alex VEROFIT

What's the best US online shop??

What would be the best US based online shop for all things triathlon and Adventure Racing??

I am sure this has been covered before and after a couple searches, I have found nothing. So please, give me a couple good recommendations.

thanks

US based?

Best ones are in bold.

With the viewpoint from an international buyer- Australia. I have bought about $8-10,000 worth of mtb and road gear for about 10 bikes since the start of the year from these stores. In general, you want to be buying from a store that ships via USPS for general items.

www.excelsports.com

pro: good customer service, large range

con: very rarely has anything on sale, no discount codes, charges flat rate for USPS shipping rather than actual value, expensive shipping for large products (wheelset= $205, bike= $500, groupset $130

www.universalcycles.com

pro: good customer service-but I always get put on hold; cheap prices and then 15% discount on top of that, easy ordering system through paypal, large range from QBP, charges actual value for USPS shipping.

con: prohibitely expensive shipping for wheels and frames

www.nashbar.com

con: will not honour discounts- will claim that your credit card is being denied; expensive shipping. AVOID. The same goes for performance bike.

www.jensonusa.com

pro:at times, great shipping for frames ($45 for frameset via 3 day UPS).

con: average customer service

www.pricepoint.com

pro: good shipping calculator

www.biketiresdirect.com

pro: normally has the best price on Selle Italia SLR

eBay

pro: Check out www.procyclingdiscount.com- has a good rep in this forum. Good for second hand gear.

con: expensive shipping for frames and wheels. Most of the new gear sold can be bought from online shops for less.

www.cambriabikes.com

pro: often fantastic deals on some parts- if they have the specifications that you need; fantastic shipping rates via fedex (fast) for parts, and especially for wheels/frames etc.

con: shipping is not insured, but you can ask them to add it. Bad customer service- Avoid.

www.aebike.com

pro: wide range from QBP, good shipping rates for bulky items (workstand for $25); USPS shipped

www.probikekit.com UK

pro: good shipping rates ($15 for large amount of components, extra ~$55 for wheelsets), good prices on groupsets, good range and prices on team clothing

con: small range of most components, limited stock supplies, puts full value on customs forms

www.starbike.com GER

pro: best prices on shimano, campag, conti and a whole lot of other stuff; they speak english; good source/prices for boutique gear like tune, schmolke etc; cheap shipping, especially for wheelsets; good customs policy

con: slow shipping (20 working days norm)

www.totalcycling.com IRE

pro: good shipping rates and great prices on sidi

www.chainreactioncycles.com UK

pro: good range for mtb; good prices on most stuff, often have 5-10% sales on top; offers free shipping over ~$600USD wheelsets for $50USD. Good prices on American classic wheelsets, Hope and Sidi.

con: the more of a deal you get, the less they care about your shipping

www.chainringtransitauthority.com Sydney, AUS

pro: excellent customer service; good prices on velocity rims; best in the world prices on phil wood hubs; has 650b rims; can ship direct from Velocity factory to your door for special orders; has sway with velocity to get special colours/drillings

www.trisports.com

pro: good customer service; 15% discount if you belong to the slowtwitch forums; good deals on tri gear

www.lickbike.com

pro: often has cheap campag and other components

con: slow to order and ship, would not take credit card for first time buyer; claims to pricematch, but would not for a groupset- claimed to be able to give me the best price, but ended up charging me more. AVOID

www.bike24.com

pro: great prices, $78USD wheelset shipping. Good source for rudy project.

www.wiggle.co.uk

Pro: great prices, 6 day shipping, accurate stock estimates

nytro, wisecyclebuys, sagecycles have good reps, worldclasscycles has a wide range of tyres, but I have never used any of these. gottaridebikes has a first time 15% off coupon and $75 (quoted) shipping for wheels. sales@light bikes has some fantastic wheelset deals, and good prices on light components, with $100USD wheelset shipping. Competitivecyclist has good customer service, and a great website, but sell at MSRP.

