Watching a fantastic French series called 'Black Spot' about a remote town in the middle of a huge forest. It's like Midsomer Murders without the humour, or scones. :lol:

One to keep an eye out for, Mayan MC is currently being shot and is a spin off from Sons of Anarchy.  10 episode first season on the way and Kurt Sutter is heavily involved

19 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

One to keep an eye out for, Mayan MC is currently being shot and is a spin off from Sons of Anarchy.  10 episode first season on the way and Kurt Sutter is heavily involved

Were there any of them left? :lol:

• Haha 1

Finishing up Mr Mercedes.  For the Steven King fans out there this is based on the first book in the umbrella trilogy - has kept consistent with the book and not gone off onto some story line ala Under the Dome.  Opening scenes are as brutal as you would expect if you've read it, although the relationship between the stalker and his mother has been toned down a bit which is probably for the best.  Casting is superb with a good mix of known and unknowns in key roles

Overall an excellent series and worth getting onto 

Watched a great little series called 'Grand Prix Driver' about the pre season for 2017 at McLaren and the disastrous relationship with Honda.

Very interesting for us because Mrs FP used to work for McLaren.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2018 at 9:23 AM, FatPom said:

Watched a great little series called 'Grand Prix Driver' about the pre season for 2017 at McLaren and the disastrous relationship with Honda.

Very interesting for us because Mrs FP used to work for McLaren.

And their pit stops went downhill from there😁

6 hours ago, Hymie said:

And their pit stops went downhill from there😁

Yeah but the dishwasher load time at home improved :D

Mrs FP worked on the supercar side, not the F1 bit. She was there in the Hamilton/Button era.

Motorbike lovers and those like seeing different sides of the US, get onto Ride with Norman Reedus.  Simple concept, new guest person to ride with each week (including Peter Fonda), and a different area of the US.  Checks out the subculture of the bike riders in the area.  2 seasons x 6 episodes each so far and just been renewed for a 3rd season

• Like 1

Am I living under a rock and missed something????

Has the new season of TWD started?

Last episode I saw was when Carl revealed his bite!!

On 20/11/2017 at 4:31 AM, FatPom said:

Are you guys getting 'Blue Planet II' ?  Absolutely amazing footage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04tjbtx

Yep, last night they showed the "making of" episode, showing how they filmed it all, the nutbags out in 15-20 surf in SA filming dolphins were mad.

7 minutes ago, Ayto said:

not a new season, just continuing current season. Carl will be fine, don't worry about it. 

Ep 13 of Season 8 just dropped overnight Ayto so you have 5 episodes to binge watch.  Already been renewed for Season 9 as well

And what great episodes they've been too!   And yes, you live under a rock.

20 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Ep 13 of Season 8 just dropped overnight Ayto so you have 5 episodes to binge watch.  Already been renewed for Season 9 as well

I just downloaded ep13 and will watch tomorrow.

I think fear twd starts soon.

Sweet Jesus.........how have I missed this!!

Got some watching to do!

Good times ahead.   Westworld season 2 in a week or two.  The Expanse season 3 shortly (if you haven't given it a gander, S1 &2 are on Netflix, highly recommended SciFi), and just grabbed Killing Eve to watch.  And the new Lost In Space on Netflix any day now.

been a long time since I've watched a series to completion, but Altered Carbon had my attention from the get go.

Forgot about it!  We watched the first few episodes then forgot about it!

Employable Me - heart warming and heart breaking - brilliant

I watched the first 2 episodes of Lost in Space last night (instead of the Comm Games closing ceremony - good choice). It transgresses a lot from the original but so far it's been good entertainment and I've enjoyed it..

Yes, we're through the first two as well, and it's been good.  Yes, a big change from the series or (dare I say) the movie.  But that's ok.  Production quality I think has been pretty high.  We're enjoying it, in particular finding something that all of us are enjoying and watching together, rather than us splitting into different groups.......  with all the bach'/kardashians stuff, or overly adult content etc.  It's good to have the odd thing the kids will watch with us.

