Sign in to follow this  
Steno

Minoura rda850d rim drive trainer

Hi Guys,

Selling this.

Minoura.jpg

Is rim drive so works on most bikes including mountain bikes. Has a remote thingy to add tension.

Don't think it has ever been used. Was a present to my wife a couple of years ago from a friend.

Can't seem to find them online at the normal "cheaper" places. Seen for $300 plus at a few places.

Will sell for $125 pickup and will throw in the below riser

Riser.jpg

Cheers,

Steno

Hey Steno, am interested but will have to talk to the boss. She is getting a little tired of my purchases :shy:

This is not going to be a great answer...

Based in melbourne per what it says my location is

As the post says, never used it so no idea how noisy it is. I think rim are meant to be quieter?

So why did you start that thread asking for advice about what indoor trainer you should buy when you didn't even bother trying this brand new one out?

I've got a Minoura rim drive. They collect dust just like all the others do.

http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?showtopic=59238&hl=&fromsearch=1

Can't work out if you are accusing him of it not being 'new' or if you are just being your pedantic self? It's hardly of the quality of the trainer Steno was after in the thread you went to an effort to find.

Strange post. He is selling the bloody thing for 75 bucks, why do you care?

I'm just waiting for him to sell the more expensive one that he bought, for 75 bucks. I would never accuse Steno of selling used goods :lol:

I can confirm that the trainer has not been used. The thread referenced is in regards to a Fluid2 trainer that is not for sale.

Thanks for quoting the post Lost Kiwi, I have had The Customer on ignore for a year or so and wouldn't have seen the post.

If someone has over 250 posts and thinks this trainer will help out their winter training, you can have it for a bottle of Red.

Edited by Steno
  • Like 1

Is it quiet?

I've got the same one at home. Haven't had any other trainers to compare against however I think it is very reasonable. I find the treadmill is louder than my bike on this same trainer as a comparison

TC: Am guessing the 250 is to give it away to a trannie who hasn't just lobbed in to pick up a freebie

Steno - always a gentleman :)

I've got the same one at home. Haven't had any other trainers to compare against however I think it is very reasonable. I find the treadmill is louder than my bike on this same trainer as a comparison

TC: Am guessing the 250 is to give it away to a trannie who hasn't just lobbed in to pick up a freebie

I would love to buy it, currently have this trainer and it's so loud it sounds like a freight train running through the house. The neighbors are going mad, and I feel really bad using it.

http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Bikes-and-Accessories/Indoor-Cycling-Trainer

5 weeks out from first half ironman and I've got a list of things to buy as long as my leg so need to prioritise. Flights an hotel would be a good start!

You won't be unhappy with this trainer. A I said I have one and it is so much more quiet that the air resistance ones and even the fluid ones as you don't have the tyre making noise or wearing out. I guess if you want something to simulate the road you had better get a $3k system or just ride on the road

This is not going to be a great answer...

Based in melbourne per what it says my location is

As the post says, never used it so no idea how noisy it is. I think rim are meant to be quieter?

Where in Melbourne are you based?

Sooo, Steno is trying to give away a free brand new trainer and he is copping shit???

Wow!!!

Some things I just dont get!

Good onya Steno.

Where in Melbourne are you based?

Based out in Eastern suburbs during working hours. Live inner South East. Run in the city on Tues/Thurs nights.

Sign in to follow this