Merv

All things NRL

Right arm makes contact first, correct decision.

Screenshot_20180925-212738.png

I doubt too many  defence lawyers would be threatened by a NRL judicial hearing. Money for jam.

Merv can you change the heading in the first post to

all thinks nrl or something like that ?

The judiciary panel — consisting of retired first-grade players Bob Lindner, Mal Cochrane and Sean Garlick — then found Slater not guilty following its deliberation, lasting almost an hour.

12 hours ago, Merv said:

Billy don't be a hero, don;t be a fool with your life

Billy don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife

as Billy started to go she said "keep your pretty head low"

Billy don't be a hero come back to me 

William Shakespeare circa 1975.  The girls in my class loved that song, but me & my mates were more 'Fox on the Run'' & 'Ballroom Blitz'' (The Sweet) fans back in the day :D

• Haha 1

I don't care if he played or not. The integrity of the game has taken a hit, if it really had that much to lose in the first place.

10 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Once a GRUB always a grub 

blames speed for everything I call bullshit .

8F541D56-6A6D-482F-A44E-6A33A0B2AD31.jpeg

Thats a young Folau in the background

32 minutes ago, Merv said:

I don't care if he played or not. The integrity of the game has taken a hit, if it really had that much to lose in the first place.

Meh. Most shoulder charge defences have been successful since they changed the rule early last year (I think only 2 have been found guilty), and this was not as bad as most of them. That's why they halve the points if you plead guilty, so they don't have so many defending.

5 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

William Shakespeare circa 1975.  The girls in my class loved that song, but me & my mates were more 'Fox on the Run'' & 'Ballroom Blitz'' (The Sweet) fans back in the day :D

........ or Paperlace?  Also had that cracking hit, The Night Chicago Died.

41 minutes ago, lawman said:

:wheelchair:  :wheelchair:  :wheelchair:

• Haha 2

The game I'm looking forward to on Sunday is the NRL State Championship, Canterbury vs Redcliffe, a team combining Doggies forwards and Dolphins backs would be NRL 1st grade standard. Although coming a week after their state grand final wins it might come down to who spent less of the last week on the booze.

2 hours ago, lawman said:

Oh yeah, you are right Paperlace not good ole WS.

Who's playing at the NRL GF?  Whoever it is, should be more interesting than the actual match.  Was hoping the bunnies would get thru to make it a bit more interesting.

45 minutes ago, Riddos said:

The game I'm looking forward to on Sunday is the NRL State Championship, Canterbury vs Redcliffe, a team combining Doggies forwards and Dolphins backs would be NRL 1st grade standard. Although coming a week after their state grand final wins it might come down to who spent less of the last week on the booze.

:lol: Yeah as a doggies fan I've seen a few too many celebratory posts of Facebook this week for my liking. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Once a GRUB always a grub 

blames speed for everything I call bullshit .

8F541D56-6A6D-482F-A44E-6A33A0B2AD31.jpeg

Yep this was also my reaction too - he has so much form for dirty play, but seems to not have the reputation others do. Add to the sliding in with the feet the period where he was kicking out when taking high balls. I was also at Leichhardt the arvo he kicked out and hit Skandalis in the head - I'm sure he got a week or two for that too.

He's a love him or hate him character.  I don't see many people inbetween that range when it comes to him.  People think he's a dirty grub, or Mr angelic fantastic.

The take drug cheats so why not...

What's all the angst against the NRL for clearing Slater. 80% of shoulder charges have been successfully defended at the judiciary. He used nearly the same defence Burgess did earlier this season. If they'd drawn the line then it may have been different this time.

I’m not a slater or storm fan AT ALL, 

but I never thought slater would get done. 

All it was going to take was one frame of footage where he has a hand on him and there would be enough doubt that they would not want to rub someone out of a grand final. 

Im ok with the decision, but I do think it has  highlighted that there are different versions of a shoulder charge and slaters tackle was not the sort of shoulder charge the ruling was trying to stop. In any other era that tackle would not have even been called a shoulder charge. 

Storm were never really in the game. Have always been a Cam Smith fan, but maybe he should retire now as he is coming across bitter and twisted.

1 hour ago, Merv said:

Storm were never really in the game. Have always been a Cam Smith fan, but maybe he should retire now as he is coming across bitter and twisted.

Agree on all comments 

and I support the storm. 

I haven't followed the rugby league since Newtown left the competition and 'scafron' sp?, was used on field to treat almost any injury. However, I fail to understand how players can be given a series of painkilling injections, just so they can take the field. Surely this is performance enhancing? And they reckon cyclists are drug cheats. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Merv said:

Cos he hasn't been able to get his end away with his mistress for a the whole season...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, softy said:

I haven't followed the rugby league since Newtown left the competition and 'scafron' sp?, was used on field to treat almost any injury. However, I fail to understand how players can be given a series of painkilling injections, just so they can take the field. Surely this is performance enhancing? And they reckon cyclists are drug cheats. 

Even my mum said that. 

She said, how can a dr approve a player to start a game with a known broken scapula with numbing injections and think it’s okay. 

(I used to follow the Newtown jets. I lived in brown street Newtown. )

LOL 😂. Nrl. 

Rugby league superstar Greg Inglis has been charged with mid-range drink driving and speeding offences while returning home from an indigenous tournament.

The 31-year-old was driving home from the Koori Knockout Carnival in Dubbo, New South Wales, when he was pulled over by police on Monday.

Inglis was confirmed as the captain of the Kangaroos on Monday morning just hours before he was pulled over by officers carrying out speed enforcement operations.

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

LOL 😂. Nrl. 

Inglis - what an idiot. Double demerits as well.

Edited by trinube

12 hours ago, trinube said:

Inglis - what an idiot. Double demerits as well.

Much more dangerous to the public then the Bulldogs Mad Monday shenanigans, a minimum $250,000 fine coming from the NRL?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Riddos said:

Much more dangerous to the public then the Bulldogs Mad Monday shenanigans, a minimum $250,000 fine coming from the NRL?

Should be. 

He was done at Lithgow, I assume on his way back to Sydney from Dubbo. Bloody hell that's a lot of k's to be driving over the limit. 

On 26/09/2018 at 5:37 PM, goughy said:

He's a love him or hate him character.  I don't see many people inbetween that range when it comes to him.  People think he's a dirty grub, or Mr angelic fantastic.

what the hell was all the booing about? Pretty disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

Part of that was probably directed at the NRL

On 02/10/2018 at 10:31 AM, Prince said:

That’s what I thought a week earlier in Melbourne. 

• Haha 1

On 02/10/2018 at 10:33 AM, IronJimbo said:

Part of that was probably directed at the NRL

No, it was directed at Slater.  How bad was that dive he did in the game, right up there with the one he did on luke lewis earlier in the year that got Lewis sent off and he didnt actually touch him, he just took of like a poor mans super man. 

• Like 1

He's going to be a mentor or something