Latest season of Jack Ryan was pretty good.  The first was as well.

On 16/12/2019 at 9:33 PM, -H- said:

Just finished it, wow.  Based on a true story 😞

I finished it - very worth the watch! But tell me one thing, how is that Toni Collette gets all these great parts playing an American in American movies. Not being critical, I love her performances and I think she totally deserves everything, but I just find it hard to see how an Australian gets chosen to play such a died-in-the-wool American character, especially when, I imagine, a lot of US borns would trying for the same part?

Then again, Meryl Streep played Lindy Chamberlain in the Evil Angels.... 😝 

15 hours ago, PeterW said:

But tell me one thing, how is that Toni Collette gets all these great parts playing an American in American movies. Not being critical, I love her performances and I think she totally deserves everything, but I just find it hard to see how an Australian gets chosen to play such a died-in-the-wool American character, especially when, I imagine, a lot of US borns would trying for the same part?

... 😝

She played a pom in a movie we watched last night and I wondered the same thing 

On 24/12/2019 at 4:21 PM, PeterW said:

I finished it - very worth the watch! But tell me one thing, how is that Toni Collette gets all these great parts playing an American in American movies. 

10 hours ago, -H- said:

She played a pom in a movie we watched last night and I wondered the same thing 

Because she’s a known and proven quality.  If you are wanting someone for a particular role and you can afford it you go with quality.

• Like 1

I watched the first episode of Unbelievable on the plane. I found it really slow moving. After all these recommendations I will have to watch the second episode to see if it is any better.

After 12 months of no Dr Who I am looking forward to seeing the new series. I will have to find a way to VPN to watch it or binge watch it when I get back to Oz in late January.

I'm really getting into The Morning Show.

The first ep was so so and the second slightly better and then ep 3.  Bam

• Like 1

BBCs Dracula is exceptional. If you're a fan of League of Gentlemen and Inside No. 9 you'll get plently of ah-ha moments. Be prepared for a wild ride. 

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 1

On 02/11/2019 at 2:38 PM, Peter said:

Just started the loudest voice. Like it. 

Russell took the gong for it today.

For the cat lovers out there 😎 Netflix "Don't F@#$k with Cats".  Might have to close your eyes once or twice, but is weirdly fascinating.  A gang of computer nerds and animal lovers use the power of the internet to try and track down a particularly sick individual who enjoys posting videos on killing kittens.

On 03/01/2020 at 3:06 AM, The Customer said:

Bake off with the Derry Girls was a hoot. If only all Bake offs were this authentic.

I saw the shorts of this and need to see it. 

Anyone any idea how to watch Channel 4 in Aus. 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2020 at 6:18 PM, Mike Del said:

Binge watched The Casketeers on Netflix last weekend. Best thing I’ve seen on tv in ages 👍

Yeah its amazing isnt it. 

"Classic Countdown" on the ABC right now. Pussyfoot, ACDC, JPY et al. Footage from the 70s when I was a teenager.. Great fond memories from my youth.

FM

• Like 1