Merv

All things NRL

13 hours ago, Parkside said:

Maloney on ground after final hooter and Maguire hit him in head with a late swinging arm. Never replayed during live coverage as the game was over, was obvious something had happened. The bloke must have nudes of Greenturd, he gets away with murder.

Ok. Didn’t see that bit. That late in the game I had sort of switched off. 

13 hours ago, Parkside said:

Maloney on ground after final hooter and Maguire hit him in head with a late swinging arm.

18 seconds before the hooter actually, and saying he was on the ground makes it sound like he was not in play. He was upright & had passed the ball less than a second before the hit. And Mike was right, Maloney laid flat, then quickly propped up to watch what was happening, then laid back down in "agony".

I certainly don't think he was committed to it though, and rightfully will get suspended. It was just sour grapes on his part, but then I wouldn't have put it past Maloney to have niggled enough to get get under his skin.

5 hours ago, Mike Del said:

A bit of an exaggeration IMO. It was a little before the hooter, NSW were trying to keep the ball alive on the 6th tackle. Maguire was committed.... (maybe 50/50 to being late) to hit Maloney who just passed the ball and was low to the ground. He flew across the top of Maloney and hardly grazed him. In full view of the ref who like me didn’t think there was much in it. 

The give away was Maloney imeadiatly pushes himself up to watch his team play out the last tackle before dropping back down to the ground hoping for a penalty. 

Check it out on the Fox Sports FB page 👍

Just watched it again and again. Fellow dog-shot merchant Kafusi is lucky Maloney ducked because his attempted coat hanger would have caved his face in. Seeing Kafusi miss, McGuire comes in late and does the same thing while Maloney is on his knees after passing the ball.

31 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Just watched it again and again. Fellow dog-shot merchant Kafusi is lucky Maloney ducked because his attempted coat hanger would have caved his face in. Seeing Kafusi miss, McGuire comes in late and does the same thing while Maloney is on his knees after passing the ball.

But you saw McGuire actually missed and Maloney start faking for a penalty as soon as he saw NSW didn’t score and lost possession yeh?

There's is more chance of agreement in the politics thread than there is here :)

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

There's is more chance of agreement in the politics thread than there is here :)

Except when it comes to Manly.  We all know they are a pack of @#$%s 😁

• Like 1

I hate Josh McGuire and I'm a Queenslander. But probably not as much as I hate Maloney. They can take each other's heads off.

• Thanks 1

Maloney is a very good footballer.  Dont worry about  him .He gives as good as he gets. If NSW want to win the series, best just hand him the reins of the entire team. 

Edited by Merv

George Burgess officially a member of the grub club with some eye gouging tonight.

58 minutes ago, AA7 said:

George Burgess officially a member of the grub club with some eye gouging tonight.

If they're fair dinkum, he should get about 12 weeks. As he's from Souths, he'll probably get a $200 fine.

1 hour ago, trinube said:

If they're fair dinkum, he should get about 12 weeks. As he's from Souths, he'll probably get a $200 fine.

I pr dict 3 weeks

I will be a Blatchy in less than two weeks.

Carn the Blues.

FM

Edited by Flanman

19 hours ago, AA7 said:

didn;t he cop a month for eyegouging a kiwi in a test this year. If he was a queenslander he'd get a fine

Yep DWT for the Kiwis, this tough guy has eyegouged a fullback and a hooker. Blatant. Needs to be rubbed out of the game. Absolute rubbish. 

19 hours ago, AA7 said:

What I want to know is how did Robbie Farak identify the attacker....... he had is eyes closed!!!!

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

What I want to know is how did Robbie Farak identify the attacker....... he had is eyes closed!!!!

I think he got up and had a go at Cook at marker assuming it was him.

1 hour ago, Parkside said:

I think he got up and had a go at Cook at marker assuming it was him.

Yeah, was watching that  bit.

Its usually a safe bet to assume the other hooker might give you  a bit of niggle, so can see how he was mistaken.

I was 100% with Mbye asking the ref how Burgess didn't get sent off or even 10 in the bin, especially if the video review box could advise.

2 hours ago, Tyno said:

Yeah, was watching that  bit.

Its usually a safe bet to assume the other hooker might give you  a bit of niggle, so can see how he was mistaken.

