Jump to content
Rocket Salad

The Politics Thread

Recommended Posts

It's the Labor party, so if it involves labour then at some stage some poking went on.....

Does that make any sense at all???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's frickin' hilarious!  Whenever it looks like Labor is on the ropes and being dragged through the mud, and BS send down and out, the LNP comes along and says "you guys need a break, let us take the focus off you for a while eh?"  MT and BJ to start an all out war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The coalition have taken the easy way out next week. Rather than make a decision on BJ, he will be on "personal leave" for the week that Turnbull is OS.

In the interests of clarity, best not refer to Barnaby by his initials.

I was amused when Barnaby criticised the media of "disseminating" information pertaining to his private life.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goughy said:

It's frickin' hilarious!  Whenever it looks like Labor is on the ropes and being dragged through the mud, and BS send down and out, the LNP comes along and says "you guys need a break, let us take the focus off you for a while eh?"  MT and BJ to start an all out war.

yep, its like bowling a no ball then giving them a free hit after taking a few wickets. IF BS doesn't be the preferred leader after this, he never will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I don't necessarily think he will ever be preferred PM.  But doesn't matter, takes more than a PM to run a country.  In fact, the LNP barely even have one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, goughy said:

Oh, I don't necessarily think he will ever be preferred PM.  But doesn't matter, takes more than a PM to run a country.  In fact, the LNP barely even have one!

And when has he actually been running the country?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did say "barely", in a generous soul!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Labour adopting the old adage, never interrupt while your opponents are making fools of themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hymie said:

Labour adopting the old adage, never interrupt while your opponents are making fools of themselves.

Labor are doing an impressive job being quiet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes the best thing you can do is shut your mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Christensen displaying outstanding judgement. What a disgrace that this bloke is in parliament. Politics really is a joke when you get Roberts, this bloke, Lleyonhelm in positions of power

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Parkside said:

George Christensen displaying outstanding judgement. What a diing resgrace that this bloke is in parliament. Politics really is a joke when you get Roberts, this bloke, Lleyonhelm in positions of power

Politics has never been worse, saw keneally mixing religion and politics the other day doing jokes at the nationals around lent.  Whilst it was funny,  clearly not a student of world history and the outcome of mixing religion and politics, no sitting politician should ever do that.

Just disgraceful and she's the best new talent labor has......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention Labor's preferred leader according to polls is married to a convicted drug dealer with question marks over qualifications for a number of high profile roles that he was given by former NSW labor govts.

Then you cross the aisles, and the next leader names being thrown up by the libs is Dutton - enough said.  Although with all out civil war about to erupt, perhaps a dictator is what's needed - someone with the win at all costs ala Joh style of leadership

Kind of makes you understand how Trump could get elected...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

Not to mention Labor's preferred leader according to polls is married to a convicted drug dealer with question marks over qualifications for a number of high profile roles that he was given by former NSW labor govts.

Then you cross the aisles, and the next leader names being thrown up by the libs is Dutton - enough said.  Although with all out civil war about to erupt, perhaps a dictator is what's needed - someone with the win at all costs ala Joh style of leadership

Kind of makes you understand how Trump could get elected...

 

Not disputing the history but he has survived the liberals execution of all the former govts political appointments. So he is ether real good at his job or has photo's...lol

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

it's on, Barnaby is being challenged

The Age & Herald Sun websites reporting Barnaby has called a press conference for 2.00 p.m. Strong suspicion he will pull the pin on the leadership and head to the back benches. So who will his replacement be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dude doesn't get what they wanted him to do when they made him take a weeks break instead of being acting PM? They wanted you to shut up, keep your head down and hide in your freebee apartment.  Not invite the media inside for friggin press conferences etc!  He's a friggin idiot and doesn't have the intelligence to even sit on the back bench.  Not that I haven't always thought that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hymie said:

The Age & Herald Sun websites reporting Barnaby has called a press conference for 2.00 p.m. Strong suspicion he will pull the pin on the leadership and head to the back benches. So who will his replacement be?

Someone only 1000 people in the whole country has ever heard of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The conspiracy theorist in me has this Vikki Campion as a well paid actress, employed by Johnny Depp to lure Barnaby into a relationship, then ensure it becomes public knowledge at just the right time. Maybe the free apartment has even been paid for by Johnny through a backdoor account.

Goodbye Beetrooter.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but she still would have had to have sex with Barnaby, can you put a price in that???

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The conspiracy theorist in me has this Vikki Campion as a well paid actress, employed by Johnny Depp to lure Barnaby into a relationship, then ensure it becomes public knowledge at just the right time. Maybe the free apartment has even been paid for by Johnny through a backdoor account.

Goodbye Beetrooter.

I love the smell of a conspiracy theory in the morning😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×