Jump to content
Rocket Salad

The Politics Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

lol

Attempted justification of name calling and argument from authority, but no attempt at intellectually honest rebuttal

Imagine my surprise

 

He was disowned by everyone in his own party for his MH17 comments from the PM down.

His pronouncements on anything to do with climate and energy policy is horrendously biased and demonstrably erroneous. 

He described himself as a dumb ex front rower at my kids primary school and I see nothing in his behaviour since to challenge his own self assessment. I read an article quoting a liberal source describing him as a “bit of a dolt”. 

I didn’t make up his quotes. His party is abandoning him because he and his factional mates are destroying the coalition. Come up with all the logical fallacies you want to throw at me, in my opinion he’s not a fit local member and my name calling is accurate. Right wing fruit bat fits him to a tee.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You smell that? Do you smell that? Leadershit, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Leadershit in the morning. You know, one time we held a party room meeeting, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked in. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' moderate. The smell, you know that Leadershit smell, the whole hill. Smelled like . . . victory. Someday this Leadershit’s gonna end.

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

 

Gosh, don't those Liberals in that video look silly.  I had no idea that they actually carry on like that

I'm starting to think that a 45% RET and open borders might actually be the way to go now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to listen to Barry Cassidy this morning.  Seems to think both major parties are more interested in tactics in Parliament than actually getting things done.

Also posed an interesting theory that's going around.  Things stalled enough for lnp to hold off a possible losing vote on Naru.  And if they don't think opinions (as in Parliament, not public) have changed by next year could call an election for March to avoid the risk of losing in Parliament, but then they also lose the chance to reveal their budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what purpose question time serves at all, it's been a useless distraction for decades

Surely there is a more productive use of an hour and a half each day than Labor saying the Liberals are shit, and the Liberals saying that Labor have been and will be shitter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree!  It's an embarrassment to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing will be done about it thoiugh, because if either side proposed to get rid of it the other side would accuse them of trying to avoid scrutiny, or some such shit

Such is the contemporary discourse

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The election platform of NATIONAL SECURITY!!!! has been firmly established.

I hope people are smart enough to see through it this time.

 

PS the AA Bill is a total schmozzle and Labor are weak as piss for caving on the last day.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2018 at 8:38 PM, Mike Del said:

I’m wondering what are the obscured books on his coffee table. 

Perhaps this one. Hope he didn’t pay as much as me, I felt a little ripped off 😒

F1FD126A-FEA4-461B-86AA-3C8ACC64176A.png

This one was far more entertaining - and holds its value better....

2wg68hd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

lol

Did Nikki Savva declare her conflict of interest in the preface?

Not sure but I think what when she was a little girl she had a beloved puppy that was run over and killed by a driver named "Tony" or she was emotionally scarred at a young age by a sadistic primary school teacher named "Peta" - not that you would get that from reading her book or anything..... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't blame Labor.  If they get in, there's only one (or two technically) party to blame for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost,"

These were the words of Andrew Broad when Barnaby's affair hit the headlines. I wonder how he's feeling about them now?

 

And I just heard on the news tonight his leader Michael McCormack say that he was first told about Broad's time with "Sweet Sophia Rose" 2 weeks ago, and advised Broad to go to the Federal Police. the Fed's have just released their statement to say that this actually happened 5 weeks ago. Why is McCormack trying to hide the timing of when he found out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I suppose they have the "United" over the coalition.

yep, I think it will teach them a lesson. they may have to even keep scomo for the term as opposition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goughy said:

Don't blame Labor.  If they get in, there's only one (or two technically) party to blame for that!

I blame Rudd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see what the libs do with the surplus.  They could really splash out to tempt voters. I predict big tax cuts,  strategic dollars to infrastructure, (particularly in Qld),  more for pensioners..... .   etc.         It won't get them in, but we can all enjoy watching this surplus disappear into the never never over the next three years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I continually find it unfathomable that pollies that have stuff to hide open their mouths about subjects so visibly?  Sometimes you should just keep your mouths shut about certain subjects lest it come back and bite you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Prince said:

It will be interesting to see what the libs do with the surplus.  They could really splash out to tempt voters. I predict big tax cuts,  strategic dollars to infrastructure, (particularly in Qld),  more for pensioners..... .   etc.         It won't get them in, but we can all enjoy watching this surplus disappear into the never never over the next three years. 

Surplus?

They are yet to deliver one, and still won't. How many times have they said "we'll have a surplus in 1 year or 2 years", and it never happens. By saying it'll happen next year they can go to the election with no fear of having to actually deliver it, and then they can blame Labor for not delivering it.

Not saying labor would deliver one, but we're yet to see one since before the GFC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call an election for say March, and we'll never see the budget.  They're making the calls early as a "defacto" budget that they won't get to deliver if they go early, along with all the other budget stuff they're announcing now, getting the election promises out early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to Labor tightening up on various tax concessions it seems to be the only party that will fully fund its election promises without raiding the sugar hit of unexpected company tax receipts and mining royalties. 

I’m not saying either party will deliver a surplus, but only one side is serious about repairing the long term damage to the recurrent budget done by the Howard-Costello tax give aways era ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol

Labor are funding their promises with billions in new taxes

And even then they won't be able to deliver a surplus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew #1 said:

Due to Labor tightening up on various tax concessions it seems to be the only party that will fully fund its election promises without raiding the sugar hit of unexpected company tax receipts and mining royalties. 

I’m not saying either party will deliver a surplus, but only one side is serious about repairing the long term damage to the recurrent budget done by the Howard-Costello tax give aways era ...

or the Rudd handouts during the GFC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Prince said:

or the Rudd handouts during the GFC...

