Rocket Salad

The Politics Thread

lol

Labor are funding their promises with billions in new taxes

And even then they won't be able to deliver a surplus

1 hour ago, Andrew #1 said:

Due to Labor tightening up on various tax concessions it seems to be the only party that will fully fund its election promises without raiding the sugar hit of unexpected company tax receipts and mining royalties. 

I’m not saying either party will deliver a surplus, but only one side is serious about repairing the long term damage to the recurrent budget done by the Howard-Costello tax give aways era ...

or the Rudd handouts during the GFC...

15 minutes ago, Prince said:

Shhh

That's 'different'

18 minutes ago, Prince said:

The ruddies (with the notable exception of the shift upwards in the way the aged pension is indexed) where wholly “one offs”, whereas Howard boobytrapped the recurrent budget with a series of ongoing and growing tax expenditure measures that were “funded” by the minining boom and not based on any ongoing revenue receipts outside the boom. 

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Shhh

That's 'different'

Because it’s actually is, you nong. “One off” verses “recurrent” ...

1 hour ago, Andrew #1 said:

Due to Labor tightening up on various tax concessions it seems to be the only party that will fully fund its election promises without raiding the sugar hit of unexpected company tax receipts and mining royalties. 

I’m not saying either party will deliver a surplus, but only one side is serious about repairing the long term damage to the recurrent budget done by the Howard-Costello tax give aways era ...

I dunno, Labor are pretty good at giving away money-the state Labor guvnut gave away $1BILLION dollars to NOT build a tunnel. Wasn't that a great use of tax payers money....and then there was all the pinkbats and school buildings, oh and how about the cash handout everyone got to buy new TV's etc lol....amazing.

If they make the same mistake over and over does that make it recurrent?

Edited by more

4 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

The ruddies (with the notable exception of the shift upwards in the way the aged pension is indexed) where wholly “one offs”, whereas Howard boobytrapped the recurrent budget with a series of ongoing and growing tax expenditure measures that were “funded” by the minining boom and not based on any ongoing revenue receipts outside the boom. 

The NDIS and Gonski are ongoing and growing tax expenditures which were introduced by Labor and not funded at all

And they have the hide to complain about the deficit...

5 minutes ago, more said:

I dunno

Could have done yourself a favour and stopped posting at that point ... ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The NDIS and Gonski are ongoing and growing tax expenditures which were introduced by Labor and not funded at all

And they have the hide to complain about the deficit...

Bait and switch. A low speed, low flier. Piss poor effort mate. Others will have noticed your con - I was rebutting Prince’s shot about GFC handouts. Stop being gormless (hah, I know - a bit like complaining about the tide coming in, of course you’ll be gormless). 

Edited by Andrew #1

1 minute ago, Andrew #1 said:

Bait and switch. A low speed, low flier. Piss poor effort mate. Others will have noticed your con - I was rebutting Prince’s shot about GFC handouts. Stop being gormless (hah, I know - a bit like complaining about the tide coming in, of course you’ll be gormless). 

You appear to want to disagree but are unable to formulate an argument

Actually, Jimbo’s “bait and switch” effort is even more stupid upon re-reading. Neither the NDIS or Gonski are “tax expenditures”. If you are going to troll, do better!

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

You appear to want to disagree but are unable to formulate an argument

You do a good job of rebutting yourself through pig headedness. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

You do a good job of rebutting yourself through pig headedness. 

I don't find your name calling to be a convincing argument

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't find your name calling to be a convincing argument

Thankfully I don’t give a flying frack what you think. You are not for turning. Your myopic hypocracy is risible.

I’m partisan. No doubt about that. But i dont think Labor is perfect. I dont know what I was thinking, seeking to engage after a couple fo year’s break. You cant stay on topic when snookered, or defend your position with integrity.

It’s a shame actually. More honesty on your part could lead to an actual worthwhile debate rather than the recycling of dross and LNP-SkyNoos talking points. 

