Sign in to follow this  
Steno

Zipp 808 with Powertap Pro+

I will jump in again :) i sold a set of 2010 606 zipps for 1600 a few weeks ago. I kmow this is a powertap but i am thinking a bit less than 1500

Ok, I will ask the same question as Timmay? Is my price to high? :confused1:

I would have thought someone would be all over this for a Christmas present to themselves. Seems $$$ are drying up. A couple of years ago, you would have sold something on tritrade in a mater of minutes.

don't think its the price, the rubbing of the wheel is the concern

don't think its the price, the rubbing of the wheel is the concern

So if I spend $30 on stickers, I would sell? :confused1: The rubbing has not scratched the wheel at all.

If that is an issue for anyone, I will offer you an inspection and refund if it is an issue for you...

As in: if you live interstate, I will send you the wheel at my cost. You can look at it and if you think the wheel rub is an issue, you pay for postage back to me and I will refund you what you paid for the wheel - 7 days to notify me seems fair.

Edited by Steno

So if I spend $30 on stickers, I would sell? :confused1: The rubbing has not scratched the wheel at all.

If that is an issue for anyone, I will offer you an inspection and refund if it is an issue for you...

As in: if you live interstate, I will send you the wheel at my cost. You can look at it and if you think the wheel rub is an issue, you pay for postage back to me and I will refund you what you paid for the wheel - 7 days to notify me seems fair.

Probably better to take the sticker off and take a pic so that we can see it is damage free

Probably better to take the sticker off and take a pic so that we can see it is damage free

On the other hand... I may get I don't want to buy it without stickers... Also when you see it, you realise it was just a fool who didn't line it up properly in a P2..... :blush:

The wheel rub is not an issue mate. I think the price is fair but not something I'd consider a "great deal". Just the other day on Competitive Cyclist you could get a pair of 404s for $1,050.

I know it's a different wheel and has a powertap hub but when you think about the practicality of it, if I don't have a front wheel already, there's another few hundred (at least) that I need to spend plus a powertap computer head and all of sudden you're better off getting a set brand new.

So for someone with a front wheel (clincher) and maybe a Garmin watch at home this purchase might make sense, otherwise it is not that attractive.

But as I said, I think the price is fair but only a limited audience would be able to "take advantage of it".

The wheel rub is not an issue mate. I think the price is fair but not something I'd consider a "great deal". Just the other day on Competitive Cyclist you could get a pair of 404s for $1,050.

I know it's a different wheel and has a powertap hub but when you think about the practicality of it, if I don't have a front wheel already, there's another few hundred (at least) that I need to spend plus a powertap computer head and all of sudden you're better off getting a set brand new.

So for someone with a front wheel (clincher) and maybe a Garmin watch at home this purchase might make sense, otherwise it is not that attractive.

But as I said, I think the price is fair but only a limited audience would be able to "take advantage of it".

as a person who is considering this deal verus a new wheel, the wheel rub is an issue and maybe a couple of hundred less. Only concern is I would want to see the wheel surface without the sticker, some people like stickers I would buy new ones as I care about the wheels integrity more than I care about the sticker.

Surely if there was damage you would also see some trace marks/scratching on the wheel proper (where there are no stickers...) There is nothing.

And to please

$1350

I only say the wheel rub is not an issue because I know Steno has been around here for a while and I would trust what he is saying.

Even in the event of someone deciding to buy this off him and discovering that it did actually have some damage to the wheel surface, I am 100% confident he would take the wheel back with no questions asked.

Wheel rub an issue? Steno perhaps you should also point out that the braking surface has been used.

Think the value of powertap is not going too well with all of the new power bits and pieces coming onto the market. I picked up mine for $400 (including the head unit but without the tool or wheel cover) and there wasn't a rush of other people to shove out of the way to get it either, it stayed on another forum for over a week before I thought I'd give it a go. It's not intergrated into a Zipp, but is a pretty good wheel all the same (no carbon or deep dish) and I can use it all the time for training / commuting and racing. So I think you have the double whammy of getting someone to buy a zipp wheel and the powertap as well, which they may only use for racing.

Having said that though, anyone even thinking about getting into using power for training is crazy not to get one. There's been a few for sale on there lately and I'm surprised they don't move a bit quicker

Wheel rub an issue? Steno perhaps you should also point out that the braking surface has been used.

the sticker was significantly scored, I have no reason not believe steno, that the wheel is not damaged, but I also don't know him. He is prepared to stand by his product and offer money back, which is good.

braking surfaces are supposed to worn, wheel faring is not, but he is pointing out that it is only the sticker.

Edited by BarryBevan

If it helps... I will throw in a Front Zipp 404 with custom black Sapin spokes and DT Swiss Hub.....

This is in perfect condition and done less than 400km.

$2000 for a complete set...

404 front, 808 back and disc cover. Everything you need!

gutted as I would have gone for this with my eyes closed. just bought a set of Cosmic Carbones. I hate you!!!!

BarryBevan will be pleased.

not sure what your point is, I would have bought the wheel(s) if you had not interjected with your remarks. I am happy as I have a brand spanking new 808 PT 404 combo

Ahhh boys... these things happen.

If it works out as I hope it will, I may have a brand new 808 powertap and lightly used 404 for sale :lol:

Right- so my remarks stopped you from buying the wheels. The part where i pointed out that the braking surface had been used. Of course that was the part that put you off..

My point from my previous point is that buy not buying it from Steno, you have just saved your self the hassles of what he is going through and instead have a brand new 808 PT 404 combo.

"Right- so my remarks stopped you from buying the wheels. The part where i pointed out that the braking surface had been used. Of course that was the part that put you off.."

It did

"My point from my previous point is that buy not buying it from Steno, you have just saved your self the hassles of what he is going through and instead have a brand new 808 PT 404 combo."

Yes I do and I am grateful for that. Hope the warranty gets sorted out as sometimes we just get bad luck. Like my LG washer dryer combo, 7 service calls

Sign in to follow this