Sign in to follow this  
blair

I want a new wetty, which one is the most awesome?

I am going to start swimming open water again when it warms up a little. I had a look at my time tested predator, and after I brushed off the cobwebs (no seriously, cobwebs) I noticed that I've shredded the wrists a bit, probably from ripping it off back when I was racing.

So I want a new wetty. I'm not really up to date with what's new and awesome on the market, so I'm asking for advice. Are the big 3 still the best (orca, 2xu & ironman/blueseventy) or is there some new supersuit that I should be sinking my teeth into?

cost is not an issue, I just want awesome. thoughts?

I can't knock my two IM Stealths, one long and one sleeveless. They were both prizes, won within 24 hours of each other (rather one was the outcome of a silent auction, the other was a lucky door prize when I went to the TriNSW dinner to collect my Stephen Bradbury state champ medal). So I have a wetsuit wardrobe, it doesn't get much better.

Im stealth sleeveless are so good that some prick stole mine from transition at Canberra HIM in 2008. (yeap still dirty about that)

orca alpha looks nice, so does the 2xu project x... leaning more towards the orca at the moment though, it would bring out the colour of my eyes better

Do you wear 2 of them Damo? :lol:

nah I have an orca apex and had a zoot zenith before that... however would love to try a rocket science wetty if my size was instock, hopefully towards november there will be!

:lol: My Orca 3.8 is comfy to the max, fast as (well for me), and you can get a great deal from New Zeland with Swimt3.

Previous to 3.8 I had an IM Stealth and that was cool.

Water Rover.

What do you need a wetsit for? Going fishing?

Next you start asking what running shoes to buy...

I'm currently looking at buying a new wetty so this is a great topic for me.

My research has lead me to believe Orca was a bit flimsey, and Blueseventy was a bit more hardy. Hope that helps.

Im stealth sleeveless are so good that some prick stole mine from transition at Canberra HIM in 2008. (yeap still dirty about that)

I remember that! I'm still dirty about you not making me go to the Port Mac presso and me missing out on abrand new blueseventy wetsuit. Instead you made me have a sleep after the race. All your fault :lol:

I'm currently looking at buying a new wetty so this is a great topic for me.

My research has lead me to believe Orca was a bit flimsey, and Blueseventy was a bit more hardy. Hope that helps.

I havent bought a new wetsuit in a few years, but I always found the opposite to be true.

My Orca lasted years, in that time I had two IM wetsuits (pre Blueseventy) and they were holier than Mary MacKillop.

Water Rover.

What do you need a wetsit for? Going fishing?

Next you start asking what running shoes to buy...

something to keep me busy.

no I am not making a comeback to triathlon, the teschner will be set up UCI legal, the wetty will be used on recovery weeks and in the mornings pre-work when the weather is fun.

Edited by blair

Desoto T1 I agree i got mine a year ago (Not the most recent rover one that seems more like a space suit) but the T1 the two piece design is great don't feel the restriction of my arms and very easy and quick to take off.