1 hour ago, Peter said:

If yiu get to episode 7 and its still not got you. Stop.  

Is there anyway I can watch all the the GOT from series one without having to download pirate shite? I know it's not on Netflix (so ready to cancel that waste of time shite) but is there an equivalent?

1 minute ago, more said:

Is there anyway I can watch all the the GOT from series one without having to download pirate shite? I know it's not on Netflix (so ready to cancel that waste of time shite) but is there an equivalent?

Foxtel on demand? FoxtelGo

• Like 1

Foxtel Go. Get the free 10 day subscription and binge watch 7 seasons in 7 days 😀

Foxtel Go costs $25 per month. You can sign up and cancel at anytime.

• Like 1

Australian Story right now (8pm)  on ABC

the story of the Aussie lady trying to run 100 marathons in 100 days

Edited by Mike Del

2 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Australian Story right now (8pm)  on ABC

the story of the Aussie lady trying to run 100 marathons in 100 days

Well worth watching and an insight into how we consume water as a finite resource.

I remember Mina from when she did Forster a few times in the early 90s.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, more said:

Awww awesome!! I used to make tons of models when I was a young fella, Spitfires, F-15s, tanks, aircraft carriers...painted them all etc, used to love it 👍

I built models as a kid, then stopped but got back into it with our girls when they were little.  They lost interest, I got hooked again, bought an airbrush, now have 2 display cabinets full of vintage aircraft models.  The Mrs told me I needed to build a larger one to go on top of a new cabinet, hence the Memphis Belle.  I do tend to go a bit OCD on the detail though 😁

8 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Well worth watching and an insight into how we consume water as a finite resource.

I remember Mina from when she did Forster a few times in the early 90s.

It was interesting. We are now on Level 3 water restrictions in Armidale, first time in over 50yrs as we have (had!) a massively over-engineered water supply.  It's a big worry.  Our useless fescue lawn dies fast without regular rain or watering. It's supposed to be a temperate area grass, but the recent hot summers suggests we are not that temperate up here anymore!  And as for my Murray Cod streams......

Yep loving the LEGO masters. 

My first reality show in a while. Nice people doing something fun and enjoying each other’s creativity and skill. 

Hamish is pretty funny too, as you say taking the piss out of the whole genre. 

• Like 1

'After Life' written, directed & acted by Ricky Gervais on Netflix.

Best series I've ever seen by light years.  Just brilliant.

• Like 1

The Orville renewed for a 3rd season.  Smiley face.

Anyone who was weighing up whether to watch GoT or not, after this season id say give up before you get disappointed

5 hours ago, pieman said:

Anyone who was weighing up whether to watch GoT or not, after this season id say give up before you get disappointed

Just watching final episode now.

The whole season has been crap.  They have so much money for scenery and yet the scripts are crap.

It could only be made worse than Brandon stark waking up after he was pushed out of the castle in season 1 episode 3 or 4.  

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Just watching final episode now.

The whole season has been crap.  They have so much money for scenery and yet the scripts are crap.

It could only be made worse than Brandon stark waking up after he was pushed out of the castle in season 1 episode 3 or 4.  

The final season was a complete steaming pile of crap. It's like they sacked anyone who was on the creative team previously and 'the new guys' have a go.  It made zero sense.

On a practical note, how the hell did that wall get re-built?

The whole sucked worse than drafting at IM Melb.  It just reeked of 'spin off'..

2 hours ago, Peter said:

oh Sheeeeet!   he was pushed out of a castle.?  what?

bloody spoiler. 

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

The final season was a complete steaming pile of crap. It's like they sacked anyone who was on the creative team previously and 'the new guys' have a go.  It made zero sense.

On a practical note, how the hell did that wall get re-built?

The whole sucked worse than drafting at IM Melb.  It just reeked of 'spin off'..

okay, why did Jon Snow head off with the Wildings?

Where did the dothrake go?  They just disappeared.

Why does the north just get to stay independent? Fark 8 seasons for someone to rule over the lot and then, arh fark it.  She can do her own thing.

the only people that seemed to work behind the scenes were the music people. 

Not much dialogue in that last episode. 

