Derny Driver

WTB bike shoes size 44....and helmet size medium

Wanted... cheap second hand or new bike shoes for my son. Not triathlon type, prefer a ratchet for the main strap as he is a cyclist (at the moment).

He currently has size 43 Diadora ones which were given to him, he loves them but they are now too small. His foot is narrower than mine and he likes them snug so I guess brands with a wide toe box are out.

I can afford to pay up to about $120 I guess, Im going broke constantly buying him stuff.

His helmet has actually worn out, the retaining strap has broken. He's a S/M or a medium. Anything good second hand or cheap new would be great.

Thanks,

DD

If you in Sydney, he can have a pair of used Shimano 131 shoes - size 44.

Definitely fairly well used, but would be fine for him and not wide toe box.

He can also have a pair of NB 905 runners with racing laces that have only run about 40k - size 44 - if suitable for him

If you in Sydney, he can have a pair of used Shimano 131 shoes - size 44.

Definitely fairly well used, but would be fine for him and not wide toe box.

He can also have a pair of NB 905 runners with racing laces that have only run about 40k - size 44 - if suitable for him

The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze me. Thank you SO much Quack :smile1:

PM sent

Hey DD, I believe its called Karma, I hear you have been making some pretty generous offers yourself.

This is indeed a good and generous community and you are a part of what makes it great.

Ill have a dig trough the garage and may have a lid for young DD.

Hey DD, I believe its called Karma, I hear you have been making some pretty generous offers yourself.

This is indeed a good and generous community and you are a part of what makes it great.

Ill have a dig through the garage and may have a lid for young DD.

Ahh Mr Rox, you are a good man, I withdraw my Kurnell jibe :smile1:

Thank you.

Derny, if Roxii doesn't come through with the goods. Pretty sure I have a specialized 2D that is in good condition that you can have based on Roxii's endorsement

Will take me a couple of weeks for me to arrange

(null)

Edited by Steno

I've got a black Limar medium/large that he can have if not sorted yet.

That he has. :D

Hey mate got a (pretty much) brand new LAS krypton. Size is 54-61. White/ silver in colour. Yours if you want it. Think I wore it once. Didn't suit my head.

Let me know?

Wow...thank you Roxii, Steno and Rog. Roxii if you are coming down to Illawarra Sunday for the 90k race, maybe we can try it then? Otherwise I will probably be up the Shire way shortly anyway. I am overwhelmed by the response and very grateful, also happy to pay. Thankyou :smile1:

Nealo had a saddle sore that he couldnt quite reach to squeeze, so DD kindly offerd to lend him a hand.

Also offered to suck the poison out as well so I hear!

• Like 1

Please explain :shocking:

I won't embarrass DD, other than to say what he may receiving in this thread is less than what my family received by way of him.

Yeah, he seems like an OK bloke.

Even has a coffee machine on his front porch :lol:

DD, I expect that gravel to be gone by the end of the weekend....

DD is indeed a very generous man. Gives up a lot of his time Derny pacing road and track riders for general safety or training reasons as well. Good to see the good karma going full circle.

Thanks for the kind words gents. Before you nominate me for a sainthood, let me assure you that I do not qualify.

Tinny the 5 tonne of gravel should be barrowed into position and compacted by sundown Sunday, with the assistance of my 89 year old dad (now there is a real saint). The Saeco coffee machine Im afraid has died, sprung an internal leak and blows the fuses every time I switch it on. Ive torn it to bits but cant find the problem. Plus the grinder is clogged and the water tank is split. I reckon I got over 10,000 coffees out of it though. So you'll have to settle for instant ...or a cup of tea....next time you drop in.

And seriously, thanks so much for the wheels, fantastic :smile1:

Thanks for your offer BC.

Today DD Jnr rode a Category 4 road race over 90km (4 laps of our course Roxii), there was over 100 turn up include a lot of Sutherland guys. A grade was pretty boring apart from an outstanding ride by Matt from Sutherland who basically rode away from 30 gun cyclists and time trialled to a solo victory, impressive stuff. In B grade DD Jnr covered all the moves and got into a 6 man break on the last lap, swapped off turns to stay away, and then sprinted from 350 metres out. He went out to a 5 bikelength lead and I was celebrating until I saw some bloke sucking his wheel and come off at the last minute to snatch the win, friggin hell it was my own brother dogged his 16 year old nephew...anyway 2nd was great over that distance and he won $40, which he offered to give to me bless his soul, as he has been hitting my wallet regularly for stuff like kids do.

Anyway that was all in the ill-fitting shoes and helmet, so look out when he upgrades with the Trannies stuff. Thanks again to everyone for the offers.

He went out to a 5 bikelength lead and I was celebrating until I saw some bloke sucking his wheel and come off at the last minute to snatch the win, friggin hell it was my own brother dogged his 16 year old nephew...

Ha ha ha. The ACA in internal turmoil. Where was the DS?

I just want to publicly say a huge thanks to Roxii and Quack. Roxi dropped the helmet to my door Saturday and it fits great. Blair won his Southern divisions road race category over 90km the next day wearing it.

Quack has posted 2 large bulky parcels of shoes and wont let me even pay postage. The runners will be used in Cross Country tomorrow and Im swapping cleats off the old shoes onto Quacks ones tonight.

These guys generosity is a fine example to my 16 year old, I hope when he grows up he becomes a man of the calibre like Peter and Mike. Champion people.

I have a long memory too.

• Like 1

Hey DD, the text from Blair was thanks enough.

What goes around etc.

Happy to help.

Remember that next time youre down my way....

What do you want???

I was texting you on Friday to see if you wanted a lift to Batemans but you ignored me.

.... or do you want me to Gift you a win in the next Hammer in Kiama.

You texted me at like 8:30pm on friday night.

My work phone is well and truly off by then. You have my home number numbnuts.... and there wont be any gifting required next time