ratdog

Karbona Group Buy

Im thinking about laying my hands on a Karbona TT Neo frameset and wondering if anyone else would like to help reduce costs by doing a group buy.

Karbona Website

drop me a line if your semi interested. Not sure of the exact price yet but the more we buy the cheaper abviously.

Ive heard really good reports about the bikes being super quick.

sdc10412.jpg

I have one, will post a pic when I get home from work.

Has been very good to me - super stiff, very aero and quite low at the front (make sure to leave a bit of length in your steerer tube if you don't run much drop). Seat angle could be a little steeper but at 76 degrees it ain't too bad. Also horizontal rear dropout is a nice touch.

If this group buy gets off the ground and it's possible to get other stuff through them I may be interested in one of their discs...

need to do some work on that garden... :lol:

I like all the bits on the bike, nice job... Not so much a fan on the Frame and Fork though... Just personal preference...

need to do some work on that garden... :lol:

Haha you don't know the half of it - brand new house in the new part of Macgregor, I settled on it six weeks ago. Backyard is a desert, apart from a few weeds like the ones in the foreground of the pic.

Nice looking bike.

Cheers - I figure if I'm going to be slow I may as well be well presented. Though those FFWD wheels are BS fast. :lol:

Oh and the frame in the Ebay link is probably the same frame, I suspect the price he's asking is about what you'd pay for a Karbona at the current exchange rate (I bought mine when the rate wasn't nearly as good and paid ~AU$1200 delivered as a one-off purchase), plus Karbona offers a good warranty and crash replacement policy.

From what i can tell that looks very similair to the Karbona, with the exception of a couple of the dimensions. This could have been an earlier model to this one.

Do all the frames ordered have to be the same?

Im hoping that we will be able to order different frames and also wheelsets.

It looks like the minimum order will need to be 5 framesets to get a better than great deal. The time it takes to get the frames could be a month. Cost will be around the $1200 mark, including taxes, freight and gst.

Decision time.

Haha you don't know the half of it - brand new house in the new part of Macgregor, I settled on it six weeks ago. Backyard is a desert, apart from a few weeds like the ones in the foreground of the pic.

Cheers - I figure if I'm going to be slow I may as well be well presented. Though those FFWD wheels are BS fast. :lol:

Oh and the frame in the Ebay link is probably the same frame, I suspect the price he's asking is about what you'd pay for a Karbona at the current exchange rate (I bought mine when the rate wasn't nearly as good and paid ~AU$1200 delivered as a one-off purchase), plus Karbona offers a good warranty and crash replacement policy.

how much and where from on those kick arse wheels?

how much and where from on those kick arse wheels?

FFWD F9R front wheel

FFWD F9R rear wheel

FFWD F9R wheelset

I bought them individually to keep the shipment values under $1000 and avoid duty and GST - buying them as a wheelset would have been slightly cheaper with Wiggle but the taxes would have cancelled that out many times over.

karbona and token are both identical gigantex/equinox products from what I believe.

I have bought from Gigantex before, 50/85mm and more than happy with them. and VERY happy with the price

I have one, will post a pic when I get home from work.

Has been very good to me - super stiff, very aero and quite low at the front (make sure to leave a bit of length in your steerer tube if you don't run much drop). Seat angle could be a little steeper but at 76 degrees it ain't too bad. Also horizontal rear dropout is a nice touch.

If this group buy gets off the ground and it's possible to get other stuff through them I may be interested in one of their discs...

Have heard from a very experienced Pro Cyclist that the Karbona Discs flex like rubber...be careful

Haha you don't know the half of it - brand new house in the new part of Macgregor

haha, yes i do! There is a house in macfarlene burnet a mate of mine bought that i did some work in with him when i was back (december, he wanted it done for Xmas)... GF mum lives there as well, her's is next i August or December when i am back again....

Have heard from a very experienced Pro Cyclist that the Karbona Discs flex like rubber...be careful

a certain triathlete that used to be sponsored by erox thinks the same thing......

get a blank one if you can.

Happy with mine and gets a fair few looks :lol:

Maybe they're not looking at the bike :lol:

Hi guys

Had a bit of correspondance with the first author on this topic and is happy for myself to offer an alternative to the Karbona TT frame. Been looking into importing some frames for some time, talking with suppliers from different factories etc and I've found one that ticks the boxes. The TT frame is the new version from the East and has some striking similarities to a few well known Brand models, a good set of full carbon relatively adjustable TT bars and a straightfoward light, stiff road frame is all available. Frame will be chaeper than Karbona. Not playing around with second rate wheels, If you want them I can build a set of Campag record/DT swiss hubs on whatever rims you want. I can also build bikes to full custom specs at VERY good prices for example-

TT frame

Full carbon TT Bars

2010 Sram Force Group (lighter/better than new Dura Ace...)

Mavic Aksium wheels/ good tyres

Fizik Arione/ Selle italia SLR

$3500 to your door (approx)

Road build as above with Ritchey or 3T kit

closer to $3000 (approx)

A lot has been said over forums about these (eastern- direct from suppliers) frames- try roadbikereview and a lot of it boils down to perception and ego. There are lighter/stiffer frames available, If you want to chat about it feel free to drop me a line and I'll point you in the right direction (Alloy is not dead) however you will pay for them.

