Merv

Sharks vs Broncos

15 minutes ago, Prince said:

but you would think if the team is in the top 5, thats not bad and sacking a coach at this time spells doom for them to get to the finals. 

Have the board been taking the advice of some Pakistani Bookmakers?

• Like 1

Cleary's off contract shortly, what better way to keep him on board than to make way for dad.

Was there a conflict between the coach and "numerous members of staff" or a conflict between the coach and Gould. 

Call me Nostradamus but Penrith just offered Ivan Cleary a 4 year contract.

Jeez as a Tigers supporter... this sucks. Just when we thought we might have a bit of stability...

So much for "On the bus"

Anyways here's hoping Cleary stays. Though in rugby league there is NEVER smoke without fire.

The Anthony Griffin interview on NRL 360 was very good.  Confirms what moron Gould has become.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2018 at 10:08 AM, roxii said:

Was there a conflict between the coach and "numerous members of staff" or a conflict between the coach and Gould. 

Merv sums this up ^^

Need you cronulla residents to find out if Fifita has met the HIA protocols and plays this weekend .

3 hours ago, Merv said:

Need you cronulla residents to find out if Fifita has met the HIA protocols and plays this weekend .

Fifita slurred the last word of the 10 minute HIA after he stayed down to earn a penalty. HIA assessments are video recorded as they are performed by club Dr for NRL audit and Dr had no discretion, had to rule him out. He went berserk at being ruled out. I would be very surprised if he has not progressed through the protocol and you should put the housekeeping on him playing

• Thanks 1

Forwards aren't known for being the most eloquent of speakers at the best of times! :D

1 hour ago, Parkside said:

Fifita slurred the last word of the 10 minute HIA after he stayed down to earn a penalty. HIA assessments are video recorded as they are performed by club Dr for NRL audit and Dr had no discretion, had to rule him out. He went berserk at being ruled out. I would be very surprised if he has not progressed through the protocol and you should put the housekeeping on him playing

really ?  it all seemed legit, he got hammered in a tackle by Thompson

40 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Forwards aren't known for being the most eloquent of speakers at the best of times! :D

most blokes I packed in a front row with couldn't repeat 5 words or count backwards by 7 at the best of times

I think beating Melbourne has become more satisfying than beating Manly :teehee: (not that we seem to ever achieve the later).

The ref did his best to penalise the Sharkies into oblivion, but you gotta expect that playing Melb in Melb :rolleyes:

The skills & athleticism in NRL has gone thru the roof in the last decade, some of the tries down the touchlines are simply amazing.  Makes RU look like sumo jelly wrestling in leg irons.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

11 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I think beating Melbourne has become more satisfying than beating Manly :teehee: (not that we seem to ever achieve the later).

The ref did his best to penalise the Sharkies into oblivion, but you gotta expect that playing Melb in Melb :rolleyes:

The skills & athleticism in NRL has gone thru the roof in the last decade, some of the tries down the touchlines are simply amazing.  Makes RU look like sumo jelly wrestling in leg irons.

Melbourne are definitely the new Manly.  Mostly because of Smith, Slater and Gould.  Certainly made 2016 all the sweeter

Can anyone remember the last time Melbourne scored and Bee Sting Head didn't say 'UN - BELIEVABLE?'

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Melbourne are definitely the new Manly.  Mostly because of Smith, Slater and Gould.  Certainly made 2016 all the sweeter

Can anyone remember the last time Melbourne scored and Bee Sting Head didn't say 'UN - BELIEVABLE?'

Still, my life would be complete if the Sharkies beat the Silver Tails in a GF.....preferably by 1 point in Golden Point Extra Time after Manly finished minor premiers & the Sharks in 8th.

I was all set to tell my St George supporting mate to take Josh Dugan back at half time y'day till he redeemed himself with a 2nd half try.  Aaron Woods looks a bit cooked too. Valentine Holmes is a legend, what a natural & exciting player.  Feki & Erdic Lee also so v talented.  And even if Gallen shits non-Sharkie fans and they boo him relentlessly, you can't deny the bloke is a brick in the middle (and fcuk em anyway cos I like him :P).

14 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Still, my life would be complete if the Sharkies beat the Silver Tails in a GF.....preferably by 1 point in Golden Point Extra Time after Manly finished minor premiers & the Sharks in 8th.

Agreed, but that scenario would make my life a bit awkward

Every team needs a Paul Gallen, but we're the only team which has one.  Everyone else can suffer in their jocks  :) 

18 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Christ, you're not betrothed to a Manly supporter or something like that are you :o

Something like that...

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Christ, you're not betrothed to a Manly supporter or something like that are you :o

My sister is. Her husband has a shrine in their house with a probably close to a thousand items of supporters paraphernalia. Even has a shot of himself in a Manly jersey holding up the Provan-Summons Trophy.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Storm, Dragons, Panthers and Broncos are all in finals strife.  I havent really taken the warriors seriously all season.

Edited by Merv