Rocket Salad

The Politics Thread

16 minutes ago, roxii said:

I'm surprised there are TWO women who want to have sex with Barnaby!!! 

Really?

You're assuming his wife did.

I think Barnaby is not really cut out for politics and has not  been in a great place for a few years now. He is probably morally conflicted by the reality of politics and is slowly working out you have to be a lying devious prick to get on and are in fact unlikely to emerge as a knight in shining armour. I see a man disenchanted with the reality but stuck. I feel a bit sorry for him.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb
  • Like 1

Reality of the situation is I can't think of any pollie that had an affair while in office and was found out, continued on much further.  These things don't go down too well with either side - it gets amplified for a leader of a party

Think of Wood, Evans, Kernot etc just in the last 20 years.  No doubt there were plenty of others, but not made public knowledge

Especially with a few proud bible bashers neat the top of the party. 

3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Reality of the situation is I can't think of any pollie that had an affair while in office and was found out, continued on much further.  These things don't go down too well with either side - it gets amplified for a leader of a party

Think of Wood, Evans, Kernot etc just in the last 20 years.  No doubt there were plenty of others, but not made public knowledge

Bob Hawke was a notorious womaniser, the distinction is Hazel stood by him, till after he left parliament.

Bill Shorten left his wife for his current wife in 2008. Lots of politicians have done this. I thought I heard that Tony Burke did as well.

8 hours ago, Mr Flower said:

Bill Shorten left his wife for his current wife in 2008. Lots of politicians have done this. I thought I heard that Tony Burke did as well.

Were they banging the staff while banging on about the sanctity of marriage?  Did they organise government jobs for their new squeeze?  

It's not the affair itself, they happen all the time. It's the hypocrisy and the rorting.  Plus the fact that he obviously drugged her or something, surely no woman (or man, for that matter) would go there willingly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -H- said:

Were they banging the staff while banging on about the sanctity of marriage?  Did they organise government jobs for their new squeeze?  

It's not the affair itself, they happen all the time. It's the hypocrisy and the rorting.  Plus the fact that he obviously drugged her or something, surely no woman (or man, for that matter) would go there willingly.

The board asked and received the incoming CEO resignation over a relationship with a subordinate

The exact same thing happened at my work in 2013. (not the drugging part). The board asked and received the incoming CEO resignation over a relationship with a subordinate. It was a breach of company ethincs and not the standards we hold ourselves to. 

That shag cost him $23 million a year. 

Had she not been shifted around through a few 'created' positions, and had he kept his mouth shut during the ssm debate, my opinion of him wouldn't have changed but my opinion of what should happen to him may have (I can't say for sure because it's not what happened, and I've always thought him an embarrassment of a deputy pm).

I've respected him as a pollie that hasn't been afraid to talk plainly and think for himself instead of blindly following the party line - let's be honest we need more of this ilk. 

I don't care about the affair so much - it happens and no party can claim the moral high ground on these issues, and individuals that tend to do so usually end up with skeletons being exposed shortly after.  But the whole getting her jobs at the tax payer expense and then claiming extra expenses for staying in Canberra assumedly to be with her is too much.  Then on top of it to find out some "donor" is giving him an apartment in Canberra (and holidays in FNQ), Reinhardt trying to give him money all the time etc and you have to wander if he is still putting the public interests first.  Woods in the late 90s got charged for claiming allowances while staying at his "friends" apartment and had to resign, don't see how Barnaby claiming expenses, staying in a paid for apartment and shacking up with what's her face is much different.

Hope the bank bencher salary is going to be able cover his child support

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -H- said:

Sorry H, I was answering a question from another post above about Pollies who had affairs but still progress their careers. I am certainly not defending Barnaby. Though as someone who has seperated and then re-partnered, I am also not crucifying him.

He lost me way back when he opposed the introduction of the HPV vaccination because he was 'deeply troubled' by the 'family values' social implications of a government giving 12YO girls a license to be sexually promiscuous - as if.

Essentially, he was prepared to opportunistically block a proven protection against cervical cancer, in order to promote his standing with conservatives by claiming he was the white-knight defender of traditional family morals and responding to the voice of the community. 

Standard strawman BS (if you are in favor of immunization then you are in favor of 12YO girls having sex) and his basic M.O.

Edited by XCOM!
  • Like 2

+1,000,000

39 minutes ago, Prince said:

if he was in the US, he would be President by now.

On a ticket with Bob Katter as his Vice P.

• Like 1

Best photo ever. 

Still don't know what she sees in him 

IMG_1230.PNG

Edited by Peter

Must have a rockin' personality behind closed doors....

11 hours ago, Peter said:

Best photo ever. 

Still don't know what she sees in him 

IMG_1230.PNG

10 inches

After 10+ years of negotiation and painful community consultation plus billions of taxpayer dollars spent, once again the idiot Greens look like beating a full house of science and economics with a pair of politics.  And dumb Labor is riding on their coat-tails.

70GL of less environmental water in the Northern Basin = a 2.5% reduction of the 2,750GL to be returned to the environment.

And due to the poor connectivity of the Northern Basin to the Barwon-Darling system, only 3GL (0.1%) of that 70GL actually makes it to Adelaide.

Now these dickheads now want to blow up the whole Plan for the sake of such a piddling compromise (which is not really a compromise, because the reduction in the downstream allocation is being offset by increases in local enviro allocations - which are far more effective at protecting enviro assets than sending it down to Adelaide and having virtually all of it evaporate along the way).

