TUv5.0

Freight bike to Qld help pls?

So Aus post are useless trying to get a bike from Syd to Qld.... Why am I not surprised. Too big for them to handle. It's for another Trannie. Who is best/quick/price ...... Thanks

Guest C.C

You work at Kingsford Smith Airport don't you? Pop in to a few of the freight company's and check them out. I know Qantas freight used to freight Kayaks, ski's etc from terminal to terminal for reasonable prices so a bike would be no problem.

Yeh all the golfers use e-go and alot of their stuff is more fragile and expensive per kg than ours.

Try Pack and send - go road freight option. It will get there just as quick as airfreight with SYD-BNE being an overnight service.

How much do e-go charge? I want to ship a bike from Perth to brizzie. 

I used this for some stuff from Vic to Brisbane & it was half what the regular quotes were. I think if you packed your bike well it would be fine.

https://www.truckit.net/?gclid=COSrkNCa8NMCFYakvQodiN8FOg

Truckies will bid on the job & you take the quote you want. You can always discuss it with them before agreeing to the quote. From what I can see, it's a means of drivers getting something for their return trips.

Another vote for e-go, they are owned by hunter transport, I have sent multiple 14ft Carbon stand up paddle boards all over the country with them and I've never had a problem, always well looked after, I'd certainly have no problem sending a bike with them.  Pricing is very good, Last board i sent was Brisbane to Townsville and I paid $145, Bargain when considering the Awkward size of them.

• Like 1

Wow 

my heart skipped a beat

i thought big tony was back on trannie s 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:13 AM, ironpo said:

Wow 

my heart skipped a beat

i thought big tony was back on trannie s 

I miss Tony and at times YOyo?. (Missing in action). the place has never been the same since Miss Grinch left:huh::(

Edited by Chuckie M

I still use e- go.  Easy and cheap.  Especially if you go depot to  depot!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mhvh said:

I still use e- go.  Easy and cheap.  Especially if you go depot to  depot!

Thanks, so like these guys are going to be my best option.

E-go are great until they **** shit up. Then it all goes pear shaped. I've stopped using them now because of a few things going missing for weeks and having to jump up and down to get an answer. Their parent company isn't much worse. They misplaced a whole pallet, 800kg not too long ago.

3 hours ago, skinnee said:

Greyhound freight $120 depot to depot 

My brother sent a bike from Melb to Brisbane that he bought off eBay and greyhound was the best for him at the time, and he would have searched high and low for the cheapest quote being the tight arse he is.

11 hours ago, willie said:

E-go are great until they **** shit up. Then it all goes pear shaped. I've stopped using them now because of a few things going missing for weeks and having to jump up and down to get an answer. Their parent company isn't much worse. They misplaced a whole pallet, 800kg not too long ago.

I was going to use these guys because they were cheap, but they were a nightmare to get hold off and to deal with, so ended up going with TNT express, who were only marginally more expensive and ended up being really efficient and reliable. 

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, zed said:

I was going to use these guys because they were cheap, but they were a nightmare to get hold off and to deal with, so ended up going with TNT express, who were only marginally more expensive and ended up being really efficient and reliable. 

You need an ABN to ship with TNT? Anyone got an ABN I can use?

I recently bought a wheel (H3) from Perth -> Melbourne.  Used transdirect which wound up with Couriers Please. It was cheap $35 from memory, but took two weeks :)