Rocket Salad

The Politics Thread

13 hours ago, Prince said:

if by some chance Shorten gets in he will struggle keeping his faceless men in check. he has already sold out.

Now that sounds sooooo funny, with the Liberal Leader we have in charge at the moment.

• Like 1

It might be true, but it is friggin hilarious for a Lib supporter to use that as a negative against a leader atm.... glass houses and all :)

Just call it a rolled gold hunch 

Edited by Prince

**** I hope they don’t gerrymander Dutton and he loses his electorate. Holds it by 1.6% and Getup targeting him. 

6 minutes ago, Parkside said:

**** I hope they don’t gerrymander Dutton and he loses his electorate. Holds it by 1.6% and Getup targeting him. 

I hope they do.

Most useless piece of sh1t local member we've ever had. He doesn't even acknowledge this area of his electorate.

• Haha 1

On 19/05/2018 at 1:08 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I hope they do.

Most useless piece of sh1t local member we've ever had. He doesn't even acknowledge this area of his electorate.

But most of Brisbane don't acknowledge that area of Brisbane....he's ruling for the people.. 😉 

looks like shortpantz says are numbered....how low can his numbers go?

... but not as high as his bank balance

3 minutes ago, goughy said:

... but not as high as his bank balance

Contemporary Labor leaders do tend to marry well, don't they?

So let’s step through this mcfreaking fruitbats actions.

campaigns against gay marriage on the “family values” ticket

leaves wife and children for pregnant staffer

questions paternity of child with staffer

begs off media asking for privacy

sells interview for $150,000. Claims money going into trust for newborn child (conveniently moving income away from his top tax bracket)

Is flummoxed by reaction and addresses furore over a politician selling a story by blaming his new partner for the cash grab, throwing her under the bus for the second time at least

granted a months leave from parliament

Labor remain essentially silent due to concerns over his welfare? And grant Libs a pair (futile as Labor lost 4 to dual citizenship so Joyce vote not needed)

said to be spending time with his infant son and working on his autobiography. 

His autobiography!! FFS apart from the Deputy Mayor if Mediocretown above, who the **** is going to want to tip into this pricks retirement fund by buying anything associated with him? He really is a very dull object for supposedly the best retail politician in the country.

Why is he on leave and not been forced to resign. Coalition colleagues have all run a mile. Sack up Malcolm and get rid of the grub 

16 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Sack up Malcolm and get rid of the grub 

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought that the Parliamentary Privileges Act specifically prohibits the upper/lower houses from expelling their members - so it's not really an option for Turnbull to get rid of him, all he can do is make him a back-bencher - and of course that's complicated by the LIB/NAT thing. The house can suspend a member, but the conditions for that are very limited and specific. Should he do something to violate anything in 44/45 of the constitution (e.g. break the law) then the court can remove him. Wasn't this the problem with Craig Thompson? - until found guilty of an offence, there was nothing the house could actually do to force his resignation.

• Like 1

And in the next election, unless he doesn't stand, he will comfortably win his seat again.  I have no doubts.

Of everything he's done so far, what I personally find the worst is that he's twice blamed Vicki for things that have gone awry...... he's not a man.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, goughy said:

And in the next election, unless he doesn't stand, he will comfortably win his seat again.

I doubt he would win as an independent. It's the NATs' responsibility to ensure that's his only option, by disendorsing him and preselecting an alternative candidate.

• Like 1

They won't, hence he'd win.

11 hours ago, Parkside said:

So let’s step through this mcfreaking fruitbats actions.

campaigns against gay marriage on the “family values” ticket

leaves wife and children for pregnant staffer

questions paternity of child with staffer

begs off media asking for privacy

sells interview for $150,000. Claims money going into trust for newborn child (conveniently moving income away from his top tax bracket)

Is flummoxed by reaction and addresses furore over a politician selling a story by blaming his new partner for the cash grab, throwing her under the bus for the second time at least

granted a months leave from parliament

Labor remain essentially silent due to concerns over his welfare? And grant Libs a pair (futile as Labor lost 4 to dual citizenship so Joyce vote not needed)

said to be spending time with his infant son and working on his autobiography. 

His autobiography!! FFS apart from the Deputy Mayor if Mediocretown above, who the **** is going to want to tip into this pricks retirement fund by buying anything associated with him? He really is a very dull object for supposedly the best retail politician in the country.

Why is he on leave and not been forced to resign. Coalition colleagues have all run a mile. Sack up Malcolm and get rid of the grub 

NZer of the year

Single handedly stops Australian politic's from being functional

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goughy said:

They won't, hence he'd win.

Then they are morally bankrupt and deserve to be cast into the political wilderness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goughy said:

And in the next election, unless he doesn't stand, he will comfortably win his seat again.  I have no doubts.

Of everything he's done so far, what I personally find the worst is that he's twice blamed Vicki for things that have gone awry...... he's not a man.

Agree Goughy, the way he publicly treats her is appalling. I can only guess he acts like a spoilt brat at home as well. 

Vicki- do yourself a favour love, get out now

19 minutes ago, A2K said:

What does the term retail politician mean? 

If it's a Lib/Nat, it means they're bad people

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

Vicki- do yourself a favour love, get out now

Keep in mind, she worked as a media adviser - perhaps she has different expectations of 'normal' behavior.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

If it's a Lib/Nat, it means they're bad people

Given it’s a moniker he was happy to give himself, I would think Joyce was happy to be called a retail Polly. My understanding is that it means a skilled public relations and media operator who can read opinion and through their political skill and personal qualities sway opinion to achieve their political aim.

By his own example, if Joyce was one, he’s now the complete antithesis of a skilled retail politician.

By his own example and recent behaviour, he is a very bad person in the eyes of the vast majority of observers with at least half a brain. Has displayed character traits that should disqualify him from elected office.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Given it’s a moniker he was happy to give himself, I would think Joyce was happy to be called a retail Polly. My understanding is that it means a skilled public relations and media operator who can read opinion and through their political skill and personal qualities sway opinion to achieve their political aim.

By his own example, if Joyce was one, he’s now the complete antithesis of a skilled retail politician.

By his own example and recent behaviour, he is a very bad person in the eyes of the vast majority of observers with at least half a brain. Has displayed character traits that should disqualify him from elected office.

I'm sure you thought Julia Gillard had suitable character for elected office despite being knee deep in a fraud and having affairs with at least three married men...

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm sure you thought Julia Gillard had suitable character for elected office despite being knee deep in a fraud and having affairs with at least three married men...

Unfortunately having what most people would like to say is "suitable character for elected office" and being a "successful politician"  are usually diametrically opposed.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1

I’m not in receipt of Julia’s dirt file and was unaware of her sexual prowess. I do know she has ovaries which disqualified her from public office in the eyes of one side of politics 

• Like 3