But this is how we do Natural Resource Policy in Australia.  Keeps happening.  Rural communities back into limbo again at the behest of the chardy sipping metro f-wits. 

• Like 2

The coalition have taken the easy way out next week. Rather than make a decision on BJ, he will be on "personal leave" for the week that Turnbull is OS.

Actually a smrt move.

MT issues a bonk ban for the LNP.

Or as the headline in one of the papers, No Pokies!

1 hour ago, goughy said:

MT issues a bonk ban for the LNP.

Or as the headline in one of the papers, No Pokies!

are you allowed to bonk in the Labor party? 

It's the Labor party, so if it involves labour then at some stage some poking went on.....

Does that make any sense at all???

• Like 1

It's frickin' hilarious!  Whenever it looks like Labor is on the ropes and being dragged through the mud, and BS send down and out, the LNP comes along and says "you guys need a break, let us take the focus off you for a while eh?"  MT and BJ to start an all out war.

23 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The coalition have taken the easy way out next week. Rather than make a decision on BJ, he will be on "personal leave" for the week that Turnbull is OS.

In the interests of clarity, best not refer to Barnaby by his initials.

I was amused when Barnaby criticised the media of "disseminating" information pertaining to his private life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, goughy said:

It's frickin' hilarious!  Whenever it looks like Labor is on the ropes and being dragged through the mud, and BS send down and out, the LNP comes along and says "you guys need a break, let us take the focus off you for a while eh?"  MT and BJ to start an all out war.

yep, its like bowling a no ball then giving them a free hit after taking a few wickets. IF BS doesn't be the preferred leader after this, he never will. 

Oh, I don't necessarily think he will ever be preferred PM.  But doesn't matter, takes more than a PM to run a country.  In fact, the LNP barely even have one!

2 minutes ago, goughy said:

Oh, I don't necessarily think he will ever be preferred PM.  But doesn't matter, takes more than a PM to run a country.  In fact, the LNP barely even have one!

And when has he actually been running the country?

I did say "barely", in a generous soul!

Labour adopting the old adage, never interrupt while your opponents are making fools of themselves.

1 hour ago, Hymie said:

Labour adopting the old adage, never interrupt while your opponents are making fools of themselves.

Labor are doing an impressive job being quiet. 

Sometimes the best thing you can do is shut your mouth.

George Christensen displaying outstanding judgement. What a disgrace that this bloke is in parliament. Politics really is a joke when you get Roberts, this bloke, Lleyonhelm in positions of power

40 minutes ago, Parkside said:

George Christensen displaying outstanding judgement. What a diing resgrace that this bloke is in parliament. Politics really is a joke when you get Roberts, this bloke, Lleyonhelm in positions of power

Politics has never been worse, saw keneally mixing religion and politics the other day doing jokes at the nationals around lent.  Whilst it was funny,  clearly not a student of world history and the outcome of mixing religion and politics, no sitting politician should ever do that.

Just disgraceful and she's the best new talent labor has......

Not to mention Labor's preferred leader according to polls is married to a convicted drug dealer with question marks over qualifications for a number of high profile roles that he was given by former NSW labor govts.

Then you cross the aisles, and the next leader names being thrown up by the libs is Dutton - enough said.  Although with all out civil war about to erupt, perhaps a dictator is what's needed - someone with the win at all costs ala Joh style of leadership

Kind of makes you understand how Trump could get elected...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

Not to mention Labor's preferred leader according to polls is married to a convicted drug dealer with question marks over qualifications for a number of high profile roles that he was given by former NSW labor govts.

Then you cross the aisles, and the next leader names being thrown up by the libs is Dutton - enough said.  Although with all out civil war about to erupt, perhaps a dictator is what's needed - someone with the win at all costs ala Joh style of leadership

Kind of makes you understand how Trump could get elected...

Not disputing the history but he has survived the liberals execution of all the former govts political appointments. So he is ether real good at his job or has photo's...lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

it's on, Barnaby is being challenged

The Age & Herald Sun websites reporting Barnaby has called a press conference for 2.00 p.m. Strong suspicion he will pull the pin on the leadership and head to the back benches. So who will his replacement be?

The dude doesn't get what they wanted him to do when they made him take a weeks break instead of being acting PM? They wanted you to shut up, keep your head down and hide in your freebee apartment.  Not invite the media inside for friggin press conferences etc!  He's a friggin idiot and doesn't have the intelligence to even sit on the back bench.  Not that I haven't always thought that!

15 minutes ago, Hymie said:

The Age & Herald Sun websites reporting Barnaby has called a press conference for 2.00 p.m. Strong suspicion he will pull the pin on the leadership and head to the back benches. So who will his replacement be?

Someone only 1000 people in the whole country has ever heard of

The conspiracy theorist in me has this Vikki Campion as a well paid actress, employed by Johnny Depp to lure Barnaby into a relationship, then ensure it becomes public knowledge at just the right time. Maybe the free apartment has even been paid for by Johnny through a backdoor account.

Goodbye Beetrooter.

• Haha 2

Yeah but she still would have had to have sex with Barnaby, can you put a price in that???

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The conspiracy theorist in me has this Vikki Campion as a well paid actress, employed by Johnny Depp to lure Barnaby into a relationship, then ensure it becomes public knowledge at just the right time. Maybe the free apartment has even been paid for by Johnny through a backdoor account.

Goodbye Beetrooter.

I love the smell of a conspiracy theory in the morning😂😂😂