kanga

IMWA/Busso logistics, accom, cars etc etc

Heading over for Busso with a mate and our respective other halves, and looking at the logistics. All the cheap accommodation has long gone, but we've found a house in fairly close, albeit at the appropriate daily rate. Looks like there are limited flights from Perth to Busso, so although we wont need a car for the race weekend, we might have to hire a car and drive down, although four adults, two bikes, and a baby will need decent size car. Any sage advice from Trannies that have been there done that ? Thanks!

It's a pretty easy drive down but I'd suggest you get there Wed/Thu at the latest to give yourself some time to put your feet up before the race.

On the way back, book a flight for mid-late afternoon so you don't have to wake up really early to drive back to Perth. You'll be tired, grumpy, last thing you want to do is wake up early, rushing around, sitting in a car for 2-3 hours.

Look into hiring a van sized car (this is what we did last year) but sometimes having two small cars works out cheaper.

• Like 1

I travelled alone but hired a ute instead of a car - just sat the bike box in the back and it was great. Maybe consider a van of some type if you only want one car. It's a pretty easy drive.

bugger - scooped by rog...

Edited by trinube

We hired a car as well, but only 2 of us.

Allow plenty of time for the car rental line at the airport - slow as a wet week.

Book a car now.

I didn't & could only get a Toyota Corolla for two adults, 1 x teenager & one kid + bike box.

Luckily some random tri-geek at the airport took my bike down for me.

Grab a car! It makes life so much easier in and around Busselton. Also gives you a chance to explore the local area in the days leading up to the race. Margaret River and the local wineries a must.

Thanks guys, just did Port Mac on the weekend, so now thinking about Busso again. We've got the house booked, so it's flights to Perth and local logistics now, and seems a car/van is the way to go. Like the idea of the camper, might try that for Port again next year. Can get a good rate through work with Hertz, so will check them out. By the time we get there, do the business and the beer mile, figure we'll be there for a week.