6 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

I can’t wait to see what they do with wheel of time.  

Is someone looking at it? 

It could make a hell of a series. At 2 years to produce each season/book, I may never get to see the end. 

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

On 10/09/2019 at 6:11 PM, goughy said:

Watched the first episode of carnival Row, it's out there Jerry!

Just finished first series, liked it a lot

Yeah, me too!  I thought Cara was better than I expected.  And I wanna find out a lot more about the war, the Pact, etc.

3 hours ago, goughy said:

Apparently the GOT prequel has been scraped.

But they've announced a different one, "House of Dragon" will be commenced.

I haven't seen it, but the few I know that have (Mrs included) loved it.

Just started the loudest voice. Like it. 

Also jack Ryan season 2 is back. 

Watched ‘Secret City’ and liked it. Thought the second series was better than the first. Just started on Pine Gap, which has a good story but crap acting.

just about to watch Season 3 of Goliath. If you love Billy Bob like I do, give it a whirl. 

Season 3 Of Goliath is a fair bit different to 1 and 2 but does tie back into 2 in storyline.

Parts of Season 3 are a bit David Lynch like.  I enjoyed it but my better half didn’t after enjoying 1 and 2. 

59 minutes ago, Prince said:

just about to watch Season 3 of Goliath. If you love Billy Bob like I do, give it a whirl. 

I loved Season 1, couldn’t stand season 2

The Michael Hutchence doco "Mystify", will air on the abc on November 24.  I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Is anyone else finding TWD a struggle to watch?  My wife is still hooked, even on FTWD.  I have up on Fear two seasons ago, and I'm really finding it hard to bother with TWD now days.  It just kinda feels boring lately, with not that much going on.  Am I alone in this?

3 hours ago, goughy said:

Is anyone else finding TWD a struggle to watch?  My wife is still hooked, even on FTWD.  I have up on Fear two seasons ago, and I'm really finding it hard to bother with TWD now days.  It just kinda feels boring lately, with not that much going on.  Am I alone in this?

There are only so many varieties of bad guys they can pose different kinds of threats without getting repetitive.

Oh, and I have been over Carol for about 4 seasons now. Shits me to tears.

• Like 1

Anyone watching The Mandalorian and His Dark Materials yet?

The morning show is interesting on so many levels. 

Interesting move by Netflix to put up their subscription fee 2 days before disney+ launches...

Goughy, I'm still on TWD train, finding it doesn't move as quick but seems to build up some plot and a bit of suspense a bit more, interesting to read some old characters are coming back next season (Maggie is apparently confirmed) so will be watching to see how they get to that point. 

Maggie left over a pay dispute, the word is.

I think I heard Netflix raised them in the US, but have they done it here too?

I’ve been watching lots of Netflix docos while I’ve been off, dine out of interest and some just as background noise. 
But I stumbled upon Last Breath, a true story about a commercial diver who is involved in an incident that leaves him stranded at the bottom of the ocean with no hope of rescue. 
very gripping stuff 

15 minutes ago, goughy said:

Maggie left over a pay dispute, the word is.

I think I heard Netflix raised them in the US, but have they done it here too?

Think so, we got an email about 3 hours ago saying our plan was going up to $20 per month on 17th Dec, currently paying $18 per month, same plan was only $14 per month in February.

Might be their marketing strategy to make some people choose between them and choose the wider range on netflix

1 minute ago, roxii said:

I’ve been watching lots of Netflix docos while I’ve been off, dine out of interest and some just as background noise. 
But I stumbled upon Last Breath, a true story about a commercial diver who is involved in an incident that leaves him stranded at the bottom of the ocean with no hope of rescue. 
very gripping stuff 

Sounds a bit like the movie Mine, but a different environment.  Really enjoyed this one (not sure if true story or not though)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3707104/

can someone tell me what is happening with TWD?   no more episodes in this series. wtf, 

Surely you know they do a mid season finale every single season, since season 2.  So ep 8 is always the last one of the year, then it comes back late feb/early march the next year for the rest of the season.

