Sign in to follow this  
Oakley Global Sports

Live from Kona and the Oakley Safe House - Team Oakley Poised for Domi

You know our athletes. From Craig Alexander, Chrissie Wellington, Chris Lieto, Mirinda Carfrae to Terenzo Bozzone and everyone in between, Team Oakley is poised to dominate on Saturday. Follow them and scope out behind-the-scenes coverage of O Team Athletes from onsite in Kona - at the Oakley Safe House (exclusive house for Team Oakley). There are videos, full stories/articles, biographies and timely reports for your viewing pleasure. All at www.oakley.com/sports/ironmankona

Oakley Triathlon Manager and Ironman Champion, Greg Welch, will also be a commentator during the live webcast of the event on http://www.ironman.com . He also conducted the official Ironman press conference at the King Kamehameha Hotel today: Here's a clip with Craig Alexander and Chrissie Wellington commenting: http://www.facebook.com/...605857717&ref=mf

And keep a look out for some of our athletes rocking a brand spanking new, cutting-edge performance eyewear piece that's making its world debut this weekend right here at the Oakley Safe House (media will be in attendance).

Here's to an awesome day on Saturday!

Edited by Oakley Global Sports

Guest Gimili

great first post, love advertisements

how bout starting a thread when the race starts and closing it when the winner crosses the line and anyone that posts in the thread gets pair of oakleys - one pair only - would be good to see Oakley not only using the site as a vehicle to reinforce their high end sponsorships but supporting the people that support this site too.

Edited by Gimili

yoyo u can back me up here the guy justs said oakley athletes are going to dominate on race day. Macca isn;t in oakley but he's gonna dominate them all isnt that right :lol:

Nah, the sunnies I recently bought for 15 Euros are awesome. Can't justify $400 for sunnies. Plus, I've always loathed those whatchamacallem jawbone thingies. :lol:

great first post, love advertisements

how bout starting a thread when the race starts and closing it when the winner crosses the line and anyone that posts in the thread gets pair of oakleys - one pair only - would be good to see Oakley not only using the site as a vehicle to reinforce their high end sponsorships but supporting the people that support this site too.

Not advertising - just sharing info about our athletes. Keep in mind, although we do have the big names, that there are plenty of others in the race that are wearing Oakleys because they're flat out made for performance. There are more than 600 patents on our eyewear. And everyone, even the amateurs racing, get to enjoy the equipment. We support a great deal of people in the sport - even beyond our stars.

The stuff people are wearing in the race, big names or not, is specifically made for events like Ironman. Every equipment provider needs stars though.

Tell me Oakley Global Sports, if they're flat out made for performance, perhaps you might enlighten us on how do they make you go faster?

Edited by The Customer

You know our athletes. From Craig Alexander, Chrissie Wellington, Chris Lieto, Mirinda Carfrae to Terenzo Bozzone and everyone in between, Team Oakley is poised to dominate on Saturday. Follow them and scope out behind-the-scenes coverage of O Team Athletes from onsite in Kona - at the Oakley Safe House (exclusive house for Team Oakley). There are videos, full stories/articles, biographies and timely reports for your viewing pleasure. All at www.oakley.com/sports/ironmankona

Oakley Triathlon Manager and two-time Ironman Champion, Greg Welch, will also be a commentator during the live webcast of the event on http://www.ironman.com . He also conducted the official Ironman press conference at the King Kamehameha Hotel today: Here's a clip with Craig Alexander and Chrissie Wellington commenting: http://www.facebook.com/...605857717&ref=mf

And keep a look out for some of our athletes rocking a brand spanking new, cutting-edge performance eyewear piece that's making its world debut this weekend right here at the Oakley Safe House (media will be in attendance).

Say hello to Plucky and wish him and Sian all the best :lol:

Guest Gimili
Not advertising - just sharing info about our athletes. Keep in mind, although we do have the big names, that there are plenty of others in the race that are wearing Oakleys because they're flat out made for performance. There are more than 600 patents on our eyewear. And everyone, even the amateurs racing, get to enjoy the equipment. We support a great deal of people in the sport - even beyond our stars.

The stuff people are wearing in the race, big names or not, is specifically made for events like Ironman. Every equipment provider needs stars though.

even better second post, I agree, just read agassi's book, great plug for you guys in there, think someone dropped in a ferrari for his work, I'm just talking some glasses,

you also need the ordinary punter, without them....... and that's where I would love to see you guys take a punt on this site, open a thread for 8 hours, 20 minutes or so and put back into the people that support this site which has allowed you the vehicle, think you would also find a few have even worn your product so you would be supporting people that support oakley

Tell me Oakley Global Sports, if they're flat out made for performance, perhaps you might enlighten us on how do they make you go faster?

You read my mind.

Oakley Safe House (exclusive house for Team Oakley

WTF is that? :lol:

Is it a house where previously spontaneous combusting radars have been neutralised?

Sunglass abuse victims?

Retirement home for Factory Pilots who can't fly anymore?

Not a fair question (although it was purposefully spiteful). It's eyewear that's meant to optimize your vision in changing conditions/weather/climate and protect your eyeballs if you happen to crash/fall. Unless you don't like eye protection...

Not to mention, some are hydrophobic (resistant to sweat and oil) and are designed to not fog when you're running. And your periphery vision is optimized. If you happen to wear eyewear when you train/race, those things do matter. Less distractions.

Guest Gimili
Not a fair question (although it was purposefully spiteful). It's eyewear that's meant to optimize your vision in changing conditions/weather/climate and protect your eyeballs if you happen to crash/fall. Unless you don't like eye protection...

Not to mention, some are hydrophobic (resistant to sweat and oil) and are designed to not fog when you're running. And your periphery vision is optimized. If you happen to wear eyewear when you train/race, those things do matter. Less distractions.

if you can't do the glass giveaway, how do you feel about sponsoring engadine tri club, the sutherland shires premier triathlon club, you might have heard of it.....

Edited by Gimili

Guest Gimili
This guy is good Gim...he picked you in one :lol:

bit harsh coach@, i can certainly be in your face but merely playing :lol:

would add to, I'm giving him the opportunity to advertise his product even more :D

YoYo wears Oakley.

Radar Path w/Blue Iridium lens.

Y'know OGS, one shit thing about Oakley (actually it's two, no, three!) is that replacement/spare lenses are virtually impossible to get here at a store in australia, they are ridiculously expensive just for the lens, and lastly, you have f*ck-all options when it comes to polarized lenses for the Radar range.

Ebay reigns supreme when it comes to buying Oakley products, clearly the local retailers and even Oz Oakley Concept stores are copping a **** at some point in the price/supply chain.

Guest Gimili
This guy is good Gim...he picked you in one :lol:

would add to that was for the the customer, not me :lol:

You could sponsor us struggling shire representatives against those rubbish team PIS houso's at the next nepean keg busting festival..... :lol:

Edited by Royds

Guest Gimili
You could sponsor us struggling shire representatives against those rubbish team PIS houso's at the next nepean keg busting festival..... :lol:

agree would be much better to sponsor people round a keg than at a triathlon, actually could you shout a keg rather than the glasses

Edited by Gimili

And anyway....isn't it compulsory to wear a pair of Maui Jims in hawaii........?

Nah mate...team PIS will need the sunglasses because the sun shines out of OUR gluteus maximus's :lol:

I got a pair of Radar Paths with polorized lenses and they are good. But your Melbourne office sucks arse beyond belief. Both my M-frames and Gas Cans had lenses that delaminated and flaked off. Now if I paid $10 from 7-11 I would be OK with that but when I send the gear back in (under 3 year old) and get a call back saying "sweat and suncream will do that to the lenses" and "we can give you a discount and it will cost you $140 for two new lenses" I cracked the shits with Oakley and wont bother with them anymore. If the gear can't handle sweat and suncream despite being looked after and cleaned regularly then what's the point! Bit like a bloke whose bike painted started to peel, and the manufacturer claimed it was because of sports drink!

Rant over.

Edited by OneZero

But...yo man.... they're made for performance and events specifically like the Ironman..........wwhhaaatt?

Guest Gimili

and oakley advertiser, if you do happen to bump into greg welch in that safe house, can you ask him to post something in the attached link, it would be good for the peeps living the dream on here to get a few words of gold

http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?showtopic=23031

once you done that, email the secretary at Engadine tri club re the sponsorship, just tell her you would like to sponsor the world renown premier shire club of the shire, Engadine tri club - she might be able to help you out: debthesecretary@yahoomail.com

I think OGS has shutdown the Laptop and is in the Jacuzzi gettin' blown........

Guest Gimili
I think OGS has shutdown the Laptop and is in the Jacuzzi gettin' blown........

well yo, we all blow eventually......

PS. the new Oakleys are called the "FastJacket" and they are 100% on l'homme.....

No wonder you can win a marketing job at Oakley........

With this effort by the folk at Oakley, you may just become the vice president of Marketing if you win!!!!! :lol:

Edited by Steno

I'm usually hydrophobic at this time of year - ocean swims start this weekend and it's still friggin cold down here in Bass Strait :lol:

Gee, this thread turned out well for you :lol:

As opposed to glasses which are designed to fog up whilst running?????

if were talking sponsorship, then www.upunder2011.com. id be more than happy to accept some $$$ for prostate cancer research

Try running in humidity with other glasses and you'll see what I'm talking about :lol:

yes, yes, I've done that. Lived for 3 years in HK - the most humid place on Earth, and ran regularly in various specs. Don't recall any issues.

also done Kona twice in $20 specials from Rebel Sports. Oh the shame of it :lol:

Nothing I stuck on my face was going to help me in that hell hole.

Never assume The Customer came down in the last humidity filled shower.

Are you an athlete, OGS? Hope you can leave your work alone for a little while and enjoy the race. :D

Like Peter on a Macca thread, I will openly disclose my love for Oakley.

Since my first pair of Blades, then Mumbos (M Frames for the youg'uns), through to Radars and Jawbones I love em all.

Only drama I have is that they generally wear so well that I have trouble convincing the Mrs I need a new pair.

I Heart Oakley!

Oh and go Crowie!!!!

It's eyewear that's meant to optimize your vision in changing conditions/weather/climate and protect your eyeballs if you happen to crash/fall. Unless you don't like eye protection...

My Briko Zens from the '90s do all that.

In case anyone was interested: the brand new "Fast Jacket" performance eyewear was unveiled today at the Oakley House in Kona. Video: http://on.fb.me/bCnFOY

Terenzo Bozzone will be rockin' em tomorrow during the race. A few others may as well.

Cheers

WOW ! A fair diunkum unveiling with the black curtain being lifted and rent a crowd hanging around looking suitably in awe and taking photos ???

for the price they would want to make you go fast :lol:

Edited by milliner

yes, yes, I've done that. Lived for 3 years in HK - the most humid place on Earth, and ran regularly in various specs. Don't recall any issues.

also done Kona twice in $20 specials from Rebel Sports. Oh the shame of it :lol:

Nothing I stuck on my face was going to help me in that hell hole.

Never assume The Customer came down in the last humidity filled shower.

Are you an athlete, OGS? Hope you can leave your work alone for a little while and enjoy the race. :lol:

Transitions rule #14: no matter what the topic, someone, somewhere will find a way to mention they've done Kona.

Transitions rule #14: no matter what the topic, someone, somewhere will find a way to mention they've done Kona.

I rarely mention it but thanks for bringing it up again Mank. In fact I sat with a woman at the World Cycling Champs who went on and on about how a past BF got a lottery spot for kona and how hard it was. I never mentioned my race history once.

Just a pet peeve of mine - salesmen who assume they are more intelligent and more experienced than their audience, and lay on the sales jargon such as 'hydrophobic', 'optimize your vision', 'optimized periphery vision', 'performance enhance'.

Chrissie won Kona on her first try without sunglasses or a sunvisor.

Oakley - Oh, what a feeling!

Sign in to follow this