Rocket Salad

The Politics Thread

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

You are correct, the seat no longer contains part of Darlinghurst 

My point remains though, which explains why the likes of John Hewson and Malcolm Turnbull were popular 

😂 Hewson ..... your going back 1987

Hewson, didn't he lose an unlosable election?

Sharma got 43 % of first preferences. Phelps less than thirty. It is the system it is but who even thinks about their preferences when voting

17 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

OK

The seat is filled with people with an ideological hatred of the Liberal party and would rather have root canal surgery than vote for them

Is that better?

I liked your previous version better. It's real and non politically correct. The world is going mad on political correctness.

Now... my daughter is a doing the HSC and wants to do nursing...... and did you know the do gooders out there are now proposing (and it may already be policy) that if you are attending to an indigenous person you have to thanks them etc etc etc similar to the line that everyone now does....I want to thank and show my respect to the original inhabitants of the Garigal nation etc etc etc ....what a load of bullshit.

Someone tell me this is not correct.....please....

Edited by IronmanFoz
typo

Yep.  I understand wanting to get to the point that someone somehow has over half the votes, bit when preferences are going to someone you may not support, but have no choice in throwing votes at them in a preference system.

Still happy she should be in.

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Hewson, didn't he lose an unlosable election?

And would have been in a three-way tussle with Fraser and Turnbull for their title of worst Liberal PM

Point being, the voters of Wentworth like their Liberals to lean to the left 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I liked your previous version better. It's real and non politically correct. The world is going mad on political correctness.

Now... my daughter is a doing the HSC and wants to do nursing...... and did you know the do gooders out there are now proposing (and it may already be policy) that if you are attending to an indigenous person you have to thanks them etc etc etc similar to the line that everyone now does....I want to thank and show my respect to the original inhabitants of the Garigal nation etc etc etc ....what a load of bullshit.

Someone tell me this is not correct.....please....

Wait until she ends up in emergency and people come in with abdominal pain and she has to guess whether they're male or female

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Seems like where you see political correctness, I see a lack of respect calling someone by a derogatory name.

I don't know if what you say is correct, but it sure as hell doesn't justify the previous name calling.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You can be offended by anything if you try hard enough...

Conversely, you don't have to try too hard to not offend people. 

• Like 2

Turning on the TV I thought the libs had won as they were celebrating, telling the world how good they were with riotous chants of "Scomo! Scomo! Scomo!" and it was only when Sharma says "if this is how we celebrate in defeat, imagine winning" (or some such) that I realised they had actually lost.  What a pack of complete wallies!  Like, pretending  you won somehow makes it better...?! 

I suppose Scomo can relent with the Jerusalem thing now with something like "I said I'd consider it, I have considered it, and we won't do it", What a complete d1ckhead.

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Turning on the TV I thought the libs had won as they were celebrating, telling the world how good they were with riotous chants of "Scomo! Scomo! Scomo!" and it was only when Sharma says "if this is how we celebrate in defeat, imagine winning" (or some such) that I realised they had actually lost.  What a pack of complete wallies!  Like, pretending  you won somehow makes it better...?! 

You mean like Shorten's victory lap after the 2015 poll?