Sign in to follow this  
Oakley Global Sports

Live from Kona and the Oakley Safe House - Team Oakley Poised for Domi

I rarely mention it but thanks for bringing it up again Mank. In fact I sat with a woman at the World Cycling Champs who went on and on about how a past BF got a lottery spot for kona and how hard it was. I never mentioned my race history once.

I know how you feel - I rarely shit stir either.

I experienced the other end of the spectrum today; guy rides up next to me and says "jeez mate can you tow me home? I've been riding 5.5 hours!". Turns out it was just a conversation starter; he rode next to me for about 500m by which time I had his entire athletic history including which races he'd won. I was quite bemused by it all. Mind you, he was a really friendly bloke and that's a damn sight better than most of the miserable pricks plugging up and down Beach Rd.

Actually I've almost become Gimil-esque in my wonderment at the rudeness of folks. eg. I went for a trot in Jells Park this week; a lovely little spot, lots of space and winding paths, wetland areas, wildlife, quiet, and just the odd power pylon or two. Sort of space that makes you happy to be alive. My mate and I run past a bloke, I say "gday", and we get a look like his mum just died and we called her a slut. In 8km of running, I saw about 12 other people out and about, and the only ones you could get a smile off were the old blokes walking dogs. Runners of the world unite ('cos you might as well be miserable together).

Also I don't like people with bark-y dogs that leave them home alone and seem to have no idea they bark a lot. I hope that their dog gets pissed off one day and bites their face off.

Hey OGS, were those Oakley's Macca was wearing? They made him go very fast? How come Welchy had ditched his Oakleys when he was interviewing him on Ironmanlive?

Guest Gimili
I know how you feel - I rarely shit stir either.

I experienced the other end of the spectrum today; guy rides up next to me and says "jeez mate can you tow me home? I've been riding 5.5 hours!". Turns out it was just a conversation starter; he rode next to me for about 500m by which time I had his entire athletic history including which races he'd won. I was quite bemused by it all. Mind you, he was a really friendly bloke and that's a damn sight better than most of the miserable pricks plugging up and down Beach Rd.

Actually I've almost become Gimil-esque in my wonderment at the rudeness of folks. eg. I went for a trot in Jells Park this week; a lovely little spot, lots of space and winding paths, wetland areas, wildlife, quiet, and just the odd power pylon or two. Sort of space that makes you happy to be alive. My mate and I run past a bloke, I say "gday", and we get a look like his mum just died and we called her a slut. In 8km of running, I saw about 12 other people out and about, and the only ones you could get a smile off were the old blokes walking dogs. Runners of the world unite ('cos you might as well be miserable together).

Also I don't like people with bark-y dogs that leave them home alone and seem to have no idea they bark a lot. I hope that their dog gets pissed off one day and bites their face off.

funny you know, we were out riding yeaterday and I pretty much nod at everyone these days, some like roxii wave back, some like jabbs hang on at 900 watts and have a chat.... anyway, we are on top of waterfall off ramp working out whether to go straight into the park or head to sublime, as we are doing this a group of 15 or so bush walkers come buy, all past 50 I would suggest, lugging 15litre packs minimum, one stops and has a decent chat, doesn't say who he is or anything, I wonder how many people would have thought whose this bloke interupting the ride etc. It was Bob Telfer.

Hey OGS, were those Oakley's Macca was wearing? They made him go very fast? How come Welchy had ditched his Oakleys when he was interviewing him on Ironmanlive?

Well, smart one, how about 8 of the top 10 men, including Andreas Raelert. And the women's winner, Mirinda - plus the rest of the solid men's and women's performers. We'll take it, thank you.

And for the record, Welchy doesn't wear product on camera. People already know that he's Oakley. Glad you enjoyed listening to his amazing, Ironman Champ commentary all...day...long.

Edited by Oakley Global Sports

I rarely mention it but thanks for bringing it up again Mank. In fact I sat with a woman at the World Cycling Champs who went on and on about how a past BF got a lottery spot for kona and how hard it was. I never mentioned my race history once.

Just a pet peeve of mine - salesmen who assume they are more intelligent and more experienced than their audience, and lay on the sales jargon such as 'hydrophobic', 'optimize your vision', 'optimized periphery vision', 'performance enhance'.

Chrissie won Kona on her first try without sunglasses or a sunvisor.

Oakley - Oh, what a feeling!

Hate all you want. The fact is, a whole lot of (and I mean A LOT) the top pros in many sports choose Oakley - sponsored or unsponsored. Not to mention, youth sports. That's a fact. Triathlon, Baseball, Golf, Football and Hockey are prime examples. (Wouldn't be surprised to see you in one :lol: ). There's a reason. They know they're wearing quality and technology made for active sports. Enough said.

Guest Gimili
Hate all you want. The fact is, a whole lot of (and I mean A LOT) the top pros in many sports choose Oakley - sponsored or unsponsored. Not to mention, youth sports. That's a fact. Triathlon, Baseball, Golf, Football and Hockey are prime examples. (Wouldn't be surprised to see you in one :lol: ). There's a reason. They know they're wearing quality and technology made for active sports. Enough said.

look mate, you broke an old old unwritten trannie rule in starting this thread so it isn't hate people are proffering, just defending the place and its history from adverterials from two minute wonders but I admire your willingness to keep coming back, as such, I'm going to add a name that you haven't mentioned to add some credibility to your posting and not just for you, but for all the trannies out there.

