Sign in to follow this  
AA7

Exercise and Painkiller Use

PED

On a side note - having just used Ibuprofin with my broken collarbone and subsequent surgery, it did make me constipated. Glad to be off it now.

Sounds like BS to me. Who's using that much Brufen on a daily basis? I know there are those that overload it during a race and that would probably be worth a look.

But where's the documented incidence of ulcer or perforation off low dose brufen? Compared to a double blind study?

It doesn't seem to be an issue. Whether the brufen helps or not would be a separate topic.

Rarely touch the stuff (c. 3 times a year), but on race day 6 neurofen and 6 panadol over 15 hours takes the edge off.

Sounds like BS to me. Who's using that much Brufen on a daily basis? I know there are those that overload it during a race and that would probably be worth a look.

But where's the documented incidence of ulcer or perforation off low dose brufen? Compared to a double blind study?

It doesn't seem to be an issue. Whether the brufen helps or not would be a separate topic.

Its possible, however more likely with ongoing use of low dose nsaids, eg. Arthritis sufferers. In this instance a proton pump inhibitor is indicated in most countries for prevention of nsaid associated ulcers.

From Cycling News and the recent WADA report on the use of Tramadol...

It's official - 4.7% of you guys are on the juice!

"WADA also monitored glucocorticoids - steroids that are used to treat inflammation. Cyclists also showed the highest incidence of positive samples of any sport for this class of drug, in competition, with 3.8 per cent of samples positive. Out of competition, cycling was third to skiing and triathlon with 4.38 per cent of cyclists' samples positive compared with 4.7 percent of triathletes and 5.5 per cent of skiers."

• Thanks 1