http://durianrider.com/

Someone sent me this link and recommended having a look. Anyone know what's the go with this guy?

I kinda like his message and what he's about and I reckon he knows his stuff when it comes to riding and nutrition.

I think he's a real laugh but I guess he'd get up the nose of a few people though?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd suggest not posting up his videos or watching them. It only drives traffic which is currency/oxygen in the world of social media.

Someone should organise a pack ride to go past there and put 40 odd riders above him on the segment😂

Posted Images

http://durianrider.com/

Someone sent me this link and recommended having a look. Anyone know what's the go with this guy?

I kinda like his message and what he's about and I reckon he knows his stuff when it comes to riding and nutrition.

I think he's a real laugh but I guess he'd get up the nose of a few people though?

Oh boy.

Go to cyclingnews.com - read his stuff on the forum.

Likes to post pictures of his girlfriend.

Interesting guy...!

i have run against him a fair bit down at kirra parkrun, nice guy, very informative and passionate and loves to win, i think he does around high 16's over 5km. i get that he could be a bit much to some people though, but think he means well.

I know a couple of vegans. Man, are they passionate! Posting stuff on facebook about how we should all go vegan or we're going to hell or killing the planet or something.

I never put stuff up on facebook about how we should all eat meat. Well except for a couple of weeks ago when it was Steak & BJ Day. :shy:

Vegans are fckd up man. Especially the ones who fo it for no purpose other than to be vegan (no medicsl/specific dietary reason). I find them to be the really annoying loons who crap on about all the stuff Harry Homeopathy down at the local Mrs Flanders or whatever it is has espoused with all the authority of a kindegarden teacher.

I ususlly find the majority of their "knowledge", "beliefs" and "understandings" to be, in general, highly uneducated, ill-informed and crazily myopic in nature.

Vegans are fckd up man. Especially the ones who fo it for no purpose other than to be vegan (no medicsl/specific dietary reason). I find them to be the really annoying loons who crap on about all the stuff Harry Homeopathy down at the local Mrs Flanders or whatever it is has espoused with all the authority of a kindegarden teacher.

I ususlly find the majority of their "knowledge", "beliefs" and "understandings" to be, in general, highly uneducated, ill-informed and crazily myopic in nature.

Speaking of Homeopathy, have a look at James Randi's critique on youtube... :)

Was pretty funny when he was calling a few out for cheating and loading up manual entries on a recent Strava challenge... He claimed victory on a you -tube video.

Can definitely ride but does seem a bit rabid about the "Vegan" thing...carb the Fck up !!!

Was pretty funny when he was calling a few out for cheating and loading up manual entries on a recent Strava challenge... He claimed victory on a you -tube video.

Can definitely ride but does seem a bit rabid about the "Vegan" thing...carb the Fck up !!!

He eats heaps of carbs by the looks of things. Doesn't like animal fats/proteins.

• 6 years later...

Yep he’s full of shit. 

@Peter next time you’re in Adelaide I’ll take u on my Sat bunch ride so u can chat with some of the guys who have had issues with him. 

I’m surprised he hasn’t been attacked sooner. I know one of my mates would love to catch up with him. 

34 minutes ago, Peter said:

Summary?  He made it up?

Skip to the last page if you can't be bothered reading the whole thing (even though it's not that long)

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, The Customer said:

His ex-girlfriend has busted him for taking KOMs on an ebike... piece of filth! 😫

durian.jpg

This so funny. My mate is taking his KOM. Durian then sends him abusive messages 

My mate said “let’s meet up to discuss “ 

no reply 

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

This so funny. My mate is taking his KOM. Durian then sends him abusive messages 

My mate said “let’s meet up to discuss “ 

no reply 

Koms are serious business.. 

Yeah I'm glad he got whacked. 

But knowing him.... It was probably ANOTHER organised shit storm to generate social media traffic for himself and anyone else who comments/shares the content. He's that fruity(pardon the pun) that he'd friggin do that. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

But knowing him.... It was probably ANOTHER organised shit storm to generate social media traffic for himself and anyone else who comments/shares the content. He's that fruity(pardon the pun) that he'd friggin do that. 

Yep

2 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

That would be shit if he'd done that, but I wouldn't put it past him.

28 minutes ago, Alex Simmons said:

I'd suggest not posting up his videos or watching them. It only drives traffic which is currency/oxygen in the world of social media.

Agree. And stuffs up your feed with then algorithm 

Geez its a good thing I don't troll, I would come out with much nastier stuff than saying someone had a dad bod! But I used to play cricket and spent a lot of time in the slips...subtlety has no place!

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Perfect example of Durianrider being a dick. Tipping he’s reading this thread. I don’t follow him on social. Then today he starts trying to troll me.

Tipping he’s cut my mates are taking his KOMs.

B52E77CC-526B-43B5-9925-A44FB89A28A1.png

So he's saying that, 2 days after supposedly being hospitalised from an assault or was this before?

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

After. He commented this morning. 
I title a lot of my pics #dadbod

yup so that video is probably fake. I would imagine someone who had been seriously assaulted would have better things to do than troll online.... Was he just having a laugh or was he being a nasty f**cker?

2 hours ago, zed said:

yup so that video is probably fake. I would imagine someone who had been seriously assaulted would have better things to do than troll online.... Was he just having a laugh or was he being a nasty f**cker?

He’s a nasty f....

32 minutes ago, zed said:

What a f**king chump. The guy sounds like he has some kind of personality disorder

21 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

He did mention a brain injury in court.

Standard for a South Australian.  

• Haha 1