Sign in to follow this  
iFoz

Training options in Jakarta

Any of our expat Trannies got experience of tri clubs and/or places to train in Jakarta?

Google isn't returning many valuable hits.

I'll be working there for the next 4 weeks, in the Kemang, Blok M suburbs.

I need to make sure my apparently already unworthy state (read qualifying for Vegas thread) doesn't deteriorate too much. : )

Hey Foz,

A mate of mine just moved there last month for 2 years. He is in touch with a number of people there who do regular rides/runs. Not sure where you are in relation to him, but he is in an area where all the expats stay.....apparently.

Ping me and I'll give you his number.

cheers

Foz

Mmmmm, Block M.....frequented the area when I was working in KL. Not a place for much other than nightlife ( if you're up for that kinda stuff ).

Foz. What I hear from my mate, Fitness First Platinum. I will find out ASAP and let you know.

Mmmmm, Block M.....frequented the area when I was working in KL. Not a place for much other than nightlife ( if you're up for that kinda stuff ).

KL is a long way from Jakarta.....

Indoor stuff only I'd suggest in that part of J town. Chaotic and dangerous traffic rules out bike or road runs. Not to mention the choking air pollution and heat. Some of the universities might have some decent pools and other training facilities but I haven't researched it. Good luck.

KL is a long way from Jakarta.....

Doing off site inspections of teak, glass and hand tufted carpets in Indonesia for the Petronas Towers. Traveled thru Jakarta often on the way to factories and suppliers.

Ping me and I'll give you his number.

I know a squad over there that really blows it up on the run

Nice one YoYo

Foz. What I hear from my mate, Fitness First Platinum. I will find out ASAP and let you know.

Some of the universities might have some decent pools and other training facilities but I haven't researched it. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips guys. IronmanFoz, I'll contact your mate once I'm up there.

I'll let you know how I get on in the next few weeks.

While working Bangladesh I published the Dhaka Dhaka Diary to relay tales of WTF and training for my first IM.

If I get chance this trip I'll publish the Djaka Djaka Diary : )