gulliver

2 x IM AG world champion busted for doping

..................unless he has a significant medical condition and aging does not qualify.

But it's a terminal illness?

He never could and won't be able to get a TUE for testosterone.

I think that their criticism was that WTC failed to fully describe the TUE requirements and told athletes to refer to their national agencies (e.g. USADA in Moats' case). This from the arbitration findings;

"Despite obtaining a prescription for testosterone, a widely known prohibited substance, Mr Moats testified that he did not consult the WTC ADR (anti-doping regulations) to determine whether he required a TUE. Mr Moats further testified that he did not contact WTC, USA Triathlon or USADA to ascertain whether he required a TUE. The Panel concludes that Respondent's failure to read the applicable ADR's and/or contact the appropriate governing bodies regarding the need for a TUE fell below the mandated standard of care, namely "utmost caution" required for a finding of "no fault or negligence".

For the record, this is from USADA's TUE applications for testosterone worksheet for physicians and it's pretty clear. http://www.usada.org...-guidelines.pdf

•  

 The use of testosterone as an anti-aging medication for men is not justification for a TUE. Similarly, generalized fatigue, slow recovery from exercise and a decreased libido are not, in isolation, justification for the granting of a TUE for testosterone.

•  

It is extremely unlikely that a Therapeutic Use Exemption will be approved for "functional" hypogonadism (a diagnosis of hypogonadism based on low testosterone levels but without a defined etiology).

We agree - I reckon he just tried to exploit a loop hole in the WTC rules. Now WTC are tightening up.

There are many who would be willing to inflict a significant medical condition upon him. Ha.

The lack of clarity and inconsistency in that article I think referred to the fact that the instructions regarding finding out whether you required a TUE were not absolutely clear on WTC's website. Actually they were only unclear if you were doing the least possible to find out whether you needed or were eligible for one.

EDIT: Bill D B, If I could type faster I wouldn't be answering the question before last.

Edited by gulliver

Possibly if TU caught up with him.

Might be fun to do a race with him in it. Id be in front of him in the swim by a mile and just wait for him to catch up so we could have a battle on the bike.... and Ill slam on the brakes while hes lookin in the rear view mirror.

Tragic.

1 hour ago, truck said:

3rd in 60-64 today.  Must be nice to race against him.

I haven't read back through the thread but did he get a stint on the sidelines and this is a comeback?

Still got the mirror on his helmet?

1 hour ago, trinube said:

I haven't read back through the thread but did he get a stint on the sidelines and this is a comeback?

If you do a search on the web for kevin moats doping there's an extensive amount of material out there, not much of it favourable. 

• Like 1