BJ7

Garmin 910XT

*** MOST RECENT UPDATE - 21/2

Further to my update this morning, we received ANOTHER 55 units this afternoon. This will fulfill 90% of our pre-orders.

For those who ordered at the $349 price-

* if you would like these are now available for pick up in store

* for those who require delivery I will be working through the list and will be in touch ASAP.

Regardless I will be in touch with you all soon.

Hey Everyone,

Through the shop that I am working in I have been given permission to accept pre-orders for the new Garmin 910XT bundle at an awesome price.

The bundle has an RRP of $449. HOWEVER, I am taking pre-orders at a price of $399 if you order it through me.

If you require any more details or want to order then get in touch at:

benjo88@bigpond.com

Cheers

Edited by BJ7

further to Nealo's question is it HR strap and watch bundle?

Edited by OneZero

Garmin hasn't given us a firm date yet but its Tentatively January the last I heard.

Yes it is the full bundle.

what shop? (shipped from where?) removed thanks to post below :)

when is payment required?

interested pending above

Edited by Roman

Work at Velosophy in Moore Park, Sydney.

$10 for Express post shipping or you can pick up in store.

Yes the HRM is included.

Ben

better to email me and I can organise. I am the stores resident triathlete and this deal is one I have organised with the boss. However if you call on a Tuesday, Thursday Night or Sunday and ask for me then that works as well.

I'm in - how are we going to do this?

my email is in the original post. i can send more details from there and ill give you my phone number if you have any other questions.

Hi Ben

Im also keen to get one of these when are you expecting delivery?? i see my local bike store already has them but not at this great price can you provide anymore details.

i know some people have pre ordered through other places and it was first served on there list and some people have been really disapointed and dont know when they will recieve there watch as i said im keen

cheers

Hi mouse,

We are tentatively expecting January at this stage. I would love to know how and who has them already? Im pretty certain thats not possible.

What details would you like?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben

Early or late jan?

how do you know you are going to get enough in your shipment?

This package also comes with heart strap??

So its $349 plus $10 for shipping outside of NSW?

As i said im keen and yes i was shocked to see my local bike shop advertising in store dec 1..

Sorry if im a bit suss but these days you just have to sometimes ask alot of questions.

Thanks for your help ben

All i know is "January". Bet on late January to be safe.

So far we have ordered a number of units already and i have not taken that many pre-orders yet.

The bundle includes the HR strap.

Price is $349 with an extra $10 shipping if its required

I think your LBS might be advertising the product for pre-orders as well as the 910's are not available to us yet and im pretty confident that just one store would not get an exception.

Again, im happy to give you my phone number to answer any concerns if you send me an email.

Can vouch for this young whippersnapper, good egg. Sorted me with a saddle toot suite, let me take it home and race on it then fix him up later. Almost worth venturing out of the shire.

Can vouch for this young whippersnapper, good egg. Sorted me with a saddle toot suite, let me take it home and race on it then fix him up later. Almost worth venturing out of the shire.

you're too kind! btw how is the saddle going?

Thanks Ben one ordered this is an awesome deal its just listed on Wiggle for 545!!! what a bargain!

very nice shop too velosophy,

Thanks Ben one ordered this is an awesome deal its just listed on Wiggle for 545!!! what a bargain!

very nice shop too velosophy,

$436.78 with 20-OFF at Wiggle. Febuary delivery they are quoting. USA is saying late January. So don't hold your breath to get one anytime soon.

Just so everyone knows, have spoken to Garmin and we now have a CONFIRMED delivery of February. A minor setback from the tentative January but we've been told that February is FIRM

Is that firm, or 'firm with added cement'? I'd love to be all over this, but can't justify it when my 3 year old 310 hasn't missed a beat. I just can't break the damn thing.

Guest Gimili

Is that firm, or 'firm with added cement'? I'd love to be all over this, but can't justify it when my 3 year old 310 hasn't missed a beat. I just can't break the damn thing.

Go for a swim at husky and get someone to tap your wrist, the band will snap and sink to the bottom of j bay. Actually, with a d day of feb, perfect timing, order this, do huski, let the existing garmin product fail as per past performance, come out of the swim, slap on the 910 and good to go.

Seems like a great deal and no doubt the 910 will have fixed the shit sandwich product of the 310 wrist strap.

Edited by Gimili

Guest Gimili

Bj7,could you confirm if garmin have solved the wrist strap issue of them snapping cause they have a great product beyond the strap , the 500's are awesome , the 310 was too, except for the strap.

Happy for you to quote garmin as opposed to your opinion

Edited by Gimili

Gim

Have a looksee at this from dc rainmaker

the strap pins look like they go through the plastic of the watch rather then into a recess.

IMG_1648_thumb.jpg?imgmax=800IMG_1325_thumb.jpg?imgmax=800

QuickRelease2pd-01-lg_thumb%255B8%255D.jpg?imgmax=800

3) The major difference between FR310XT strap and FR910XT strap is the use of actual screws to lock in strap, versus little 'pins' in the past. You have to unscrew both sides. Maybe a video is in order...

Seems it's the same as the newer 310xt quick release band.

I am hearing that this is now delayed until Feb, but it sounds like there is different info flying around.

I put a deposit down about 3 weeks ago, the shop told me second week of December delivery. As late as a week ago when I popped in, they told me I would have it this week. Anyone heard the latest?

Seems like a great deal and no doubt the 910 will have fixed the shit sandwich product of the 310 wrist strap.

I lost my 310xt at the 70.3 race in Canberra recently through a tap on the wrist as we rounded the last buoy, not happy jan !

This on top off having to pay $218 or a replacement watch after the display went bell up on the original plus another $100 for a new hrm as the original stopped working. After opening up the old strap to check that the battery hadn't come loose only to find all rust in side.

So, $440 for original bundle in march 2010 + $218 or replacement + $100 for new hrm all adds up to a damn expensive watch. Unless the 910XT addresses the qr wrist strap issue am not sure if I will go back to them.

Spoke to Garmin and they 'may' replacing this watch under warranty, if i get a Stat Dec to them duly signed and witnessed.

Edited by swanny

Will be interesting to see if Garmin ship the Vector in March like they have been saying..

Just so everyone knows.......we have now passed 50% of the pre-orders we can take in only 12 days so if you want one then id suggest sooner rather than later.

Guest Gimili

Let us know how it goes once you submit stat dec

yes, if they replace there might be a few following suit...... might need some details to quote but will happily wait and see if they do

yes, if they replace there might be a few following suit...... might need some details to quote but will happily wait and see if they do

Spoke to Garmin on Friday and approval for the warranty replacement was given whilst I was talking to them. Replacement will be despatched on Monday and it should be received a couple of days later.

To Garmin I say thank you for being so understanding, I will also say that I will not be trusting the quick release kit again until such time a more reliable method is introduced.

Hey Everyone,

Through the shop that I am working in I have been given permission to accept pre-orders for the new Garmin 910XT bundle at an awesome price.

The bundle has an RRP of $449. HOWEVER, I am taking pre-orders at a price of $349 if you order it through me.

If you require any more details or want to order then get in touch at:

benjo88@bigpond.com

Cheers

i want one, how do i get u the deposit ?