Go Easy

City to Surf - Sydney

Just a reminder that the Sun-Herald City to Surf is on in Sydney on Sunday 11th August 2013.

Early entries close this coming Thursday 11th April 2013.

($65 if you pick up your gear, or $70 if they mail it out)

http://www.city2surf.com.au/

You'll still be able to enter later, but keep in mind that certain groups fill up earlier than others.

This is a great run regardless of your ability and well worth doing for the experience.

Might see some of you there!

Just a reminder that the Sun-Herald City to Surf is on in Sydney on Sunday 11th August 2013.

Early entries close this coming Thursday 11th April 2013.

($65 if you pick up your gear, or $70 if they mail it out)

http://www.city2surf.com.au/

You'll still be able to enter later, but keep in mind that certain groups fill up earlier than others.

This is a great run regardless of your ability and well worth doing for the experience.

Might see some of you there!

Still undecided on whether to enter. Are you heading up on the Road Runners bus?

Still undecided on whether to enter. Are you heading up on the Road Runners bus?

That's the plan... we've had a great time the last 3 or 4 years we've been down.

Had a 'preferred' start in the race for the past 3 years, so it's been fairly handy to get a good spot near one of the fireplaces at the Bondi Hotel before the crowd gets there... might be a different story this year.

I'm hoping work will enter us again this year and save myself a rego fee. If not I will still sign up anyway, I'm eager to see how much I can improve from last year.

That's the plan... we've had a great time the last 3 or 4 years we've been down.

Had a 'preferred' start in the race for the past 3 years, so it's been fairly handy to get a good spot near one of the fireplaces at the Bondi Hotel before the crowd gets there... might be a different story this year.

Good to meet you there last year and im a definate starter this year and in the prefered group, are you not in the preferred this year?

Already in. This is the race that started all this nonsense in 2008. It would be nice to do it without battling dodgy legs for a change.

• Like 1

Good to meet you there last year and im a definate starter this year and in the prefered group, are you not in the preferred this year?

Nah, if you remember I was injured last year and only did around 56:40 (or something like that). Not that it matters as I had my hip surgery last week so probably won't be moving all that well by August anyway.

Yeah, it was great meeting you at the start last year. You had a sweet run in those windy conditions so deserve your spot in the preferred start this year. It's a nice feeling being able to rock up just before the start and do your warm-up in front of the start line. This year I'll be joining the masses in the Red group. Not that it matters, it's a great event no matter where you start.

Edited by Go Easy

I don't think the red group is too bad, once the rope is dropped they are in with the preferred runners anyway. im also entered in preferred already and will be racing for that all important first beer at the bondi hotel and securing the spot beside the fire.

I'm unsure about this year. Mr T's work pays as their annual staff and family thing.

It's a bit close to Worlds to want to take injury risks and I'm not sure the body needs to train for 14k as well as a specific Oly focus.

If I do, it will be green group for me and master tortoise.

I'm in. First time was last year, hope to go quicker this year by eliminating the multi portaloo stops!

Beer at the end sounds nice - mind if I join you? Speaking of beer, there's a good craft beer place near Moore Park if anyone fancies a sly one after rego...

Beer at the end sounds nice - mind if I join you?

It'd be good to meet a few people off here. Happy to arange a meet up and beer at the hotel if others are keen?

Bondi Hotel is definitely the go after the event, I'll be there regardless so drop in and say G'day!

As far as pre race, then I'm happy with whatever... probably sort it closer to the event.

Am in with my son - always fun running with 80,000 people.

Snap, I did my 1st City to Surf when I was 12,.now that he is 12 he wants to do it too. I'm sure he just wants to show me he can beat all my times.

Already in. This is the race that started all this nonsense in 2008. It would be nice to do it without battling dodgy legs for a change.

Me too!

Also in

Three weeks from today...

Goal Time is 70 mins (to guarantee a Red Start in 2015)

But expect to be closer to 80 minutes.

Back for 2nd go at breaking 60min. Previous attempt brought undone by Sat night bevvies, will save them til Sunday arvo this time.

