CORRYCYCLES

What do you want at the EXPO

Heya Transitions,

We attended the Mooloolaba tri expo again this year and had a ball, hopefully a few people also picked up a few bargains!

I just wanted to touch base with anyone attending Cairns Challenge and see if there is anything people would like to see at the Tri expo there? Something you would like to see for sale? or perhaps you have been to an expo before and couldn't find something you were after?

Open to all suggestions...

Cheers

Evan Corry.... Owner/Manager

Corry cycles

Heya Transitions,

We attended the Mooloolaba tri expo again this year and had a ball, hopefully a few people also picked up a few bargains!

I just wanted to touch base with anyone attending Cairns Challenge and see if there is anything people would like to see at the Tri expo there? Something you would like to see for sale? or perhaps you have been to an expo before and couldn't find something you were after?

Open to all suggestions...

Cheers

Evan Corry.... Owner/Manager

Corry cycles

Socks- bring heaps of socks................. :D:D:lol::lol::D

I don't know if I just didn't notice at the Expo, but there didn't seem to be (m)any bike bags.

I'll be looking for one at Port, that's for sure.

If yours was the stand with the bargain wheels, that was great.

If the credit card was healthy, I would have got some of them.

Negotiate with Challenge for a quality (in design and brand) event cycle jersey. As it's the inaugural in race AUS, they'd walk away. And don't forget women's sizes.

I generally walk through the expo as quickly as possible trying to avoid eye contact :lol:

Although, at Mooloolaba I needed to buy a wetsuit so did spend some time there.

But now I have one so will revert to my normal behaviour :lol:

I'll be in for a little bit of branded merch but on the bike gear side:

I'd love gas canisters for <$4 each!

Otherwise it's all the usual stuff - I buy goggles, running shorts, some compression gear, etc. Just my expendables really.

not to hijack .....but cheap co2 cannisters are here.

carry on :lol:

Yes but try to take them on a plane. I have a box of 30 but still have to buy new ones one race day ... then throw them out the day after race day.

Yes but try to take them on a plane. I have a box of 30 but still have to buy new ones one race day ... then throw them out the day after race day.

I've flown with them about 20 times now.

Just leave them in the bike box.

Never had an issue.

Mind you in the US the shops there let you buy them for $2 and sell them back for $1 after the race.

Clever considering people return them and get $3 back but then spend $20 on other stuff.

Never had an issue.

You've been lucky then! We accidentally left one in the bike box last flight and was called back after check in from the Virgin Lounge to unpack and throw it out!

have a box of 30 but still have to buy new ones one race day ... then throw them out the day after race day.

When I raced in Busso I gave my canisters to a very appreciative local who had also raced.

can you top the Urban Hotel girls in the chequered flag bikinis who were lying all over a huge bed at the PortIM Expo last year.......... :lol:

Anthing that cannot be taken on a plane.........I am happy to look after for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or exchange for a beer.

:lol:

can you top the Urban Hotel girls in the chequered flag bikinis who were lying all over a huge bed at the PortIM Expo last year.......... :lol:

Hmmmmmmmmm..............maybe something creative

Not make girls look like just "objects"

Edited by skel

Agree with previous posters, it would be good to 'see and feel' bike bags to get an idea as to how much room / quality of materials / weight etc. Without having to turn to a table of particulars. I'll be taking my bike in a cardboard box (worked wonderfully for hawaii) but happy to bring it home in a spunky bike bag if necessary !

I would be keen as for an event cycle jersey / tech running top though i'm sure there will be a plentiful range of event merchandise. An event visor is always good.

Last minute items like co2 cannisters, gels, powder etc. Are handy, and if i need any of such at the last minute i dont usually look too hard at the price.

Can i make a special request for NO scantily clad girls on beds at the expo !! :lol:

P.s. Love free samples. Of anything.

Of course there will always be the "I don't know who told you that" but when I left a cannister in my carry on, the lady held it up, but the guy said, no they are fine. They are allowed 1 each in the carry on.

Left one in the bike bag, the carry on and in checked coming home from NZ on Qantas and nothing said.

Of course there will always be the "I don't know who told you that" but when I left a cannister in my carry on, the lady held it up, but the guy said, no they are fine. They are allowed 1 each in the carry on.

Left one in the bike bag, the carry on and in checked coming home from NZ on Qantas and nothing said.

They have a UN number on them & are not allowed on the plane. I can look it up in the DG shipping book if you really want! but I really couldn't be stuffed.

You've been lucky then! We accidentally left one in the bike box last flight and was called back after check in from the Virgin Lounge to unpack and throw it out!

