Best kick-ass songs of all time

Motley Crue, Kick Start My Heart -

(crank to 11)

Guns n Roses, Night Train -

Killing Joke, Love Like Blood -

(note AP on lead vocals)

The Angels, Fashion & Fame -

Ian Hunter, Once Bitten Twice Shy -

(had forgotten all about this one till I tuned into the best radio station on the planet at Gundi)

Golden Earring, Radar Love -

Edited by Thommo227

The sound is terrible and the cameran doesn't show enough of Mr Rhoads and I prefer Mr Crowley but can't find a decent quality YT clip. So I'll go with this for some RR representation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ER3SsLQY8

Not sure if this will stand the test of time, but I'm hoping so. You could power a small country with the energy here!

Thommo I saw Killing Joke in Bristol years ago. Jazz Coleman dived into the audience and laid into a guy for throwing a plastic cup and hitting him square on the head when he was doing one of his 'introspective' moments. :lol:

Kickstart My Heart was always one of my favourite little riffs

Randy Rhodes is the man. I can't even begin to imagine what I would give to be able to play guitar like that.

Thommo I saw Killing Joke in Bristol years ago. Jazz Coleman dived into the audience and laid into a guy for throwing a plastic cup and hitting him square on the head when he was doing one of his 'introspective' moments. :lol:

Mate in college who had a mega stereo system introduced me to Killing Joke. Used to sit in bean bags with beers and crank it on a Friday arvo.

Happy Dayz.

Then his straight-laced GF would come in and 'turn that crap down' :rolleyes:

Agree Gundy, Randy is da man. If only that bus driver had not buzzed the tour bus in the plane 'he borrowed' the third time :(

My favourite wind trainer album is The Cult - Electric, and Bad Fun is the Spin the Big Gear song...never fails!

Outlaw goes alright too...

And once the 40 minute mark hits (and my legs are still talking to me)...Sonic Temple cranks in...good honest rock music!

Hey Timbo, great choices. Big Cult fan here, seen them 5 or 6 times ( all in the UK I'm sure). Billy Duffy and his White Falcon was pretty iconic. Kid Chaos came from a group called 'Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction' who were regulars on the Bristol scene.

My favourite Cult song is Aphrodisiac Jacket, I like the descending solo.

• Like 1

And I was worried about the violence in the one I posted! Remind me to never get on her bad side!

Not sure if this will stand the test of time, but I'm hoping so. You could power a small country with the energy here!

FP,

I was there at Wembley! in 2007... amazing concert. But I liked Hysteria better.

Always a trusty favourite for iconic tracks... YYZ.

If you want see more crowd energy that'll power a small planet, watch Rush in Rio DVD... ( hey Humdrum ).

Classic song - 3 guitar legends.

Petrucci's the most relaxed guitarist I've ever seen. Whacks the left foot on the foldback and goes.

Saw Dream Theater a few years ago in Brisbane and they were incredible. Sad they aren't better known in Australia.

Try this.

Blank, IFOZ, check out Mike Kineally if you don't already know of him.

I answer that with Guthrie Govan.

One of the few I've seen who can shred and not forget the melody.

edit - didn't read whole thread, already done this one

Edited by goughy

One of the all time greatest & kick-ass songs -:

Thanks for the memories Jeff Hanneman!!!

How BIG is the crowd at that Priest gig!?!? Reminds me of this, from one of their NWOBHM counterparts, whilst also meeting the requirements of this thread -:

Actually heard this down at Frankghanistan at IM Melb this year........was probably the highlight of the day :ninja:

How BIG is the crowd at that Priest gig!?!? Reminds me of this, from one of their NWOBHM counterparts, whilst also meeting the requirements of this thread -:

Actually heard this down at Frankghanistan at IM Melb this year........was probably the highlight of the day :ninja:

Bloody massive crowd.

I spent my mis-spent youth listening to all this stuff in a mates dingy room, sucking on durries and drinking cups of tea. Will be 50 next year & still love it :ninja:

Ze Germans are coming -:

Think I might try & qualify for Steno's Windtrainer on this thread...........157 posts to go.

For me as a guitarist, one of the most impressive guitar/ bass combinations I've ever heard was Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards from Chic. But when I was looking for a clip I found this which I had not heard before :)

And if you have to ask why 'Le Freak' is a kick ass song, then I can't help you :schmoll:

• Like 1