The ruddies (with the notable exception of the shift upwards in the way the aged pension is indexed) where wholly “one offs”, whereas Howard boobytrapped the recurrent budget with a series of ongoing and growing tax expenditure measures that were “funded” by the minining boom and not based on any ongoing revenue receipts outside the boom. 

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Shhh

That's 'different'

Because it’s actually is, you nong. “One off” verses “recurrent” ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew #1 said:

Due to Labor tightening up on various tax concessions it seems to be the only party that will fully fund its election promises without raiding the sugar hit of unexpected company tax receipts and mining royalties. 

I’m not saying either party will deliver a surplus, but only one side is serious about repairing the long term damage to the recurrent budget done by the Howard-Costello tax give aways era ...

I dunno, Labor are pretty good at giving away money-the state Labor guvnut gave away $1BILLION dollars to NOT build a tunnel. Wasn't that a great use of tax payers money....and then there was all the pinkbats and school buildings, oh and how about the cash handout everyone got to buy new TV's etc lol....amazing.

 

If they make the same mistake over and over does that make it recurrent?

Edited by more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

The ruddies (with the notable exception of the shift upwards in the way the aged pension is indexed) where wholly “one offs”, whereas Howard boobytrapped the recurrent budget with a series of ongoing and growing tax expenditure measures that were “funded” by the minining boom and not based on any ongoing revenue receipts outside the boom. 

The NDIS and Gonski are ongoing and growing tax expenditures which were introduced by Labor and not funded at all

And they have the hide to complain about the deficit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The NDIS and Gonski are ongoing and growing tax expenditures which were introduced by Labor and not funded at all

And they have the hide to complain about the deficit...

Bait and switch. A low speed, low flier. Piss poor effort mate. Others will have noticed your con - I was rebutting Prince’s shot about GFC handouts. Stop being gormless (hah, I know - a bit like complaining about the tide coming in, of course you’ll be gormless). 

Edited by Andrew #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andrew #1 said:

Bait and switch. A low speed, low flier. Piss poor effort mate. Others will have noticed your con - I was rebutting Prince’s shot about GFC handouts. Stop being gormless (hah, I know - a bit like complaining about the tide coming in, of course you’ll be gormless). 

You appear to want to disagree but are unable to formulate an argument

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, Jimbo’s “bait and switch” effort is even more stupid upon re-reading. Neither the NDIS or Gonski are “tax expenditures”. If you are going to troll, do better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You appear to want to disagree but are unable to formulate an argument

You do a good job of rebutting yourself through pig headedness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

You do a good job of rebutting yourself through pig headedness. 

I don't find your name calling to be a convincing argument

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't find your name calling to be a convincing argument

Thankfully I don’t give a flying frack what you think. You are not for turning. Your myopic hypocracy is risible.

I’m partisan. No doubt about that. But i dont think Labor is perfect. I dont know what I was thinking, seeking to engage after a couple fo year’s break. You cant stay on topic when snookered, or defend your position with integrity.

It’s a shame actually. More honesty on your part could lead to an actual worthwhile debate rather than the recycling of dross and LNP-SkyNoos talking points. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Thankfully I don’t give a flying frack what you think. You are not for turning. Your myopic hypocracy is risible.

I’m partisan. No doubt about that. But i dont think Labor is perfect. I dont know what I was thinking, seeking to engage after a couple fo year’s break. You cant stay on topic when snookered, or defend your position with integrity.

It’s a shame actually. More honesty on your part could lead to an actual worthwhile debate rather than the recycling of dross and LNP-SkyNoos talking points. 

You do realise that all of the accusations in your post could very easily be levied at yourself, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, we all know we are going to have many disagreements in this thread, and sure it's gonna get heated at times.  But can we settle just a little bit.  Not completely, but just a little?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, goughy said:

You know, we all know we are going to have many disagreements in this thread, and sure it's gonna get heated at times.  But can we settle just a little bit.  Not completely, but just a little?

He started it...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly there must be something in the sugar baby scandal.  Yesterday it breaks, and not hearing any denials yet etc, but day one he resigned his position and day two and he's not going to contest the election in his safe as seat!  If it's true ScoMo only found out about it all yesterday then he must be spewing.  Lack of communication between coalition parties.  I guess it's a case of practise what you preach.  If you're gonna take a high moral standing, even criticising others of your own party, better make sure there's nothing can bite you on the arse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, goughy said:

Clearly there must be something in the sugar baby scandal.  Yesterday it breaks, and not hearing any denials yet etc, but day one he resigned his position and day two and he's not going to contest the election in his safe as seat!  If it's true ScoMo only found out about it all yesterday then he must be spewing.  Lack of communication between coalition parties.  I guess it's a case of practise what you preach.  If you're gonna take a high moral standing, even criticising others of your own party, better make sure there's nothing can bite you on the arse!

Seems it wasn't as legit as they first made out too when he said he paid for the trip himself. 

He paid for the international component, but has just now gone back and repaid the Australian Taxpayers for the domestic component of the trip to Hong Kong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be more to come with him resigning so quickly. I bet it's not the first time he's visited that website... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -H- said:

There must be more to come with him resigning so quickly. I bet it's not the first time he's visited that website... 

Apparently there are already 3 more women making contact with National Party officials over inappropriate behavior by Broad. 

It could get interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Could have done yourself a favour and stopped posting at that point ... ;)

Wow what a zinger...U comedic talents are wasted chasing ambulances, or is it scavenging off divorces?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Apparently there are already 3 more women making contact with National Party officials over inappropriate behavior by Broad. 

It could get interesting.

For his own sake, hope one of them doesn't have the initials SH-Y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...