Luist

Dyma disc covers?

I dont think they are legal for track racing ratty.

Better ask Alex, he is a commies-air so would know whats what :lol:

The actual rules are a little ambiguous (surprise) and IMO could be interpreted either way.

I think you'll be stretching it to use on track, and I think most comms would probably say no, although they have been used in road TTs.

I rode with rear wheel covers in the TT at UCI Road World Cup and at national road championships and passed all scrutineers.

But that's not to say at another event with different commissaires that you wouldn't be turned away (and they'd be just as right as the ones that let you ride them).

Wheel covers for triathletes are one of the cheapest ways to gain speed.

You would trust tape to hold on that cover? Just around the edge where it meets the rim?

Tape works fine, provided you apply it correctly. Mine are held on with tape alone, survived tropical downpours just fine and been there for couple of years.

The trick is not to stretch the tape when applying.

The trick is not to stretch the tape when applying.

I taped mine on just to see what they look like and didn't use the fastners and not sure I want to.

How do you get the tape to go around the wheel in a circle if you don't stretch it?

I got my covers and keen to take a ride with them on. Very happy to find that the wheel magnet for my Garmin speed/cadence sensor works through the cover - bonus!

• Like 1

Anyone else who only taped have theirs rub the derailleur?

Not a big deal if I have to use the screws but it'll ruin the look having black dots in the blue! :lol:

My Dyma covers are on their way. Looking forward to using them at Busselton 70.3.

DYMA_SLi_Flag02_zps681c0062.jpg

The covers are fitted and ready for Busso.

MikeBike1_zps0ee8c992.jpg

nice did you give the design or are there options to choose from? dont see much on the website

I ran my Dyma SLi disc covers at Port Macquarie IM on the weekend and was very very happy with them. Despite it being windier than I was expecting I didn't regret having them on, and will be using them in future races for sure :smile1:

I had them on when I racked my bike, but I chickened out when I read the weather report for Sunday and went back and took them off.

Having not raced with them previously I was worried about the wind and the old never try something new in a race theory, plus being a light guy I didn't want to wrestle my bike all day, 101mm deep dish was enough I think.

nice did you give the design or are there options to choose from? dont see much on the website

On the website the had a picture of a set with the Danish flag so I asked for the Australian flag. They did the design work. You can have anything that you want on them.

I just mounted a set of SLi's, after working with Cal on a custom print. He was really awesome with the design, and tweaking things though several drafts. Love it!

r0w08k.jpg

141tboh.jpg

j14owz.jpg

I know I'm not fast enough to really benefit from a disc, but I like the look, and getting the customised print on board makes me happy :thumbsup:

Edited by The Turtle
  • Like 4

Sorry for reinstating this old thread. Thinking of getting one myself. I know Austrimag did a brief review in the May edition but interested in hearing feedback from other users? Thanks! I've emailed and sent a message to their Facebook page early this week but haven't heard a reply, hopefully they are still in business!

32 minutes ago, gregb said:

Could we get some with the Trannies logo on 'em?

They will print anything you want on them. Names, logo's, etc.