When I checked in with Virgin on Saturday morning I was asked if I was carrying any cannisters - I said no I just pulled it out in the car park. The girl on the desk said oh we are allowed to carry 4 per flight. So if you are early to check in you can obviously leave them in.

When I checked in with Virgin on Saturday morning I was asked if I was carrying any cannisters - I said no I just pulled it out in the car park. The girl on the desk said oh we are allowed to carry 4 per flight. So if you are early to check in you can obviously leave them in.

why only 4 per flight?

Can i make a special request for NO scantily clad girls on beds at the expo !! :D

Yeah me too- scantily clad guys would be acceptable though Evan :lol::lol:

why only 4 per flight?

So that it is only a small explosion & does not disturb the other passengers

There is a gas cannister under every seat on a plane. It's in the life jacket for quick inflation. A pissed off fisherman told me this when they wouldn't let him take his fishing life jacket on the plane. He argued with them that it was similar to the planes jackets but they still wouldn't let him take it on board.

Ok... so I've had a good read through the posts and so far my EXPO will feature scantily clad men and women on a bed with whipped cream (Co2 link)...

I may not have made my self clear.... i said EXPO not SEXPO... :lol:

Nevertheless i like the way Transitions contributors think!

- We took bike bags to the Mooloolaba expo and moved a few, they are difficult due to there size to freight and display but we will certainly have some in Cairns.

- We were selling Co2 cannisters for $2 each at Mooloolaba and will do the same at Cairns, I like the return idea... we will do that so thanks :lol:

Sounds like we have most things people are after, I will email organisers about event jerseys and visors but i have a feeling they will control those fairly tightly.

CHEERS!

Evan Corry...

Corry Cycles

I am not going to carins but I like this idea ... a vendor asks, then delivers. :lol:

Never had an issue.

Not being one to dramatise the trivial, but as a pilot, this is serriously bad ju-ju.

Yeah, I saw your bike bags there. Tyno must have been blinded by something!

Picked up some cheap tubes from you guys. Never go wrong with those. Love the jersey idea.

Probably a silly idea to mention since you obviously want people to being their bikes to you - but how about some demonstrations on basic everyday bike maintenance. Not necessarily the pull it apart and rebuild thing, and not even the full service that many would have before a key race. But maybe a demo on what the average person should be looking at each week when they ride? What to tighten, what to grease or clean. And also describe the little problems that can arise so that people know what to be looking for so they can come in and get a problem fixed while it's small before it gets big. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that can't adjust a derailer or their brakes or something simple like that, which could have a big affect on an upcoming ride. Not suggesting you put yourselves out of business buy giving away all your secrets, but I'm sure there are some things that every person should know about their bike. Then maybe you could get rid of some cleaning/repair stuff as well.

Every month there's someone on here asking about lights, so maybe that's something else to look at. Especially if it's something that ou can fit to a tri bike. It is entering winter (will be by Cairns) so people will be doing some of their long rides in the dark.

They have a UN number on them & are not allowed on the plane. I can look it up in the DG shipping book if you really want! but I really couldn't be stuffed.

WRONG!!!!!!!!

from Virgin............

Carbon Dioxide Gas Cartridges for the Operation of Mechanical Limbs: These items are permitted in quantities for the duration of the flight.

Life Jackets: One life jacket and two spare cartridges are permitted as carry-on or checked-in baggage as long as the compressed cartridges contain carbon dioxide or other non-flammable gas. You must tell the check-in agent that you are travelling with a life jacket and or spare cartridges.

furthermore............

Ammunition (cartridges for weapons): You are permitted to take quantities not exceeding 5 kilograms of ammunition in checked-in baggage only that is classified in Division 1.4s UN0012 or UN0014. You are not permitted to combine more than the amount permitted for one person.

from Qantas.....

Non-flammable gas cylinder fitted into a life jacket containing carbon dioxide or other suitable gas in Division 2.2, up to two (2) small cylinders per passenger, and up to two (2) spare cartridges.

Non-flammable, non-toxic gas cylinders worn for the operation of mechanical limbs. Also, spare cylinders of a similar size if required to ensure an adequate supply for the duration of the journey.

In my experience both of the above airlines have no problem with CO2 cylinders being in checked in baggage. Tell them when checking in and I have had no problems..............

carry on :lol:

I watched a screen as a UPS 747 came screaming in to land on fire then saw the massive charred wreckage lying all over the ground because some f-kwit did not declare certain dangerous goods therefore they were not stored correctly. If you are so cheap as to not get your CO2 at the race location then you should skip the $700 entry fee. Alarmst? Sould have thought so before I saw what 200 tonnes of metal looks like after hitting the grount at 700km/hr.