I was 100% with Mbye asking the ref how Burgess didn't get sent off or even 10 in the bin, especially if the video review box could advise.

How can someone think they can get away with this sort of shit with cameras everywhere.

30 week ban for George Burgess sends a clear message by NRL Judiciary.

Luckily he receives 10 match discount for being a Burgess & 11 match discount for doing it to Robbie Farrah.

Will only serve 9 games

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2019 at 4:34 PM, Parkside said:

Yep DWT for the Kiwis, this tough guy has eyegouged a fullback and a hooker. Blatant. Needs to be rubbed out of the game. Absolute rubbish. 

Yes, but that was never going to happen.

Though the NRL claims Folau is not welcome in the game..........for the time being, at least.

There are bigger issues in rugby league then the Burgess bothers, like why chad Townsend has taken a crap option when the pressure is on to win the game three times out of 15 this year. 

Or why Cronulla didn’t want flanno, yet easts  sign him... and that isn’t to win a premiership in 6 years time but next year..... anyway what would the reigning premiers know about football, the idiots did even offer overs for chad.... lol. 

Chad is a serviceable tradesman at best.  Bit like a kingswood.

1 hour ago, Merv said:

Chad is a serviceable tradesman at best.  Bit like a kingswood.

The chad won us premiership in 2016, all the fans on the fans site say it.

I've moved on to 2019 and he is having a good season, he has just thrown two passes and taken a really dumb option when the pressure is in three out of 15 games.  Those six points would put us into second place on the ladder, appreciate each action is only 5 seconds in an 80 minute game but each time pressure is on, mistake, mistake, mistake.  Knights, Raiders, Dogs.

Another topic I’ve heard lately is about Melbourne and why they are so good year in year out 

they train hard .. they go over and over the basics week in week out 

they are accountable etc 

my thoughts are the Coach is a great leader of the team 

But the main reason is have they ever signed or had a dickhead in the team ? Proctor got pushed out after his coke scandal 

and Munster got the worth of Craig and has changed his ways

so if you look at it they have never had a Fifita , a Dugan , a Ferguson a carney they just simply don’t sign  dick heads or flick them early on every player plays for that team .

could be wrong but that’s my 2centd

• Like 1

Great interview with ado Carr about Melbourne somewhere.  Just talks about try celebrations, gets to Melbourne, does one, we don’t do that here, never dies one again. 

Yep !

Sharkies need their blue print 

even though we’ve had the wood on them lately... they wouldn’t loose to the bottom Farrking 3 teams ever not do they ever put in a shit performance yes they get beat but they are always in the game ..

except the 40 nil loss to Manly haha but they were on Dessie’s calf’s blood and in the middle of the Dank reign 😉

Nothing wrong with Dessie or Danks calf blood.  We allegedly won a premiership of the back of it and being saiary cap compliant for one weekend....... lol

oh,  we were dumb enough to write it all down re dank and allegedly dumb enough to throw flanno under a bus to try an avoid a payout on the final year of his contract, then hand all our computers over to the NRL......  lol.   Thank God nrl ceo gallop had gone to the soccer..... 

rugby league, breeding women haters, criminals and drug takers  since 1908 but only like you find in everyday society.... lol.   

Edited by Oompa Loompa

45 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Nothing wrong with Dessie or Danks calf blood.  We allegedly won a premiership of the back of it and being saiary cap compliant for one weekend....... lol

oh,  we were dumb enough to write it all down re dank and allegedly dumb enough to throw flanno under a bus to try an avoid a payout on the final year of his contract, then hand all our computers over to the NRL......  lol.   Thank God nrl ceo gallop had gone to the soccer..... 

rugby league, breeding women haters, criminals and drug takers  since 1908 but only like you find in everyday society.... lol.   

And don't forget our only Premiership was 'engineered' by the NRL hierarchy....and Melbourne being the big softies they are were presumably compliant 🙄

Melbourne have the leagues best recruitment set up. 

2 hours ago, Merv said:

Melbourne have the leagues best recruitment set up. 

And a history of salary cap oversights...

9 hours ago, pieman said:

And a history of salary cap oversights...

