Sign in to follow this  
nic

balance bands

People will swear to you that they have amazing balance, flexibility, and strength after using these bands. My friend claimed as much, and now he is totally wrecked. A placebo effect does not defy basic overtraining and underflexibility issues.

Show me scientifically how they work (other than "hologram technology" drivel the company normally spouts), and why it justifies $50-$80.

Hats off to the person who thought up these things, becasue he would be making a killing off people who just so happen to also believe in psychics and astrology.

Holy sh!t batman. Increases core strength and power by as much as 500%. I can't wait to get onto one of these and start riding around at 1000w.

Its in the Daily Telegraph and all the NRL players are onto it so my GOD it must be true...

Article

I have one - in the interests of science.

I have since stopped all training (3 weeks now) and now fully expect to be able to hit PB power on the bike, and have faster TT's in both swim and run on the weekend. I'll let you know how that goes ...

Guest Rentakill

Hand over your hard earned for some oxy shots and some nose stickers while you are at it and you will have the full dickhead rip off package.

Come in spinner....

Incidentally in relation to those nose strips, my missus bought me a nasal hair trimmer a few months back to get rid of the extensive foilage of rock wallabies in the nostrils and guess what? I can breathe better, expel snot better and generally feel more aerobically efficient..... am gunna go and trim a few more out and then go downstairs and get on the ergo and do a snappy set of 10 x 10min @ 1000 watts just for larfs.....

I have meet the block who has sales rights for the product in Aust (fiancées brother’s mate) he had some with him and handed them out and everyone at dinner thought they were amazing. But despite everyone one saying they worked when I asked him how all he could say is they ‘alter the chemical imbalance in your body’ when asked what ‘imbalance’ and how is could not answer.

As others have said they are bullshit, until a peer reviewed research explains their working without receiving rebuttal, end of story.

I have meet the block who has sales rights for the product in Aust (fiancées brother’s mate) he had some with him and handed them out and everyone at dinner thought they were amazing. But despite everyone one saying they worked when I asked him how all he could say is they ‘alter the chemical imbalance in your body’ when asked what ‘imbalance’ and how is could not answer.

As others have said they are bullshit, until a peer reviewed research explains their working without receiving rebuttal, end of story.

I have heard they are in tune with the vibration of your body. Seeing as your body and all its parts 'vibrate' at different frequencies there is no possible way this could EVER happen.

I did a test with one of the classes and I gave them a Livestrong band and told them some BS story about its benefits... it's amazing how much better their balance got and how much work they did haha.

Spend your money on Compressport or TP Therapy gear that actually works!

A mate bought one to see what the fuss was about, he isn't convinced that it works but has said that he feels ' a bit different' when he's wearing it.... he's still reserving judgement on it. I've noticed that he seems to wear it a lot now though.

A mate bought one to see what the fuss was about, he isn't convinced that it works but has said that he feels ' a bit different' when he's wearing it.... he's still reserving judgement on it. I've noticed that he seems to wear it a lot now though.

Liken it to not wearing a watch for a few years, and then putting a watch on. It feels 'a bit different' when wearing it.

All I know is I've got better things to drop $60 on before I'll try one......... in 12 months you'll be able to get 'em at the $2 shop!!

Incidentally in relation to those nose strips, my missus bought me a nasal hair trimmer a few months back to get rid of the extensive foilage of rock wallabies in the nostrils and guess what? I can breathe better, expel snot better and generally feel more aerobically efficient..... am gunna go and trim a few more out and then go downstairs and get on the ergo and do a snappy set of 10 x 10min @ 1000 watts just for larfs.....

For a second there, as I was reading that, I that you meant you were gunna go to town on the family jewels with the trimmer :lol:

So what does a Polarizer do Nick?

I'm sure I had one on my car back when I had a mullet.

Sounds like exactly the same as the balance bands, but on your car instead of your body. Just gets all your energy flowing in the right direction.

Speedy with a mullet? That's harder to believe than all the zen bullsh!t :lol:

So what does a Polarizer do Nick?

I'm sure I had one on my car back when I had a mullet.

The Polarizer was pretty amazing really, it was sooo good it was able to teleport Peter Brock out of the Holden Dealer Team.

Guest Rentakill
For a second there, as I was reading that, I that you meant you were gunna go to town on the family jewels with the trimmer :lol:

Get your mind out of the gutter..... when I said downstairs I meant the dungeon of pain aka known as my garage.... :lol:

..... and the missus probably doesnt need a trim.. :D

All we need is a gimmick, get Benji Marshall to wear it when he carves up and hey presto, millionaire! Maybe a we could come up with a core vest or something which is actually just a wrap to go round the abs and it will catch on...

just realised i saw a pt wearing one at the gym at fitness first - now i know they are a fake!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::D:lol:

Edited by fezza

Slighty O/T.. while I dont know anything about the balance bands or how they are supposed to work, I do know that my Mrs has very, VERY servere bouts of travel sickness and one thing that works a charm for her is the accupressure bands that put pressure on a spot on the wrist.

Slighty O/T.. while I dont know anything about the balance bands or how they are supposed to work, I do know that my Mrs has very, VERY servere bouts of travel sickness and one thing that works a charm for her is the accupressure bands that put pressure on a spot on the wrist.

How much of that would be a placebo?

Guest Rentakill
All we need is a gimmick, get Benji Marshall to wear it when he carves up and hey presto, millionaire! Maybe a we could come up with a core vest or something which is actually just a wrap to go round the abs and it will catch on...

Got my oxy shots as well...

It doesn't really matter, does it? If it is just a placebo, it still works. And I suppose it's the same with any of these alternative therapies whether they be for travel sickness or cancer. If the person using them really feels as though they're getting a benefit from them then they are worth whatever money they've paid for them. I suppose the issue arises when some charlatan unscrupulously targets vulnerable individuals with false claims. It's hard to know where to draw the line.

Maybe we can get together some sponsorship for the "Placebo Racing Team"

Oxy Shots, Newtons (Or Vibrams you choose) , Compression Sox, Nasal Strips, Balance Bands, Cramp Stop Spray and Endura for cramping as well.

Geez theyll have no excuses if they race like crap.

it never ceases to amaze me how stupid/gullible people are

i just wish i thought of it!

Oxy Shots, Newtons (Or Vibrams you choose) , Compression Sox, Nasal Strips, Balance Bands, Cramp Stop Spray and Endura for cramping as well.

Don't be dissing the Newtons! They come in pretty colors. Which I admit work as a better placebo than the funny ridges on the soles.

I dont think I could say for sure, but almost none.

If it was a placebo effect, then surely taking a pill would do the same thing, and that doesnt work for her.

And a Bible?

Guest Animal

Bahahahaahahahaha, this is hilarious

"500% increase in strength and stability" hahahahaha and that was from a Chiro!!! Must have been a f'n weekling to start with.

this is just too good.