Sign in to follow this  
The Customer

High School Reunions

I had my 20 year reunion a couple of months ago

Being the only Ironman in the room is kind of fun...

How did they know there was a Ironman in the room?

Edited by Rocket Salad

unfortunately i find it pretty easy to detect 'an ironman' in the room- they usually make themselves pretty well known. I usually find the wanker talking above everyone else, drinking water at a pub from a 'bidon', and dripping in Ironman gear- the visor, the watch, the shirt from 10 years ago. they usually have to leave early for a huge session the next day, despite limping out of the room because of an old injury. . Personally, I hate any of that crap. nothing more draining than having to explain why you do what you do for 'enjoyment' to people who don't know anything about the sport. But then again, i have always been reasonably fit. Might be different if you were the big guy or gal at school, who everyone expected would drop dead of an Maccas OD at 35.

The only time triathlons were brought up were from people who'd seen my name in the paper over the years or who'd been googling.

The most annoying person was the chick who'd moved to Brisvegas and was spuiking her fashion boutique. By the looks of what she was wearing, her customers are probably 17yr old hookers.

Saddest was the alcoholic who was telling everyone how much money she used to make but could hardly string a sentence together.

The only time triathlons were brought up were from people who'd seen my name in the paper over the years or who'd been googling.

The most annoying person was the chick who'd moved to Brisvegas and was spuiking her fashion boutique. By the looks of what she was wearing, her customers are probably 17yr old hookers.

Saddest was the alcoholic who was telling everyone how much money she used to make but could hardly string a sentence together.

the brisvegas chick sounds like somebody I want to meet

There was a guy walking around with a metal detector and a girl with one of those huge red cartoon magnets

Because I'm friends with about two thirds of them on Facebook...

Edited by IronJimbo

I forgot to report back on mine which was last Saturday. The most interesting thing was how well women who has nothing to do with each other as teenagers were getting on with each other in their late fifties.

The incredible apparent age span visible a decade ago has compressed quite considerably. With one notable exception (much envy) we almost all look like our age facially, although some were scarily much older and dowdy. Some are grossly overweight, many are travelling pretty well, three died this year.

And one to sledge support at Emo's races. She started even later than me!

No I was just curious because you seem to be very critical of everyone, have you thought about what they may be saying about you?

Personally my best mates are all from high school and there is a lot of people I'd love to get back in touch, find out what they've been up to etc.

Each to their own I guess...

Critical of everyone? Not sure you interpreted that from what I wrote. Only commented on 2 people out of about 60. That's not 'everyone'.

And no, it never concerns me that they may be talking about me at all.

Critical of everyone? Not sure you interpreted that from what I wrote. Only commented on 2 people out of about 60. That's not 'everyone'.

And no, it never concerns me that they may be talking about me at all.

were any of them from team PIS

I have been going to school reunions every 5 years for the past 20 years. I organised a 35th reunion of our 4th form (year 10 for the young turds) last year. Had 55 people there. We are having another casual get together on the 25th Nov from our class. 27 going this time. It was a part of your life. The stries change or are different each time.

Enjoy and see how well you are with yourself.

FM

Did anyone see the really really really awesome episode of baywatch when Mitch (the Hoff) Buchanan went to his school re-union. In typical 'american drama' style, there was the football twat who was the greatest at high school, pick on everyone and still did it 30 years later. The Hoff was sticking up for a couple of dudes and told the guy off in a reasonable manner. Soon he targeted a chicky babe and of course, Mitch came to the rescue and decked the guy. Later he was walking with the chicky babe on the beach were they came across the football twat up to his neck in sand. The two dweebes burried the sucker with the tired coming in......

To cut a long story short...Mitch save the day again.... went back to the party and sang a song.

Doesn't get much better than that. lol

24 at our "Class of 75". Great time. We don't have any wankers (either that or we are all wankers). Started at 5.30pm and finished about 1am. We are arranging a golf day in 6 months with a BBQ back at one of the blokes places. All were stating to talk about next years pre christmas drinks as well.

Great bunch.

FM

I was the toast of my high school 20 year reunion 2 years ago...well, at least I think i was anyway. I told them all I was an elite triathalete, all whilst downing about 20 schooners....hahaha.

I am still pretty good mates with about 3 or 4, but thats it!! The rest I couldn't give 2 hoots about!!

Was an ok night I suppose...don't think I would go to the 25 or 30 year reunion though, they are a bit of a look at me, look at me, wank fest!!

If you are happy & content with your life, these things or people's opinions or jealousy's should not bother you.

I was the toast of my high school 20 year reunion 2 years ago...well, at least I think i was anyway. I told them all I was an elite triathalete, all whilst downing about 20 schooners....hahaha.

I am still pretty good mates with about 3 or 4, but thats it!! The rest I couldn't give 2 hoots about!!

Was an ok night I suppose...don't think I would go to the 25 or 30 year reunion though, they are a bit of a look at me, look at me, wank fest!!

If you are happy & content with your life, these things or people's opinions or jealousy's should not bother you.

what if you are not happy and content with your life?

You become a triathlete :smile1:

Haha BAM! Clarkey in form.

I thought school was OK. Can't say I'd want to go to a school reunion though - what's the point of it? Some people would be richer, fitter and have better careers than me, some would be fat, some would be divorced, and a whole bunch are already dead at a pretty young age. Naturally, at least one of them is a IRONMAN! But... the same goes for the rest of the population, right?

Rather go out with my current friends.

Actually come to think of it, it'd be interesting if the dead people came along. I'd go in that case.

Had the reunion of our University Rural Science graduating year (1985) which I organised on the weekend.  Had 24 turn up out of about 35 who finished, so a good result.  33 years on & I don't think anyone has dropped off the twig which is incredible.  People came from as far as NT, WA & Vic.

Good fun, but glad it's done & dusted, I'm rooted!  Some fool decided Port + Rum shots would be a good idea around midnight.

I foolishly let people stay at our house.  As you get older, that is not really so much fun....the Mrs didn't think so either! We like our own space these days.

Regular hard exercise certainly pays off in terms of how much better you age, even if it does knock your joints around :huh: Be interesting to know what role diet has played too.  Most of us at least a few kgs heavier than in 85, but two blokes I reckon were skinnier!  And one bloke had grown about a foot?????