Merv

Sharks vs Broncos

AA7    990

What's his option? Channel Nine commentary team?

Hopefully he disappears. Cant stand him.

• Like 2

Oompa Loompa    652

How good was that game.

Drinking crownies with Cronulla Sutherland royalty watching the Sharks march through to our first GF since 97.

oh..... And I got first try scorer

#upup

BarryBevan    592

Nice stream of penalties given in key situations, evidenced by the 3 penalty goals, add in a try of a blatant forward pass. Hmm 12 gifted points.

And the long term benefits of a doping programme with players playing who should be banned. Seems like the league might want cronulla to succeed.

Oompa Loompa    652

its always been a class war against Cronulla Sutherland and I expect nothing different from silver spoon Lycra clad tri folk.

We have always had to defy the odds and defying the odds is what we do.

The high school teacher from Ulladulla is a genius.

#upup. #whynotus

Merv    120

I think for the sharks to win their first premiership, they need the raiders to beat storm.

On another note it was good to see thurston concede they were beaten by the better team

Parkside    731

Nice stream of penalties given in key situations, evidenced by the 3 penalty goals, add in a try of a blatant forward pass. Hmm 12 gifted points.

Â

And the long term benefits of a doping programme with players playing who should be banned. Seems like the league might want cronulla to succeed.

Â

So your position is that 1) the referees 2) doping and 3) an NRL conspiracy is to blame for North Queensland losing last night. Does that accurately summarize your thoughts.

You are absolutely dribbling.

1)At the game it was obvious Cowboys were 3 metres offside all night. Refs put their whistle in the pocket until they blatantly held down 5 metres out from the try line and gave them no choice, or kicking out on the full. What should they do, ignore a rule and pack a scrum? Pass was not forward, ref was perfectly positioned. N Qld late tries all on the back of ridiculous penalties coming out of their half. On reflection I think the refs did a good job. N Qld were offside and wrestling in the ruck all night, at times the refs played advantage where they would usually blow a penalty, and Cronulla went on to score or complete a set in better position. Listening to the coverage Thurston was lucky to stay on the field, another player would have got 10 instantly. Again probably good feel for the game by the ref, he was knackered and frustrated and giving away a kicking tee earns him latitude to stick his forearm into a tackled player or backchat. He is probably the best I've seen

Â

2) Doping program for 11 weeks 5 years ago, Dank was sacked once discovered injecting., 2 players left from that season still playing?? Seeing you keep bringing it up, completely different situation from Essendon where club and coach had complete knowledge of a season long program the year after Dank dumped by Sharks. Give up.

3) NRL conspiracy. Penalties 8-6. Nth Qld missed 55 tackles made 11 errors completed 74% and played their Grand Final last weekend. They were blown off the park at a Cronulla away game by the better side on the night.

Edited by Parkside
  • Like 1

BarryBevan    592

pens always get balanced out it is stream of pens at critical times that counts.

There remains some conjecture about the awarding of this try however, with the general consensus that the pass from Maloney was really quite forward. Check it out below.

"That was a deadset forward pass," Triple M's Bill Harrigan said.

Harrigan has a bit more experience than most.

Peter    1,563

A tale of two teams.

Cronulla in the grand final.

Essendon players only just allowed to return to training.

Great point. Shows James Hird really farked the bombers.

Have the Sharks ever won the nrl comp?

Tyno    1,330

Nth Qld missed 55 tackles made 11 errors completed 74% and played their Grand Final last weekend.

I think that's the key.

And the Raiders/Storm game that just finished would give the Sharks some hope that the Storm won't be able to back up either.

Parkside    731

I don't know about that. Storm controlled the pace, plenty of kicks into touch. I don't remember a club game with the pace and contact of Broncos-Cows last weekend, I thought they'd turned up the effects mikes the tackles sounded so fierce. Was always going to be difficult. Storm are kings of slowing the game, controlling the refs and grinding a result. I would much rather be playing the big Canberra forwards next week ( and no Leilua) than Storm.

I do think Storm weren't convincing at all, Edrick Lee learns to catch and Raiders win, Cronk didn't ground the ball for his try either.

Prince    258

What's his option? Channel Nine commentary team?

no, he would just turn his back on the commentary team and walk out each time Qld wins the origin.

• Like 1

Prince    258

I think that's the key.

And the Raiders/Storm game that just finished would give the Sharks some hope that the Storm won't be able to back up either.

I have no doubt the sharks would be able to back up once they ring Steven Dank this morning.

Merv    120

the first questions I ask myself are

Who would the NRL prefer to win the premiership ? eg expansion

Who has the profile players most supported by the public ?

Most people probably know the system can favour a particular side, whether that be 50/50 decisions or something else

I hope the sharks win, but they are up against it

Tyno    1,330

Sharks win would be a better story for the NRL.

Storm established and powerful already.

Sharks, traditional strugglers would play well in NSW press, especially once they tie in the Origin Gallen Vs Smith stuff again.

Peter    1,563

Sharks win would be a better story for the NRL.

Storm established and powerful already.

Sharks, traditional strugglers would play well in NSW press, especially once they tie in the Origin Gallen Vs Smith stuff again.

Former drug cheats V Former salary cap cheats.

There is no win like the Cowboys being Premiers last season for the NRL.

I personally hope the Storm win.

It wasn't the players that cheated the cap. It was management.

Whereas the players for the sharks were getting injections and knew about it or should have asked questions about what was being injected.

Ex-Hasbeen    3,802

Is Gallen playing?

I suppose if Cronulla loses, he'll take his boys off on a wander around the park while Smith is presented with the trophy.