Sign in to follow this  
garwood3000

Oedema of Kager's Fat Pad

Have been diagnosed with oedema of kager's fat pad.

Anone experienced this?

WHat training can or did you to when you had it?

What treatment did you use?

Just doing a search on this at the moment. What have you been told to do or that can be done for/about it?

Have been diagnosed with oedema of kager's fat pad.

Anone experienced this?

WHat training can or did you to when you had it?

What treatment did you use?

Use Google. I found a raft on information about Kager's fat pad while researching my own predicament.

Well oedema is fluid. Sort of like what you get in a blister. Cant be pleasant if you are creating more friction in the area. Oedema can be a byproduct of inflammation and infection. If you have ever had cellulitis or even a nasty insect sting you will get a build up of fluid. Sometimes if you press the area it will actually take a few seconds longer for the flesh to rebound into its normal position because of the amount of fluid in the area. Can they drain the fluid from your injury?

See a good sports Doc (if you are in Melbourne PM me and I will get you onto one).

Training within pain limits.

If it has been there for a while Sports Doc will most likely inject it. Normally settles it well

Well oedema is fluid. Sort of like what you get in a blister. Cant be pleasant if you are creating more friction in the area. Oedema can be a byproduct of inflammation and infection. If you have ever had cellulitis or even a nasty insect sting you will get a build up of fluid. Sometimes if you press the area it will actually take a few seconds longer for the flesh to rebound into its normal position because of the amount of fluid in the area. Can they drain the fluid from your injury?

Except generally oedema is within the cells, so direct drainage is unlikely to help, unlike fluid within a cyst. That horrible rebound in your calf can often be a result of high blood pressure so it's worth getting it checked out if it's persistent.

I would say that any training that does not involve Kagers fat Pad would be ok.......... :lol:

Seriously Bro...phone a friend......