21 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Thankfully I don’t give a flying frack what you think. You are not for turning. Your myopic hypocracy is risible.

I’m partisan. No doubt about that. But i dont think Labor is perfect. I dont know what I was thinking, seeking to engage after a couple fo year’s break. You cant stay on topic when snookered, or defend your position with integrity.

It’s a shame actually. More honesty on your part could lead to an actual worthwhile debate rather than the recycling of dross and LNP-SkyNoos talking points. 

You do realise that all of the accusations in your post could very easily be levied at yourself, right?

You know, we all know we are going to have many disagreements in this thread, and sure it's gonna get heated at times.  But can we settle just a little bit.  Not completely, but just a little?

8 minutes ago, goughy said:

You know, we all know we are going to have many disagreements in this thread, and sure it's gonna get heated at times.  But can we settle just a little bit.  Not completely, but just a little?

He started it...

Clearly there must be something in the sugar baby scandal.  Yesterday it breaks, and not hearing any denials yet etc, but day one he resigned his position and day two and he's not going to contest the election in his safe as seat!  If it's true ScoMo only found out about it all yesterday then he must be spewing.  Lack of communication between coalition parties.  I guess it's a case of practise what you preach.  If you're gonna take a high moral standing, even criticising others of your own party, better make sure there's nothing can bite you on the arse!

12 minutes ago, goughy said:

Clearly there must be something in the sugar baby scandal.  Yesterday it breaks, and not hearing any denials yet etc, but day one he resigned his position and day two and he's not going to contest the election in his safe as seat!  If it's true ScoMo only found out about it all yesterday then he must be spewing.  Lack of communication between coalition parties.  I guess it's a case of practise what you preach.  If you're gonna take a high moral standing, even criticising others of your own party, better make sure there's nothing can bite you on the arse!

Seems it wasn't as legit as they first made out too when he said he paid for the trip himself. 

He paid for the international component, but has just now gone back and repaid the Australian Taxpayers for the domestic component of the trip to Hong Kong.

There must be more to come with him resigning so quickly. I bet it's not the first time he's visited that website... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -H- said:

There must be more to come with him resigning so quickly. I bet it's not the first time he's visited that website... 

Apparently there are already 3 more women making contact with National Party officials over inappropriate behavior by Broad. 

It could get interesting.

• Like 1

OMG I just read the g'day mate "sexts" - hilarious 😂 

7 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Could have done yourself a favour and stopped posting at that point ... ;)

Wow what a zinger...U comedic talents are wasted chasing ambulances, or is it scavenging off divorces?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Apparently there are already 3 more women making contact with National Party officials over inappropriate behavior by Broad. 

It could get interesting.

For his own sake, hope one of them doesn't have the initials SH-Y

6 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

I’m partisan. No doubt about that. But i dont think Labor is perfect.

Fck mate, anyone that even thinks either party over the last 15+ years deserves a pass mark should not be entering into the debate...

Got to say, giving life membership to Rudd and Gillard on the weekend really took the shine off giving it to Keating at the same time.  The other two aren't even eligible to lick his shoes.  Hopefully this is not a sign of the decisions to come over the next 6 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Fck mate, anyone that even thinks either party over the last 15+ years deserves a pass mark should not be entering into the debate...

Got to say, giving life membership to Rudd and Gillard on the weekend really took the shine off giving it to Keating at the same time.  The other two aren't even eligible to lick his shoes.  Hopefully this is not a sign of the decisions to come over the next 6 years.

Agreed, both sides are an absolute disgrace. It's mind boggling how people like Andrew treat it like a footy team, loyally supporting one or the other blindly no matter how incompetent they are.

The only people politicians care about these days are themselves and keeping their job 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, more said:

Wow what a zinger...U comedic talents are wasted chasing ambulances, or is it scavenging off divorces?

Putting sex offenders and drug kingpins in prison actually. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Putting sex offenders and drug kingpins in prison actually. 

At least u work for the right team

Edited by more
  • Like 1