Merv

Sharks vs Broncos

On 23/10/2017 at 8:20 PM, Oompa Loompa said:

tom toms saying ex tradies boss about to be running sharks.

anyway, old sharks do get old but never lose the fire..........

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/exleague-coach-warren-ryan-ran-at-victim-like-a-bull-before-pub-punch-court-told-20171023-gz67t6.html

Yeah good trivia question there. Not many would pick the Wok as a foundation Shark. I reckon he has been quietly dementing for the last few years. or just getting old and cranky

13 hours ago, Parkside said:

Yeah good trivia question there. Not many would pick the Wok as a foundation Shark. I reckon he has been quietly dementing for the last few years. or just getting old and cranky

love to know wether he or the club ever fleeted with him coaching us. dave waite too.

This motel is clearly crap based on the wall hangings, but on the upside, only an 8 minute drive to the Dee Why 50m rockpool to swim a few laps tomoz, prior to being eaten by sharks at the Manly Aquarium.....though surely they can sense a fellow Sharkies supporter?

ManlyCombo.jpg

This was a really good experience.  Sadly, this facility is closing in Jan as it needs $Ms worth of upgrades and the NSW Govt (RMS) will not put up the dough (they own it).  All the critters will be moved to other similar sea life sanctuaries.

Like A Sharkie.jpg

SharkDiveManly.JPG

10 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

This was a really good experience.  Sadly, this facility is closing in Jan as it needs $Ms worth of upgrades and the NSW Govt (RMS) will not put up the dough (they own it).  All the critters will be moved to other similar sea life sanctuaries.

Those bastards ripped me off about 30 years ago. They bought the rights to some photos to promote the place, printed the brochures etc then went broke and I got nothing - but they still got their use of my stuff. Pricks.

I did a shark dive there when I first leant to dive @ 1979 - it was fun but I'd much rather go back to Seal Rocks and do it in the ocean.

Speaking of Sharks, we had Michael Ennis turn up for a ride yesterday. 

Seems he is keen to do Ironman. 

"She noted Robinson felt competition to have well-dressed children, a new car and "keep up with others in social activities" and was not driven by narcissistic tendencies, rather "a dependency on the approval of others".

Pretty standard issue these days.  It's also what sends quite a few farmers to the wall :rolleyes:

quick quizz

Q.  Who was the most dominant forward out of the following

A.   Danny Nutley

B.  George Rose

C.  Stan Jurd

well word on the street and straight from the horses mouth, aaron woods has signed with sharks.   dogs paying some of his contract.  the horses mouth said it announced this Monday.  will be an interesting  if they do announce it and will be an interesting addition to the pack.

Edited by Oompa Loompa

If they get him boxing with Gal, shave his head and get him running off the fence from kickoffs I won't mind. Any of that headband, bum-on nonsense and he can eff off to Henson Park. They mustn't rate the wrong-end bloke much if they are signing Sharon.  Gallen definitely should be in his last NRL season. Prior is 31. Not sure Woods is a 4-5 year proposition but at half price for 18 months might be worthwhile. 

13 minutes ago, Parkside said:

If they get him boxing with Gal, shave his head and get him running off the fence from kickoffs I won't mind. Any of that headband, bum-on nonsense and he can eff off to Henson Park. They mustn't rate the wrong-end bloke much if they are signing Sharon.  Gallen definitely should be in his last NRL season. Prior is 31. Not sure Woods is a 4-5 year proposition but at half price for 18 months might be worthwhile. 

guess the low down is if he plays good, its a genius decision and you dunno wether whatever is going on a belmore has effected the will to play.  hope he goes good

Edited by Oompa Loompa
  • Like 1

Well dunno what happened as this wasn’t my usual source re all things sharks as it was the horse himself, and I don’t know the horse to ask why the month and not Monday as he said, but  you read it here first kids, Woods is a shark. 

If it's your same horse, he mentioned his scoop on FB today, signed a month ago, had to delay announcement until this week

Not unusual at all for an Amercan baseballer to be playing for one team in the day, be sold in the middle of that day and then play against them for the same opposition in the evening.

But Woods trained with the Dogs in the morning and the Sharks in the arvo, never heard of it in NRL.

can someone explain to me why the Panthers sack their coach when they are coming 5th? 

Seems an unusual position for the Panthers to be in.  Don't they normally sack their coaches when things don't go like usual?

When is a contract not a contract ............

Never seen anywhere that so little regard is had to contracts than in Rugby League.

but you would think if the team is in the top 5, thats not bad and sacking a coach at this time spells doom for them to get to the finals.