Rocket Salad

The Politics Thread

How's ol' Leyonhjelm going eh!  Can't repeat what SHY said (cause she never said it) but insists she did say it (though no one else, nor the microphones heard it), and now in response to MT saying he should apologise, has called MT a pussy and soft c**K for not standing up against misandry as well as misogyny!

How long has he got left?

Edited by goughy

who's going to step up and defend him or what he said?

Unrepresentative swill is a compliment for this creature . The sooner they abolish the senate and get rid of these marginal fruit bats the better.

• Like 1

Joe Hillderbrand attempted to, but then Leyonhjelm called his friend Angela Bishop a bitch so he decided the dud can just burn.

Just reading about how this moron got into the senate.  Firstly there was the party name change from LDP to the Liberal Democrat Party, with the libs objected to buy the electoral Commission allowed.  Then in the random draw for party placement on the ballot paper, they drew 1st place out of 45.  In 2007 the LDP for .19% of the vote, about 8000 Total votes.  In 2013 with the name change and priority placement on the ballot paper, they picked up 9.5% and over 400,000 votes!  So he got into the senate.

That election, the libs and nats picked up 47% of the house of reps votes available in NSW, but only 34% for the senate.  Is deemed possible that up to 1 in 5 lib/Nat voters mistakenly vote for the lib Dems in that election.

So you could say he "Bradbury'd" across the line, cept Bradbury is a top bloke who was actually good at what he did.

This guy is a dick and an example of how stupid or politics can be!

I knew how he got in there. The senate deals brokered by a former Transitions member makes a farce of our bicameral system, which helped get other imbeciles of this clown's ilk elected have made our senate a joke.

Edited by Parkside
  • Like 1

I don't even understand most of what you said, so clearly you must be right!

Edited by goughy

I won't defend Leyhonjelm but if you look at some things that SHY has said and replace the word men with Muslims there'd be an outcry. e.g. "men behave like morons and pigs". How about instead if she said "Muslims behave like morons and pigs". But she would never say something like that. 

I don't hold SHY on any pedestal either, and I'm no Greenie.  But he's turned this into a cluster **** that's not going away easy, and he's clutching at state to try and justify his comments, but he can't do that.  Because he said his comment was in response to something he believes she said at the time and it's appearing pretty clear that she didn't say it.

Aussie politics really has some clowns supposedly "representing the people".

hanson young plays the victim very well and will milk it until its dry. She loves getting sympathy and i am sick of her thrashing this in the media.  

If she was really offended, a normal human being would just go through the legal process and shut the f***k up. 

Behaviour like this in most other workplaces would mean the sack I'm sure. 

Edited by AA7
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Behaviour like this in most other workplaces would mean the sack I'm sure. 

a warning yes, sacked, no. lets not get carried away with all this political correctness rubbish. He tried to make a good point but chose incorrect words and now as i said Hanson young is making so much more of what this is. 

I picture so many people these days with a notebook in their pocket, ready to pull it out and make a report as soon as anyone steps out of place. How quickly was Bert Newton jumped on the other night? How quickly were those Alexander pyjamas withdrawn from sale the other day? we have become such a poor paranoid and nanny society and its so easy for the poor downtrodden to reach for the victim card....

anyway i digress...bad day when England wins the soccer...

17 minutes ago, Prince said:

a warning yes, sacked, no. lets not get carried away with all this political correctness rubbish. He tried to make a good point but chose incorrect words and now as i said Hanson young is making so much more of what this is. 

I picture so many people these days with a notebook in their pocket, ready to pull it out and make a report as soon as anyone steps out of place. How quickly was Bert Newton jumped on the other night? How quickly were those Alexander pyjamas withdrawn from sale the other day? we have become such a poor paranoid and nanny society and its so easy for the poor downtrodden to reach for the victim card....

anyway i digress...bad day when England wins the soccer...

Just on the Bert Newton thing....why the discrepancy in the reaction to that as opposed to the Barry Hall incident? Both jokes about sexual harrassment arent they? OK for Bert because that's just Bert.

5 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Just on the Bert Newton thing....why the discrepancy in the reaction to that as opposed to the Barry Hall incident? Both jokes about sexual harrassment arent they? OK for Bert because that's just Bert.

Thats easy.   Barry Hall described something graphic in detail and to an audience where kids would have made up a good portion of the audience, where Bert used nothing more than innuendo, which there wouldn't be many comics who dont use this as part of their act. 

Edited by Prince

Was working at the Sheraton Mirage during the Comm Games.  Malcom Turnbull arrived for a meeting and was greated with a moderate to low level of personal security.  Bill Shorten arrives and nobody gave a flying phuck.  Could have got taken out by a sniper and nobody would have cared.

I'm sure it was just that Bill's undercover guys were so good you didn't notice them :)

3 hours ago, Merv said:

Malcom Turnbull arrived for a meeting and was greated with a moderate to low level of personal security.  Bill Shorten arrives and nobody gave a flying phuck.  Could have got taken out by a sniper and nobody would have cared.

How many of Mal's guys do you think would have thrown themselves in front of a sniper's bullet to save him?

Then again, if they were as fast as his NBN, they wouldn't be quick enough anyway. :)

• Like 1

Seriously, can you imagine someone sacrificing themselves for Trump???

Same could be said for Anastasia , nobody cared about her either 😅

So what do we take away from yesterday????

Probably the bigger thing is you'd have to think BS will go to the next election as Lab leader......

The seats the Libs were after they've lost, even with swings against them!

Ain't gonna be any early election now - MT will have some work to do I guess.

Yeah Libs seemed to run pretty hard with anti Bill style campaign, but didn't appear to gain much out of it.

Hopefully the message gets through that everyone hates the robo calls and that "strategy" gets put in the bin right away.

I also hope whenever the next campaign is, it's a short as possible.

Labor won, which means Bill won, which means Labor lost.  The only way Labor was going to win was to lose.  If current Labor does win, we all lose, because we let an A grade loser win.

Shorten - the only person capable of making Tones look like a good PM - more gaffes per minute but without the ability for Albanese to tap him on the shoulder

June 2019 election date - lock it in.  Next budget is going to be very interesting as the whole coalition campaign will rest on it - no pressure ScoMo.  Labor will have no time to form effective scare campaigns will be the thinking - short sharp election that the ground work will be forming for from tomorrow

the libs needs to scale back the tax cuts. no one wants the banks perceived to be rewarded, even though its the shareholders that will do well. unfortunately it still looks like the government have ignored the royal commission so far. so, I do hope there is some smart advisors to the party.  if they drop this, and now shorten is still will be leader, they are not written off yet.  

Yes, not that I have an issue with him myself.  But BS is the best thing the lnp has going for them!

I'm not sure it really tells us much more than people being p*d off at needing to re-elect their existing choices.