Robbie Kearns story is awesome.... alegedly the highest paid admin in the history of office administration in Australia.... girls on $20k a year had to teach how to turn a computer on after a salary dob in, "no his contract has a balloon once he finishes as he will be working in the office" .... oh, when people dob on the salary cap to the nrl...lol 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

And don't forget our only Premiership was 'engineered' by the NRL hierarchy....and Melbourne being the big softies they are were presumably compliant 🙄

spot on, lol. 

Alfie langer will be running the water for the broncos until the day he dies, to repay his gambling debts.

33 minutes ago, Merv said:

Alfie langer will be running the water for the broncos until the day he dies, to repay his gambling debts.

And terrible real estate investments

8 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

gees refs bad in newcastle v warriors game.  guy on koosbane and play just goes on......

Have to be told by a trainer that play must stop due to a concussion apparently. Frothing at the mouth and fitting not enough of a clue for the perceptive Bamfords 

Does anyone know how NSW have been awarded the series win?  Didn't Victoria win game 2 in the navy blue?:wink3:

Great game, thought NSW would run away with it after Cook scored that try, scooting 40 metres from dummy half.

Close, enthralling, not much more you could ask for.

Totally surprised that Qld were in the game at all. I expected a 20 point plus loss, but other than 15 minutes of shocking defence & dropping the ball, they could have won it.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Totally surprised that Qld were in the game at all. I expected a 20 point plus loss, but other than 15 minutes of shocking defence & dropping the ball, they could have won it.

100% agree, if they had capitalised on that first 30mins with another try and got out by 12 etc, could have been a different story.

But momentum swings in Origin compared to NRL are just so much more pronounced and dramatic, i guess thats why it is the spectacle/crown jewel of Australian Rugby League.

Side note, NZ toppling the Indians in the cricket was just as entertaining!

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The refereeing was garbage, especially in the first half.  The QLD defence were rarely back the full 10m and were often rushing up early, and not getting called for it

Perhaps the powers that be didn't want another big score after game 2?

Freddy and the Ch9 wank squad will remain spankers regardless the result.

12 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Ferguson should have got more kudos for that win, how he stayed in during that final play was great skill.

Bringing Ferguson, Trbojevic in for Mitchell and Morris was a master stroke (still feel Morris deserved another jersey for game 2), but Wighton to centres along with Ferguson gave so much more energy and intensity.

I wonder if Latrell's attitude was from confidence htrough form or he didn't like the structure etc, or all of the above.  Who knows, but he'll have his work cut out for him to make it back into that side if everyone remains fit.

11 hours ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Bringing Ferguson, Trbojevic in for Mitchell and Morris was a master stroke (still feel Morris deserved another jersey for game 2), but Wighton to centres along with Ferguson gave so much more energy and intensity.

I wonder if Latrell's attitude was from confidence htrough form or he didn't like the structure etc, or all of the above.  Who knows, but he'll have his work cut out for him to make it back into that side if everyone remains fit.

think latrrel might have not coped with the alleged doppleganger video release,  losing all form, had to take time of from the chooks, go home and has never regained form.  dont think it had much to do with structure or anything.  

I disagree. Unfortunate positioning and momentum looked accidental to me. Bloke was hard done by. Penalty and on report enough.

4 minutes ago, Parkside said:

I disagree. Unfortunate positioning and momentum looked accidental to me. Bloke was hard done by. Penalty and on report enough.

Have to disagree Parky, that's the worst tackle I've seen in years.

Send off was right and should get about 4-6 weeks. It could easily have been a very, very serious injury.

Fair enough nube, he got 3.

see plenty similar get nothing, yet you can eye gouge twice in a year and get a fine or put a playmaker in the head-bin for rest of the game and get nothing. no consistency 

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

see plenty similar get nothing, yet you can eye gouge twice in a year and get a fine or put a playmaker in the head-bin for rest of the game and get nothing. no consistency 

That was a bad one, I think any other like that would have at least gone on report if not direct to the MRC.

There are certainly some anomalies regarding injuries caused by foul play. As you point out you can belt a half or a hooker senseless and just play out the rest of the game then take a couple of weeks off to get over some niggles. Would it be too far fetched to think a coach might even encourage it for a player carrying a little injury?

As for eye gouging - should be a mandatory 12 weeks.