Pics below of frames and TT bars i'd like to bring in (white branded one with questionable setback post) is from slowtwitch forum, have a read- http://forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_For..._frame_P2634406

Road frame logos is what I'd like to look at doing-let me know what you think (want blank, get blank), If interest is good I'll set up a website and do things properly- i.e. not writing essays on here. In any case please let me know what you think.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2700/ttframe.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2781/atticaroadframe.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2397/builttt.jpg

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/3869/ttbars.jpg

Thanks for your time, train hard, stay safe

Jack

re: walg4610

is there an option for a frame only?

Not Walg, but I sent him a PM the other day asking the same question

"looking at about 1000 for Frame/Forks/Seatpost/Headset

300 for bars"

Hope that helps.

Sticks!

Frame only-

Around 1000 + domestic post

Finish-

Waiting to hear back about wether both 3k and 12k are available on the new TT

Thanks

Sizes

TT frame- 52, 54, 56 - 3k or 12k

Road - 49, 51, 53, 55, 58 - 3k or 12k

For 90% of guys this is either not important or means you will be even less in the wind (lower) on the TT

Smaller guys/girls, Sorry... 49 is pretty small though..

The Karbona Neo TT bikes are a great frame.

Stiff and responsive.

To add I came off mine and snapped the frame. It was entirely my fault, coming into a corner too fast.

I contacted Florence at Karbona and they replaced the frame with a new one. No cost.

Great service.

fluro

Stiff and responsive.

To add I came off mine and snapped the frame. It was entirely my fault, coming into a corner too fast.

I contacted Florence at Karbona and they replaced the frame with a new one. No cost.

Great service.

fluro

That's pretty amazing service. Better than any bike company I know of, anywhere. Did you tell them you crashed and that it's because you were too hot into a corner though?

Stiff and responsive.

Great service.

fluro

That is going above the call of duty. This will play on my mind when deciding on which frameset to buy.

That is going above the call of duty. This will play on my mind when deciding on which frameset to buy.

Rightly so

When it comes to Integrated seat posts, what are the advantages and disadvantages of them? Would you take the risk with ISP?

When it comes to Integrated seat posts, what are the advantages and disadvantages of them? Would you take the risk with ISP?

For

Lighter i.e. Scott addict, Big TT's have negligible difference

Stiffer - bike company marketing

Against

Nightmare to pack when flying

Can only resell to someone same height as you or marginally smaller

For some reason a lot of them crack

Bit of adjustavility but not much, gotta get that cut right..

For

Lighter i.e. Scott addict, Big TT's have negligible difference

Stiffer - bike company marketing

Against

Nightmare to pack when flying

Can only resell to someone same height as you or marginally smaller

For some reason a lot of them crack

Bit of adjustavility but not much, gotta get that cut right..

I can vouch for these guys. :lol::lol::D

I own one of the road bikes with the integrated seat post from these guys. $400ish delivered. So far so good.

I'd also like to know what the large price difference is for?

Edited by Lostkiwi

Yep , I've had great service from Karbona as well. Small crack appeared in the TT bars - new set of bars sent with no problem

Bought the TT frame, 85mm wheels and assorted bits and pieces about a year ago - lots of use, all good and I'm certainly no lightweight

Also dealt with Florence - loves to hear about Australia

Thanks

Rob

I think the purpose of this thread is being lost. Ratdog wants to know if anyone else is keen on a Karbona frame like he is, I'm offering an alternative, with Toption of a complete/part build at very good rates. I indeed propose to take a small cut of the price of frames otherwise I would have said here is a suppliers info.If you want cheap stuff, there is blank old TT Azzuri frames on ebay. I can assure you the new TT frame is significantly much more than 400...

The liftime no questions warranty it sounds like Karbona offers is insane, The supplier I'm looking at offers two years on workmanship, I haven't used it.

Sorry for Hijacking your thread Ratdog, I hope noone has been offended and I endeavour to launch a website where all info will be readily accesible. In the meantime if anyone wants quoes etc please PM

Walg,

Just wondering whether you stock this gear, or just import it on a 'per order' basis.

How long is delivery time.

Do you have product liability insurance?

That's pretty amazing service. Better than any bike company I know of, anywhere. Did you tell them you crashed and that it's because you were too hot into a corner though?

I was completely honest with them. Told them straight out that I came into a corner too fast and the front wheel out from under me. They sent TNT(courier service) around to pick up the frame. They examined the frame and agreed it was cactus and then they sent out a replacement frame.

The whole turnwround time was about 8-10 weeks.

I didn't even pay for shipping. Like I said I thought they offer really good service.

fluro

I think the purpose of this thread is being lost. Ratdog wants to know if anyone else is keen on a Karbona frame like he is, I'm offering an alternative, with Toption of a complete/part build at very good rates. I indeed propose to take a small cut of the price of frames otherwise I would have said here is a suppliers info.If you want cheap stuff, there is blank old TT Azzuri frames on ebay. I can assure you the new TT frame is significantly much more than 400...

The liftime no questions warranty it sounds like Karbona offers is insane, The supplier I'm looking at offers two years on workmanship, I haven't used it.

Sorry for Hijacking your thread Ratdog, I hope noone has been offended and I endeavour to launch a website where all info will be readily accesible. In the meantime if anyone wants quoes etc please PM

Walg

i thank you for the time and effort put in to show alternatives, giving consumers (us) a simple way to compare frames. Nobody (well i dont) expects you to do the leg work for free. Keep telling us about the alternatives so we can make an informed decision.

Offtopic Ratdog but it looks like you've taken the little man in my signature and put him into the 21st Century! :lol: