

Yeah it seems accurate compared to your ride before the race too. Just seems you use a lot of watts is all. Maybe your not as aero as you could be?

Something like having your head in the position on the left in the image below instead of the position on the right could save several minutes over an IM bike leg. Plus the ninja on the left looks far more menacing with his angry eyes...

img139.jpg

Lostkiwi

Was 81kg at pm and 78 at nz. Suspect Im not very aero. Had a bike fit done between the 2 but broke aero bar arm rest at 120km so had to sit up from there. Held same power on first and third 45km into breeze but speed dropped by 3km/hr - wind? Less people? Less aero? Or dodgy power meter?

Could be any of the above. Just hope that its not the power meter.

I raced about the same weight as you at IMNZ, did 5.09 and from memory NP was 219, so maybe it's worth trying to make yourself more slippery? Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge might comment.

Lots of data here but would be more interested in correlation with heart rate, power and how well you ran off bike.

I.e peepee's ride looks great, heart rate right in the ball park, should have had a good run right?

Edited by bozza

I.e peepee's ride looks great, heart rate right in the ball park, should have had a good run right?

Nah, blew a calf 2 weeks out so never got to finish what was always going to be a fairly small run training component.

Ran 5 min kms for 17-18km feeling quite good and then struggled from there.

Better than no run at all but nothing special - 4:05 in the end.