8 minutes ago, goughy said:

Surely you know they do a mid season finale every single season, since season 2.  So ep 8 is always the last one of the year, then it comes back late feb/early march the next year for the rest of the season.

gee whiz goughy, they are really testing my loyalty now.....

Yeah, I probably wouldn't be watching if my wife wasn't so hooked.  I gave up on FTWD two seasons ago.  I'm close to over twd.

Ep 9 drops on February 23.

Anyone seen the ads for the new spin off coming next season - World Beyond?  Looks very similar to a helicopter last seen transporting Rick away

Haven't read back through the thread, so apologies if previously mentioned but am now a season into Designated Survivor.

Despite more crisis happening in the first 60 days of his presidency than Obama did in 2 full terms, I have got to say I am hooked.

21 minutes ago, Ayto said:

Haven't read back through the thread, so apologies if previously mentioned but am now a season into Designated Survivor.

Despite more crisis happening in the first 60 days of his presidency than Obama did in 2 full terms, I have got to say I am hooked.

hahaha, we got hooked after season 1 and now almost finished it thank god cos it went downhill badly.... intersting to note the change in language (F and C) and themes (all of Izzy Folaus pet peeves) in season 3 when it went from being made by commercial tv to Netflix..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pieman said:

hahaha, we got hooked after season 1 and now almost finished it thank god cos it went downhill badly.... intersting to note the change in language (F and C) and themes (all of Izzy Folaus pet peeves) in season 3 when it went from being made by commercial tv to Netflix..

I thought it went downhill earlier than that, I loved the first few eps but from memory I didn't even finish the first season it got so bad.  Great premise but they ran out of storyline very quickly.

I think I got to the end of the first season, I think...... And I'm a Kieffer fan.

Next season of The Expanse drops, I think Friday.  Watching S2 of Jack Ryan now.

The Mrs and my daughter watched Upright, with Tim Minchen, on Foxtel Now, with a 10 day trial.  The show drops weekly on regular Foxtel but the whole season is available on Now.  I watched the first ep and a half, and it wasn't really my thing but they loved it.  It did seem pretty good, and the last girl will be going places.

I watched the last episode of Godfather of Harlem last night. Nothing to write home about, but enjoyed watching it, and am hoping season 2 gets the go ahead.

Chernobyl is on free to air TV here in NZ at present. Very compelling viewing. 

So interesting insights into the Russian system and way of thinking at the time.

Can see the parallels with the systematic sports doping going on!

"The Movies that made us" on Netflix.

A behind the scenes look at the making of iconic movies. First 2 episodes have been Dirty dancing and Home alone. Looking forward to next episode - Ghostbusters.

Get on it.

The award winning juggernaut that was GOT seems to have fizzled, with a lone nomination at the golden globes; kit Harrington for best actor!  He was the best choice from that season?  Did he even change expression once during the 8th season?

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

I’m finding the presidents cup golf compelling viewing right now.  

Insert meme watching grass growing. 

It's called The Morning Show everywhere else in the world.  But in Aus, we already have a show called The Morning Show, so they changed the title for here.  My wife's enjoying it.

"For All Mankind" is another on Apple I have binge watched and now fated to the Friday episode release drip feed along with the Morning Wars/Morning show.  For All Mankind is an alternate reality where the Soviets beat the USA to the moon and hence the space race, the arms race (and all the other races) don't stop, they escalate.

Based around NASA and the Apollo astronauts  it is initially pretty cool as popular historical figures get their histories re-written and events - Teddy Kennedy cancels his party on Chappaquiddick Island, never loses his cred and goes on to become president, for example.  It loses its way a bit after a while as (I think) it focuses too much on some of the characters, but things have gone a bit crazy after the latest episode and I am on tenterhooks awaiting next Friday's offering! 

• Thanks 1

Another ripper session of The Expanse is done!  

You know, I'm not a fan of this binge watching stuff!  I mean, these 10 episode seasons are sorry enough, and having to wait 40+ weeks for the next episode is painful enough.  But smashing the show it and having to wait 52 weeks for another season is kinda painful!