The above post is sensational.

One other i have dealt with was R&A cycles.

Great service, Ordered a bike a couple of years back at 10pm on a friday, come 9am monday customs in Sydney called, 1 pm Tuesday bike arrived in Perth.

Regards

Mal

For pretty much everything except the cycling for triathlon I have found REI to be great in terms of pricing service and shipping times. Can be expensive on single item shipping but if you buy a few things is good. Have items on sale regularly and there are some hot prices on things like running shoes, triathlon clothing, wetsuits etc.

Was put onto it by my wife who has used REI since she lived in the States.

Site is www.rei.com

www.cambriabikes.com

pro: often fantastic deals on some parts- if they have the specifications that you need; fantastic shipping rates via fedex (fast) for parts, and especially for wheels/frames etc.

con: shipping is not insured, but you can ask them to add it. Bad customer service- Avoid

I have used them three times and found customer service very poor.

Have bought a MTB and two MTB frames.

Oncethe bike frame arrived after much delay and stuck on the outside of the box was my credit card details!!!!!!!!

Anyone bought stuff from 99bikes, they've got a SRAM red crankset advertised for $389.00 which is a great deal.

US based?

Best ones are in bold.

With the viewpoint from an international buyer- Australia. I have bought about $8-10,000 worth of mtb and road gear for about 10 bikes since the start of the year from these stores. In general, you want to be buying from a store that ships via USPS for general items.

www.trisports.com

pro: good customer service; 15% discount if you belong to the slowtwitch forums; good deals on tri gear

I am one of TriSports.com sponsored athletes this year and if you use CODE SEDS-S when your checking out you will receive 10% off on orders over $25.00 if not already discounted items

So feel free to use this code and if it helps save a bit I am happy to help, any problems using the code PM me

Cheers Hornet

Tribuys.com sometimes has some really good deals, and offer great customer service. I think shipping is free on orders over $US500.

Anyone bought stuff from 99bikes, they've got a SRAM red crankset advertised for $389.00 which is a great deal.

Just bought a fork for me and a Flat Bar roadie for Mrs from them. They are legit. Owned by Flight Centre. Full 2009 group for $1900 and 7900 for $2500.

Trying to remember sites to check out and thought of this post, so giving it a bump.

Tribuys.com sometimes has some really good deals, and offer great customer service. I think shipping is free on orders over $US500.

And discount codes of up to 20% from time to time. Listen to IMTalk for details.

Bought a wheelset and had it shipped, paid GST/duty and still saved more than $500.

Happy camper here.

BicycleDoctorUSA

I havent used these guys, but shopping for aero wheels they have good prices (20% less than MSRP) and quick replies to emails. Postage for wheels is ~$100, email them for the pricelist of wheels and components.

I put my order in on a Friday and got the goods on the Wednesday at Roma, the shimano set was cheaper that anywhere I looked (PBK, Chainreaction ect) I thought a it was bit unbelievable!!! so gave them a call. Very professional.

Not the biggest range in strict Tri-TT superbikes but they stated they can get Scott Plasmas in on order and beat anyone.. I hope that is true, ... but from my dealing, very good.

Anyone know the current discount coupon code for tribuys.com?

I think this is worthy of a tidy up and sticky.... and maybe compile discount codes and post them in the same thread.

I have lost track of the amount of times I have come back to this topic :lol:

I use this all the time and if anyone has codes they would be greatly appreciated (especially tribuys).

trisports.com

15% OFF PLUS FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $125.00

Shop now using coupon code: HOT15-E

What would be the best US based online shop for all things triathlon and Adventure Racing??

I am sure this has been covered before and after a couple searches, I have found nothing. So please, give me a couple good recommendations.

thanks

Hi has anyone done business with "Bicycle Outfitters Indy" www.bicycleoutfittersindy.com/index.htm or stores.shop.ebay.com/Bicycle-Outfitters-Indy-Store ?

Just ordered some Aero bars from them so we'll see how they perform !