Sign in to follow this  
smiddo

WTB - "Budget" road or TT bike

I've got about $1000 - $1500 spare at the moment and thinking of "upgrading" my bike.

Currently have an old steel frame town bike with old 9spd 105 and a 12 yr old OCR 3 with a mix of 8spd sora/tiagra, pro lite como wheels and a quill stem adapter. Looking to get back into some half distance races in the next 12 months and not sure if I should get another road bike or try and source a Tri bike. Can swap the groupsets over on my current frames to have a 9 spd training bike and buy a TT bike or pick up a roadie for the money I have.

Does anybody have anything they are thinking of offloading in the near future. Thought I would ask here as well as look at the usual ebay/bike exchange and online stores. I appreciate the budget doesn't allow for anything too flash.

Ride about a 56cm road bike, 180cm tall, 95 kg. Don't do group rides or anything like that due to location just ride for fitness and training at the moment. Live in north west NSW.

Cheers

Shane

Hey smiddo,

I have 2009 Orbea Ora TT bike size 51cm I'm 180cm and fit nicely. It's running Durace and in pretty good condition I'm keen together rid of it so you can have it $1000..

Milney

Thanks Milney,

is it one of the alloy Aletta models or carbon frame, had one other offer already so keeping the options open, thanks again.

Theres no way someone 180cm tall should br riding a 51cm bike

Theres no way someone 180cm tall should br riding a 51cm bike

Im 180 and can ride anything from a 51 to a 58cm. all comes down to the minimum seat post insert and your own flexibility

• Like 1

Can sell u a argon e 112 brand new frame and sram group for 1500 will do for 2300 with brand new f9rs

Can sell u a argon e 112 brand new frame and sram group for 1500 will do for 2300 with brand new f9rs

Could ask what size that is.

Thanks for the responses Milney & Trek, I'm considering an offer on another bike at the moment, will update this thread accordingly, hopefully tommorrow. In the middle of moving house at the moment................

Check argons website they are weird sizes.

Checked the site, the 112 is the same sizes as my krypton. My krypton roadie is a medium.

Edited by sme1414

I have a 2010 White Argon E114 Frame for $1000 with shifters & brakes, no cranks, derailers or wheels. I am 180cm

I have a 2010 White Argon E114 Frame for $1000 with shifters & brakes, no cranks, derailers or wheels. I am 180cm

Where are you, what shifters are they.

Sign in to follow this