hanging lake

Local Pool entry fee

I think that pool prices were cheaper when this thread was started in 2011.¬†ūüėČ

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

I think that pool prices were cheaper when this thread was started in 2011.¬†ūüėČ

I did not notice that!

Got pinged 8 bucks at North Sydney a couple of months ago, lunch time swim only had enough time for a K..ill never complain about paying $5.60 at the local pool again.

Cockburn Aquatic Centre in perth,50m outdoor, 25 m indoor.

Buy a 40 swim pass and its 6 bucks a swim.

Had a lane to myself at 4pm yesterday.

Had a swim in the pool in Monaco last august......11 euros about 16 bucks !!!!!!!

I haven't had to pay a pool entry fee in ages... I also haven't had a swim in ages :P:lol:

But the pool near me gives me the concession rate for being defence force :)

• Like 1

Our local public council owned pool closed it's doors to the public from 0530am to 7am on a Friday morning.  Squads and hired lanes only.

How's that for service?

Of course you are still welcome to swim in the unheated pool.

• Sad 1

Up till Xmas I had an "Unlimited Entry" pass for $100. It was great because if I only had 30 minutes up my sleeve on the way to or from work, I could drop in, get a quick km or so in, then shower & change. New managers took over, and the have a multivisit pass, but no "monthly" or "season" pass. Even with the discounted multi pass, it's not worth $4 for 20 minutes on the way home. 

I'm doing fewer, but longer sessions in the pool now.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

I'm thinking the same Ex. I'm looking at a pass for the aquatic centre at Olympic Park. I'm going to get a 25 swim pass which is valid for 12 months and see how I go. $7 a swim, and if I play my cards right I should be able to get the pool time in over winter, but I will use it for long sessions only, summer I will look at B&B.

Meanwhile my building has a 20m pool, so I might get some drag shorts and suffer dizziness from all the turning! (at least its free).

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

I'm thinking the same Ex. I'm looking at a pass for the aquatic centre at Olympic Park. I'm going to get a 25 swim pass which is valid for 12 months and see how I go. $7 a swim, and if I play my cards right I should be able to get the pool time in over winter, but I will use it for long sessions only, summer I will look at B&B.

Meanwhile my building has a 20m pool, so I might get some drag shorts and suffer dizziness from all the turning! (at least its free).

I'd be in the 20m as often as possible using it to do short ery fast reps like usrpt (or drills)

. 50 x 20/40 m fast on very short rest.  Max I'd do is 80m. So your longer reps in pool or open water.. 

$6 at the indoor 25 metre pool. From September to May, I get this 25m heated location for free (6am to sunset). 

FM

CBB6DF77-F5FB-42B7-8CD7-64C3D4FEBC0E.jpeg

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, pieman said:

I'd be in the 20m as often as possible using it to do short ery fast reps like usrpt (or drills)

. 50 x 20/40 m fast on very short rest.  Max I'd do is 80m. So your longer reps in pool or open water.. 

I was trying to figure out how to manage the short pool. The only other thing I could think of was kick drills.

And it looks like the 25 visit pass is only valid for 6 months.

Edited by MissJess

30 minutes ago, MissJess said:

I was trying to figure out how to manage the short pool. The only other thing I could think of was kick drills.

And it looks like the 25 visit pass is only valid for 6 months.

I reckon having a pool on tap you are crazy not to use it for anything, and especially for things that are a bit harder in big pool, or that you dont want to pay $7 for 15 mins/400m..

1-2 speed sessions  a week and 20m would be good distance to do APs superman kick one length then freestyle the next, or one armed drills, whatever..

if it is just a lift ride down to the basement it is so much more convenient than a normal pool... 

I once¬†paid ¬£6¬†in Battersea London ¬†to share a lane in a 25yd pool with 20 others. That was about $10¬†AU at the time ‚ėĻÔłŹ

I have to admit, my current 800m pool is great value. It may not be heated, but I've generally got the whole thing to myself, and it costs nothing. :)

And the added bonus is that I can pee in it, and it doesn't matter. When they use the dam for drinking water the residents of Brisbane get to filter it out through their kidneys.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2018 at 11:48 AM, Triatx said:

Cockburn Aquatic Centre in perth,50m outdoor, 25 m indoor.

Buy a 40 swim pass and its 6 bucks a swim.

Had a lane to myself at 4pm yesterday.

Had a swim in the pool in Monaco last august......11 euros about 16 bucks !!!!!!!

How much for a single swim? 

I'm probably going to swim there Sunday, staying at the girlfriends place this weekend 

And while I'm here.... 

That new pool in Scarborough had awesome opening hours when it first opened, but now it closes the same time at night as every other pool ūü§Ē so now, it's just another pool EXCEPT its exposed to the weather coming straight off the ocean.... Which will kill the attendances.... Surely it needed a point of difference to remain competitive and attractive year round?? They were offering 40 PER MONTH membership when it opened, not sure now though.¬†

Edited by FFF1077
Rant

I used to use a 25 metre pool at one of Melbourne's most luxurious hotels, but they put an end to that a while back when they started asking to see the room pass/key, lol.

On 13 June 2018 at 9:54 AM, pieman said:

I reckon having a pool on tap you are crazy not to use it for anything, and especially for things that are a bit harder in big pool, or that you dont want to pay $7 for 15 mins/400m..

I agree pieman and when I travel for work I do exactly that with the hotel pool. However, there is a draw back when you have a 25m heated outdoor pool on tap year round and have the "use it for anything " attitude. You do tend to overdo the swim miles and end up with one or two over use symptoms. Plus, you have to watch the amount of time you are actually out in the sun. Other than that it's a great attitude to have.