Edited by Peter

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

okay, why did Jon Snow head off with the Wildings?

He's one of them now. Plus he can't have kids, so finding his todger is not a priority.

Where did the dothrake go?  They just disappeared.

Burning Man festival, that's why Drogon had to leave early.

Why does the north just get to stay independent? Fark 8 seasons for someone to rule over the lot and then, arh fark it.  She can do her own thing.

They want to take back control, they've seen how well that went for UK and Brexit.

the only people that seemed to work behind the scenes were the music people. 

Hallmark had some tunes lying about that nobody wanted.Not much dialogue in that last episode. 

My wife and I have just finished ep2 S4.  It's ok.  Something to watch.  Apart from Dinklage and snow and Daenerys, her favourite characters are gone.  I'm still looking forward to seeing what happens with Arya.  Snow isn't fussing me yet.  It seems like the extent of the real political intrigue is around Dinklage, we both love his character!  The rest just seems kinda lazy.  What happened with Stannis, the witch and his son just seemed like the laziest writing.  If I tell my wife what you're saying about season 8 she may just stop watching.  I can usually watch any old crap, but I'd take our leave this.  3 seasons in and I can't fathom how it is the biggest show in the world.  The first few amputations/beheadings/slaughters had me thinking of The Holy Grail, from a special effects standpoint.  And if s8 is as annoying as I'm hearing, and the first 3 have been nothing to write home about....

And they made you wait two years for that last season eh?  It's a bit insulting, 2 years for 6 episodes!  Westworld is doing the 2 years between seasons and they've pretty much lost me.

I'm looking forward to seeing the His Dark Materials series.  The golden compass was a flop and killed the sequels.  So can't wait to see it.  

We're half way through S6 of GOT now.  Finally started to get really good around the latter parts of S5.

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Surfing at Margaret River on Fox

Also free at wsl.com

slater could be in trouble here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goughy said:

We're half way through S6 of GOT now.  Finally started to get really good around the latter parts of S5.

Did my spoiler alert from April in the "what I do not get" thread come true or not?

56 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Did my spoiler alert from April in the "what I do not get" thread come true or not?

Yep. As I said you ruined it.  Very depressing.  But you don't believe in that so maybe not...

Edited by pieman

19 minutes ago, pieman said:

Yep. As I said you ruined it.  Very depressing.  But you don't believe in that so maybe not...

Really.... did Dinklage die?

Handmaids is back

Animal Kingdom is back

Just watched The Rebellion which was strange, seemd like they sacked half the cast after season one so took me a few episodes of S2 to work out who was who again

Hanging for Vikings, Last Kingdom to come back

Have just watched series 1 of Sons of Anarchy

Biggest trending show at the moment is the 5 part Chernobyl series. There is also a podcast for each episode with extra stuff and insights from the show's creator.  It's a HBO production meaning that, in Australia you need Foxtel to watch it.  However someone I knew told me about someone he'd heard about who may have managed to secure the set by "other means" and binge watched it last night and really enjoyed it, whoever he is.... :)

Edited by Pete
Possessive apostrophe added

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I've seen its rated super high, but was it Interesting or Grim?

I'm not into depressing grim tv

It is extremely interesting  but  ** spoiler alert! !**  the reactor does explode and people die. Sure there's a bit of grim (you wouldn't want to die that way!) but not too much. it's actually quite a multi-faceted story of heroes and villains at the time and the extraordinary machinations of the Soviet culture and political environment.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

It is extremely interesting  but  ** spoiler alert! !**  the reactor does explode and people die. 

Whaaaaaaaaatttt!!!!!!!

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, Parkside said:

Handmaids is back

My wife started watching this....... its absolute rubbish.

Edited by IronmanFoz

4 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

My wife started watching this....... its absolute rubbish.

I don't watch TV (because I don't own one) but this is reportedly a pretty good adaptation of Margaret Atwood's novel.

1 hour ago, XCOM.! said:

I don't watch TV (because I don't own one) but this is reportedly a pretty good adaptation of Margaret Atwood's novel.

Its another of the most widely acclaimed shows currently... not surprisingly imfoz doesn't like it...

• Haha 1