Slippery Morris wears Oakley.

You are not doing your brand any favours Oakley Guy. I have always found them over priced but now I will remember your antics here as well. Not a big problem in the grand scheme for your bottom line OI am sure but I would guess your boses would prefer this thread never happened.

You are not doing your brand any favours Oakley Guy. I have always found them over priced but now I will remember your antics here as well. Not a big problem in the grand scheme for your bottom line OI am sure but I would guess your boses would prefer this thread never happened.

Just returning the favor - this is a discussion board isn't it? Lengthy discussion=good. Would you rather we not respond to posts that attack our posts?

I don't care either way. You are the one with the product that has a reputation or otherwise. These people taking the pis out of you are potential customers.

Do a search on this site for

Ceepo

Speedo

Gravity Zero

You have unwittingly (witlessly?) made yourself a punch line.

Well, smart one, how about 8 of the top 10 men, including Andreas Raelert. And the women's winner, Mirinda - plus the rest of the solid men's and women's performers. We'll take it, thank you.

And for the record, Welchy doesn't wear product on camera. People already know that he's Oakley. Glad you enjoyed listening to his amazing, Ironman Champ commentary all...day...long.

Oh yes, my bad. I forgot that the title of your thread was 'Team Oakley was poised for domination', which apparently means not winning the actual event?

Good that you brought up Raelert, reminded me how the non Oakley wearing Macca pumped him over the last 5k's, maybe Raelert's glasses fogged up when he got some water at that second last aid station.

Only thing going on all day long around here is your bs. I don't care which athlete wears Oakley's, it's not going to make me buy them, but like anyone else I am swayed by advertising, and your attempt here has been a massive fail.

Last time I looked, triathlon is about swimming, riding and running as quick as you can, what type of glasses you wear, if any, means SFA.

Can you report back to your masters that your attempt at advertising has lost one more customer please.

Edited by Wronggenes

Out of interest... out of the top 8 of 10, how many are not sponsored?? Will help to back up your story on wearing quality and technology....

Also I am guessing you are American and don't quiet understand how business is done in Australia? Care to comment where you reside?

Finally, quiet good friends with some of the guys from Oakley Australia. I look forward to their review of this thread on Monday. Offending current and potential customers really can't be good for business. I own three pairs of Radar's and 5 lenses.. I won't be owning another pair, just another drop of the Oakley's ocean has now evaporated due to your ignorance of Australian customer service.

You know though, that all of us posting in here is doing exactly what he wanted and giving Oakley exposure, be it good or bad.

I had a pair of those as well, great sunnies.

Rattie, I believe they did a re-release of some "classics", the blades and the frogskins were in there I think.

http://au.oakley.com/products/6221/22513

SWEET. Now I need to grow the mullet back and start riding my skateboard. Skate or Die.

hey Oakley dude I love your product

please send me some Serengettis as a token of your appreciation

if you have any other glasses optimised for the 8.10-8.20 ironman range Ill take them too

anything in the 11-11.30 hr time frame? maybe in a deep blue please...

I will be far better value than the front pros !! at least 3 extra hours of exposure...

Oakley Dave ( mmm catchy)

I actually like the sunnies, but bullsh$t Oakley dude is enough to make me just stop. Please make nice sunnies and stop with the thermo nuclear marketing crap.

So what is for sale here exactly? and How much is it?

Not advertising - just sharing info about our athletes. Keep in mind, although we do have the big names, that there are plenty of others in the race that are wearing Oakleys because they're flat out made for performance. There are more than 600 patents on our eyewear. And everyone, even the amateurs racing, get to enjoy the equipment. We support a great deal of people in the sport - even beyond our stars.

The stuff people are wearing in the race, big names or not, is specifically made for events like Ironman. Every equipment provider needs stars though.

Anyone noticed that from The Oakley Safe House to Chile

420-first-miner-420x0.jpg

:lol:

Now that is good marketing and product placement! Maybe our mate on Transitions should have a word to his peer about Marketing 101

I thought about getting a pair.

But I bought race wheels instead, :lol:

Next time I think about buying a pair I may buy a new bike.

I thought about getting a pair.

But I bought race wheels instead, :lol:

Next time I think about buying a pair I may buy a new bike.

... forget the new bike. You should get the Oakleys, they'll make you go faster. Plus 8 of the top 10 Kona Pros were given a pair, so if you wore them, you'd go top 10 too!

Edited by The Customer

This is great stuff but way to much exposure than this tool deserves. I got my last pair of riding sunnies from Bunnings for $7.50 and they are the shit.... :lol:

At schol in year 9, we had to do screen printing for art class. Nearly all of us made Oakley Factory Pilot T Shirts. Take that bottom line.

You may need to go back plaz... :lol:

wow , so many replies / views and in tri-trade , lets let this one die (with peoples perception of overpriced sunnies)

Edited by latman

Sign in to follow this