I'm in for my 9th one. Didn't do it last year due to a torn hammi so aiming to reclaim a red ticket for next year. I normally dont like crowds, but this is my annual exception. I love it.

So after not running since Mooloolaba I'm back, and building up with consistant running (slow) most days a week. Started with 2-3km and now up to alternating days of 5/7km. Will actually be lining up but more than likely runing with a friend or my wife. Can't wait, this is a great event.

Edited by RunBrettRun

Can't wait, this is a great event.

I'm with you Brett and really looking forward to it. Not so sure I'll be able to run the full 14k's, but will enjoy the walk anyway.

Since we'll be in Sydney for the weekend I've a few mates going to an NRL game on Saturday evening, and a heap of other mates going to watch the Swans beat Collingwood. I'm not sure which one I'm going to yet, but it's shaping up to be a late night either way.

Looking forward to catching up with a few others from here at the Bondi Hotel straight after the race.

(And maybe even Saturday afternoon if others are keen).

Doing with my son. He will probably beat me this year. Thank god for Corporate tents at the finish line (see you there Steve).

FM

Flying up Friday, have to pick up bib from expo becuase I forgot to tick the postage box.....

This will be my 1st since 1987 or so and also bringing my son up to run his 1st ever.

Slacker,

I have to go anyway - the offers there if you want me to pick them up for you - but I guess if your flight is booked, it's too late.

Picking up race pack on Thursday around 1pm and then meeting FatPom at the Taphouse for a beer, all welcome.

What time is beer-o-clock? I might be able to squeeze in a minor diversionary activity minus the beer. Gotta be back in Epping by 3pm.

I was planning to hit the expo at around midday, quick shifty at the gear, and then head to pub. I'm guessing I'll arrive between 1230 and 1300Hrs and leave in time to get home for my 2000Hrs conference call...or maybe a bit before, so I'm home before wifey and she doesn't take body parts as a "late payment"!

Map

47:31...after an 8km Aths Vic cross-country race in Gippsland on Saturday. Legs are trashed today...

Nice time! Not surprised your legs are shot. Did you cool them off in the surf afterwards? Water must have been cold as I was expecting heaps more people to be in out there.

Cracking time CEM, I jogged it with my wife this year, tried to get her in under 70min but she crossed the line in 71:02 which is still a 4minute pb for her. Was a fun morning out once again. Favourite run of the year.

Btw it's amazing how much stuff you see when you're not racing it, I have never seen the cemetary or the golf course. Also the view is spectacular once you're on top of the hill.

Edited by RunBrettRun
  • Like 2

I was sitting with my son, Highwayman and his daughter with my sunnies on in the corp section looking out on crystal clear water, eating a chicken kebab, salad and gatorade. Beautiful day. I didn't have a beer (60 km trip home by train). Could have stayed there all day.

Pedestrian @ 96 mins but a cracker of a day.

FM

BTW, great time Cam.

fantastic day conditions and space in the red group time wasn't great but can't complain with 72mins.

Highlight of the day however was jogging back to join my daughter and sister walking in the yellow group to the finish

Hope everyone have a great day

cheers

Tritragic

Congrat's Cam. That's in the top 50 Overall, and an Age Group Podium for those that are wondering.

Thanks...but a reality check is the 40+ age group winner running sub-45 min!!

Amazing event. My second time (2006 48:37) and love that it isn't an easy course - a great road running course. A mate and I jogged back along the early parts of the course where the runners were footpath to footpath wide, with all kinds of people in it. It's kind of what the Melbourne Cup is for runners - serious for the serious folks, but a carnival for others.

Incredible time CEM, much respect for that!

PB for me by 06:32 at 71:41 - with a rolling finish as I stopped my watch and missed the raised timing strips! Would have loved to have broken 70, but it was just out of reach, so Green group again next year - gave it everything I had trying, including three retches on the hill trying to keep my pace up, so can't be too disappointed.

Had a few beers at Hotel Bondi afterwards, kept my eye open for Trannies hats, but didn't see anyone.