Sign in to follow this  
nealo

OT - Strange Occurrence

The other morning after going for a run I arrived home about 5.55am. The family normally wake at 6 so I thought with dawn breaking and being a beautiful morning I would walk around the block as a cool down and arrive back as they get up.

Well half way around the block

I'm listening to the words and the second or third line goes "Look up" (I don't) "the stars are all exploding" (I then think to myself look up take it all in, it's a sensational morning).

Now here's the weird part. I'm 35 and never seen shooting star, well what do you think I saw after looking up? That's right a shooting star, right at that moment after hearing those words.

Was it a sign?

Is it weirder that you looked up, or that there was a shooting star? (wait for the scientific jargon on the shooting star from somebody) :lol:

funny story I heard was a guy I work with got up for his early morning run, ran 10km, got home, wondered why no one was up yet and then realised it was only 3am.

"I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them but they were only satellites

is it wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care"

Now here's the weird part. I'm 35 and never seen shooting star...

Wow, you gotta look up more. I grew up in suburbia and saw plenty. I see them all the time now I live outside a major city. But you know they are not stars, right? :lol:

Still, the whole thing is spooky. Lucky you weren’t listening to some gangster rap, you could have been involved in a drive by!

That's right a shooting star, right at that moment after hearing those words

thats awesome! (Perseid meteor scheduled to peak on 11th & 12th of August)

for no particular reason the other day i was thinking about my cousin, whom i hadn't spoken to in months, and wondering if she was pregnant. that night i spoke to my uncle and guess what? my cousin is pregnant! had two other random thoughts on the weekend which also turned to reality

There is no spoon... :lol:

yea something like that :lol:

happens all the time. if only it worked with something useful...like lotto numbers

Now here's the weird part. I'm 35 and never seen shooting star, well what do you think I saw after looking up? That's right a shooting star, right at that moment after hearing those words.

You seriously need to look up more, there is one every few minutes if you just stare up there :-)

Was it a sign?

no :lol:

must have been very cool thogh, shooting stas are sweet!

Edited by dazaau

That's cool Nealo. :lol:

This is a bit different, but it reminds me of one day after my mum died, I was out at her farm house mowing the grass, because the house was for sale.

The lawn was MASSIVE and had scraggy trees planted in it everywhere, which made it a nightmare to mow. About six hours to do the whole lot, and it all needed doing about once a week to keep it looking tidy.

I'd been out there a fair few times sitting around reflecting about her in the rooms, and garden. But not this time. This time I was just there to mow that bloody lawn again. I was actually a bit on the angry/frustrated side.

So there I was, head down, mowing around her big grass driveway behind some trees, and swung into full view of her bedroom window. What happened next totally knocked the wind out of me. All of a sudden I felt her looking out her window at me. I was still looking down but could feel/see her crystal clear. It was one of the most intense feelings I've ever had, and came totally out of the blue. I wasn't even thinking of her before that point, just the damn grass!

She was smiling slightly and quietly, as if thanking me for mowing the grass for her despite knowing I wasn't enjoying it. I felt so many things in that instant, but above all I knew she was happy to see me. I didn't know if I should look up or not, and kept mowing closer and closer to the window. A few steps later I was incredibly nervous (not sure why, because I knew she wasn't dangerous or anything), and decided to look up and make eye contact. I did (look up), but in the time it took for my eyes to go from the ground to her, I felt her go away. It wasn't even instant, I felt her fade away as my eyeline went towards her, and knew it wasn't a bad thing, she was expecting it and went away happily. I saw an empty window, and somehow knew I was totally alone again.

I still don't know if I believe anything happened or not. It was probably some subconcious thing coming out. But wow. The experience was so fully real.

But wow. The experience was so fully real.

Regardless of how or why that happened, that must of felt pretty special.

As to having not seen a "shooting star" before now, I can't explain it. I grew up and the country and would star gaze all the time always came up empty. :lol: That's what made this even better.

As to having not seen a "shooting star" before now, I can't explain it.

Maybe its cause you've got glasses now Nealo! :lol:

yes...

by yes i mean no :lol: refer to the thread on the street lights turning off when you run past!

Edited by kokomo

happens all the time. if only it worked with something useful...like lotto numbers

just happened again!

i was just thinking that i should go buy some vitamins...5 mins later received a text msg from my vitamin guy saying he had a sale on for today only

Sounds a bit like my theory on fortune tellers.

I keep telling people I will go and see one when they ring me to tell me I have an appointment!