Sign in to follow this  
uberbiker

New Wheels

A mate is looking at upgrading wheelsets and asked my opinion of Shimanos wheeels. I dont know cos I havent ridden on them so I put it out to the good folk of Trannies to pass judgements :lol:

great wheels but they dont survive crashes very well - my last fall cost me 700 bucks! :-(

I build my own.

You just can't buy nice heavy wheels any more :lol:

(DA7400 series hubs and 36 hole velocity rims - built Jan08, due for replacement in 2013)

I've got a pair. Great. Not that I have much to compare to but a friend who also had a set said he preferred them to Zipp 404's as they were stiffer. I can't fault them.

Ok so we are talking about the DA Carbons....

i have ridden standard and also Zedtech 404's.

The DA hubs are way better than the standard zipp hubs, and deff on par with the Zipp Zedtechs.

The DA hubs are way better than the standard zipp hubs, and deff on par with the Zipp Zedtechs.

Hmmm... then why do i know of a certain pro that had the bearings in his DA's changed as soon as he got em?

great wheels but they dont survive crashes very well - my last fall cost me 700 bucks! :-(

Just ordered the replacement front wheel. Only $655 from Wiggle, including express delivery! Crash survivability is over rated anyway... :lol:

Just ordered the replacement front wheel. Only $655 from Wiggle, including express delivery! Crash survivability is over rated anyway... :lol:

I guess the advice about only racing what you can afford to crash was a good tip!

let me know when you wanna go bro. the spotties have finally come into the bay and are cutting SICK.

yellowfin out on the 9 mile as well.......

ps. no i do not wish to partake in hills with you again. ever.