Sign in to follow this  
Hevents

Maitland Triathlons filling quickly

If you've never been to Morpeth for this event, then do yourself a favour. it's a classic old river township on the Hunter River. A great country tri that has been going since 1994 with all the scenery and friendly event crew, set on the riverbanks of the Hunter River. We are again the TriNSW Club Distance Champs and also offer a great last dig before the Port Half. The magies and cows are loaded and ready!! There is also a River Swim event on Sat and 4 and 8 km fun runs on Sunday.

With the skinny farm roads (in a couple of spots) and limited transition area we do have a race limit of 450 across both events, so get in quick.

Go to Maitland Triathlon and Multisport Festival

Will be my first tri since Canberra long course in 2001 and first step on the way to IMOZ, looking forward to it.

It's still a bit fresh in Newcastle in the morning at the moment though, it could be fresh!

I'm in for the MID :lol: I haven't done this race since 2006 but loved it last time I did it.

BTW does anyone know where to find previous results for this race (2006)?

How to travel to Maitland (from Sydney)? Any information about accommodation and public transport would be helpful. Is there a train station near the race?

Train to Newy then train to Maitland, or drive to end of freeway and turn left, only another ~30min past Newcastle. Not sure how close you can get to the actual race start using public transport??

Train to Newy then train to Maitland, or drive to end of freeway and turn left, only another ~30min past Newcastle. Not sure how close you can get to the actual race start using public transport??

East Maitland would be the closest, 5-10km from the race, but the Newc-Maitland service sucks. Cadge a lift.

Thanks tortoise!

It seems I need a lift! Who's got r0om for me and my bike?

Giiiiiiii

It is only about a 40 minute ride from Newcastle train station if you get stuck (easy ride). Not a lot of accomodation in Morpeth itself, but East Maitland has a bit.

Cheers

How long has the curent been involved in the race as they say its been going since 94, but I raced there in 87, I remember Ant Mckewon and Kim Hicks winning. Held in the same start area.