I think it's a bit of a love it/boring as show. My wife and a mate of mine can't understand how much me and my daughter laugh through the EPs. Just one of those shows.

Finally caught up with The Americans (missing Season 5), that show got more stupid by the second.  Had a go at a couple of others on Amazon that I couldn't get past the first episode, namely, Start Up and Animal Kingdom.

Hanging out for the new Grand Tour now.

Bit of interesting news today, but negotiations between Fox and Ch10 have broken down, meaning 10 has lost the new show This Is Us, Modern Family, and The Simpsons!!!!  For something like the first time in 25yrs Ch10 will not be broadcasting The Simpsons.  They're also losing all of Fox's movies.  Other channels can try and grab some of these shows now.  Don't know how much of it may have to do with CBS's bid for Ch10, but it says that Fox was unhappy with how much 10 wanted to pay them, which isn't that big a surprise considering they have no money.  Many of the shows which have been airing already in the states haven't here while negotiations were ongoing, but a verbal rejection from Fox on monday meant all of their content is immediately pulled from ch10.

No simpsons = about 80 hours of broadcast time to fill for channel 10

Just getting into Riverdale, for those into the old Archie comics as kids it's based on that 

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Bit of interesting news today, but negotiations between Fox and Ch10 have broken down, meaning 10 has lost the new show This Is Us, Modern Family, and The Simpsons!!!!  For something like the first time in 25yrs Ch10 will not be broadcasting The Simpsons.  They're also losing all of Fox's movies.  Other channels can try and grab some of these shows now.  Don't know how much of it may have to do with CBS's bid for Ch10, but it says that Fox was unhappy with how much 10 wanted to pay them, which isn't that big a surprise considering they have no money.  Many of the shows which have been airing already in the states haven't here while negotiations were ongoing, but a verbal rejection from Fox on monday meant all of their content is immediately pulled from ch10.

Prepare for a lot of re run rubbish from Ch10

I still think ch10 should just try and become the sports channel.  Aussies love sport.  Just go for all sports. 

Its the only reason foxtel survives.

Those shows above everyone with half IT skills downloads anyway.

Sport nobody downloads.  As everyone watches live or near live

They tried the sports channel, it flopped for them.  We hardly watch 7 or 9 at all. It's all ch10 with a smattering of ABC. Otherwise it's Netflix or other means.

4 hours ago, goughy said:

They tried the sports channel, it flopped for them.  We hardly watch 7 or 9 at all. It's all ch10 with a smattering of ABC. Otherwise it's Netflix or other means.

Actually it was extremely successful. Too successful. 

Lachie who had a bigger investment in foxsports at the time forced onehd to drop sport due to damage for foxsports. 

Really! I just thought it flopped!  What a bugger. Triathlon was awesome when it was on one hd. Ask the ITU, heaps of IM. I miss it but can't be bothered try to watch online.

7 hours ago, The Customer said:

Anyone mention Fargo yet? Season 1 was great!

Ummm, lots of talk about season 1 (excellent) in 2014, then some about season 2 (mixed response, I didn't like it) last year.

Mrs didn't like it so we didn't watch it much.

OK, so decided to buy series 7 of GOT on Amazon.

Firstly, WTF, only 7 episodes, what a rip!  

Confusing questions from me ( maybe I wasn't paying attention) .

The Unsullied took Casterley  Rock when the rest of the Lannister army were elsewhere, but episode 7 starts with the army back in the castle and the Unsullied on the outside?

i don't remember what happened to Sersi's daughter?

Prediction: That evil witch who burnt the kid will be bringing something bad back from the dead ( my money is on Joffrey)

Edited by FatPom

If you like the nordic noir style murder series, then I recommend Hinterland. Was told about it because it's filmed in Wales, but ended up really enjoying it.

23 minutes ago, TenPints said:

Wasn't the daughter poisoned when on the boat heading back from that sunny place with the bad arse women fighters?

Yep

Jeeze, spoiler alert guys!

I haven't watched any GOT yet!

;)

13 minutes ago, goughy said:

Jeeze, spoiler alert guys!

I haven't watched any GOT yet!

;)

Here's a hint.

When you watch the first couple of episodes, don't get too attached to many of the characters. :)

• Haha 2

GOT has reminded me of a marriage.  There is plenty of skin and sex in the first few seasons, but gets down to very little towards the end with only momentous occasions warranting it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, TenPints said:

Wasn't the daughter poisoned when on the boat heading back from that sunny place with the bad arse women fighters?

Ah yes, thanks.

Netflix - big mouth. Recommended by a small hobbit on this site.

adult cartoon series on the joys of growing up as a 13 yr old with a “hormone monster”.  

So wrong!!

Anyone still watching The Walking Dead? New series is pretty ordinary, fast-forwarded through this weeks episode in about 15min.

Needs a big change of setting or to kill off a bunch of regulars, neither of which is looking likely.