On 03/04/2018 at 4:18 PM, Ayto said:

All caught up.  All is right in the World again.........

• Like 1

Some pretty ordinary episodes in there though.....

True story.

For Christ's sake.........how many showdowns can Rick and Negan have and one of 'em not end up dead / injured!!

• Like 1

And ask the stealth/ninja Walkers!

1 hour ago, Ayto said:

True story.

For Christ's sake.........how many showdowns can Rick and Negan have and one of 'em not end up dead / injured!!

True,  the dead walkers are just background material now. 

Bloody hell.  I'm a bit over the Walkings..... I don't think I finished the last season of FTWD

I've been binging on The Bridge after so many have recommended it to me. It's good yah, but everything pales into comparison with The Wire.  The Wire and Breaking Bad are my all time best ever.

The girls bought me GOT season 7 for Xmas.

I'm not really a blondes man, but a blonde with 3 Dragons (who is really a brunette).....

QueenofDragons.jpg

Is Westworld really just that slow?  I now remember losing interest in it mid last season and sleeping through a few of them, but it got me back with the last 2 or 3 eps.  But while the latest ep of season 2 I thought introduced some interesting stuff, it just seems so bloody drawn out!  The eps are like 55mins each but I reckon they could be a standard 42mins easy.  Would give it better pacing.  The boss agrees.

And she's spewing about FTWD this week.....

Have knocked over the first 2 seasons of The Americans over the last month or so.

Good watch. Get on it

4 hours ago, Ayto said:

Have knocked over the first 2 seasons of The Americans over the last month or so.

Good watch. Get on it

yep, great show. unfortunately this is the final season. 

Highly amused by The Santa Clarita Diet at the moment.

• Like 1

Gutted, Lucifer has been canned!  They finally have the big reveal, season finale, and cliffhanger finish we've been waiting for for 3 seasons and they dump the show!  ****in' pissed.

If you like true crime shows, check out Evil Genius. Fact is stranger than fiction.

What a great day!  Lucifer has been picked up by Netflix for S4 after it was cancelled by NBC????  And with the Expanse having already been picked up by amazon after scify cancelled it, that's two of my fav shows around at least next season!

• Like 1

On 04/05/2018 at 10:44 AM, Ayto said:

Good watch. Get on it

Have now only got the final episode of the entire series to go. Have absolutely loved it from the first episode, as has the better half, which is saying something!!

Am also now a couple of episodes into Season 2 of WestWorld. Also loving this series.

Don't normally watch cop shows but the ABC's Mystery Road is entertaining even if far fetched.

A tv show that's far fetched - who'd have thunk it :)

So how long do we have to wait to talk about this season of Westworld (to avoid spoilers), cause I'm ****in lost!  Normally I follow a narrative ok, but have found this season disjointed, drawn out and have struggled to keep track of all the time jumps/flashback periods.

I am only up to episode 3 so don;t say a bloody word yet!!! 😁

Well, friggin hurry up then, and don't fall asleep in it like I've done in every episode so far!

• Haha 1

Anyone given the first ep of Sharp Objects a go?  I found it slow but had enough to grip me and keep me interested.

Not sure how I feel about Luke Cage S2 yet, but it's worth watching for the soundtrack!  Some outstanding music in the 3 eps we've watched this far.  A guitarist/singer called Gary Clark Jr in ep2 who was mind blowing, and in ep3 an 18 year old kid named Christone "Kingfish" Ingram took what was left of my mind and turned out to putty!  Both great guitarists, and each got a couple of songs featured.  Can't wait to see who else the rest of the season reveals!  Even the music that I wouldn't listen to outside of the show has been perfectly matched to it.

Edited by goughy

I started to watch a series called 100 Code on the weekend, it's pretty good. Unfortunately, it's on my sister's Sky account, so I can only watch when at my Mum's house. :lol:

Watched the first episode of Counterpart - streaming on SBS.  Has an interesting premise and it was good enough that I considered watching the next episode even though it would have been past my bed time 😃